The Student Room Group

Why do European media portrays Jair Bolsonaro ( Brazil president) so evil?

European media: Jair Bolsonaro ( Brazil president) is a tyrant, dictadorship etc... European media always attack Jair Bolsonaro

Scroll to see replies

who's paying you to write this
Because he is
Original post by Queenerza
European media: Jair Bolsonaro ( Brazil president) is a tyrant, dictadorship etc... European media always attack Jair Bolsonaro

What alternative opinion do you have of him and how did you arrive at that opinion?

Or you can also come from another angle of disproving any specific claim you have seen European media make that is not true.

He's a populist and a hardline populist at that. In other words, he does what makes him popular, not what is right.

175k covid deaths speaks for itself.
Original post by ByEeek
He's a populist and a hardline populist at that. In other words, he does what makes him popular, not what is right.

175k covid deaths speaks for itself.

One can say exactly same thing about liberals, SJWs and bleeding hearts.
Reply 6

Because he's a piece of ****.
Reply 7
Original post by RoyalBeams
One can say exactly same thing about liberals, SJWs and bleeding hearts.

Would you care to expand on that? Especially how you managed to include liberals on the list? Real liberals that is, not the american iteration.
Original post by Napp
Would you care to expand on that? Especially how you managed to include liberals on the list? Real liberals that is, not the american iteration.

The modern-day liberals.

They do what makes them popular, not what is right.

Such as no-platforming any opposing view, exclusion of people because of the colour of their skin (i.e. white) and call it "Safe space" etc.

They just support any liberal cause or any minority so that they are popular and liked, not because their actions are right. Many of their actions are illogical.
Reply 9
The modern-day liberals.

They do what makes them popular, not what is right.

Such as no-platforming any opposing view, exclusion of people because of the colour of their skin (i.e. white) and call it "Safe space" etc.

They just support any liberal cause or any minority so that they are popular and liked, not because their actions are right. Many of their actions are illogical.

Again are you talking about actual liberals or what Americans now describe as liberals because they are not the same thing.

I'm not sure you could call the stuff theyre demanding overly popular. Be it tearing down statues, allowing illegal immigrants in etc. It might be popular in their acho chamber but thats it. Most people take exception to their list of demands.

There is nothing 'liberal' in any of the examples you just gave.
Original post by Napp
Again are you talking about actual liberals or what Americans now describe as liberals because they are not the same thing.

I'm not sure you could call the stuff theyre demanding overly popular. Be it tearing down statues, allowing illegal immigrants in etc. It might be popular in their acho chamber but thats it. Most people take exception to their list of demands.

There is nothing 'liberal' in any of the examples you just gave.

I am talking about these liberals that triggered these:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/20/teaching-white-privilege-is-a-fact-breaks-the-law-minister-says
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/dec/26/jo-johnson-universities-no-platforming-freedom-of-speech
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/07/16/universities-must-tackle-cancel-culture-to-qualify-for-loans-says-government/

Surely they are UK liberals?
Reply 11

Of course there are liberals in the UK, i was talking about the American definition which simply means anyone whose left wing these days. Something that holds rather little in common with actual liberalism.

Yep. Most of our liberals are like this here in the UK and The Guardian (one of our most biased, unreliable, leftist extremist newspapers) is like their voice...a good thing about The Guardian is that its slowly going bankrupt because less and less people are reading it as it has become more and more extreme left in recent times... so more likely than not it will die soon. Its death will be testament to how unpopular leftist extremism is in this country.

Despite its unpopularity leftist extremism is highly influential and powerful in the UK, which is weird considering we live in a democratic society. In democracy unpopularity should directly correlate with a lack of success, power and influence, yet its the complete opposite with leftist extremists here, which as I mentioned just now are extremely influential, powerful almost always very successful in getting what they want...which makes one ask how and why? I wonder if they employ the same tactics that they employ in the US here too? I mean, I wonder if dead people vote for them here too?

Point of interest: Kemi Badenoch in your first article is a politician who opposes leftist extremism. Liberals/leftist extremists hate her.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk
Yep. Most of our liberals are like this here in the UK and The Guardian (one of our most biased, unreliable, communist newspapers) is like their voice...a good thing about The Guardian is that its slowly going bankrupt because less and less people are reading it because it has become more and more extreme left... so more likely than not it will die soon. Its death will be testament to how unpopular leftist extremism is in this country. Despite its unpopularity it's highly influential and powerful, which is weird considering we live in a democratic society. In democracy unpopularity should directly correlate with a lack of power and influence, yet its the complete opposite with leftist extremists here, which as I mentioned just now are extremely influential and powerful...which makes one ask how and why? I wonder if they employ the same tactics that they employ in the US here too? I mean, I wonder, if dead people vote for them here too?

They are highly influential and powerful because they have hijacked the UK media and monopolised it. So they (i.e. the press and allies)

1. Portray minority opinions they support as mainstream opinions and the main 'topical issues' to discuss every day.
2. Create false perception of 'popular momentum' taking please.
3. Create inertia in the majority by giving them the impression "it is too powerful a momentum to stop" and "you will get into trouble if you oppose"

TV is the most popular source of media and I am yet to see anyone that can highlight to me any right-leaning TV station, or even programme, in the UK. One will find probably only LBC as close to the right on radio and will have to get to print press before seeing decent representation of right-leaning life.

They have successfully suppressed opposing voices on mainstream media and work hard to keep on doing this.
(edited 3 years ago)

They have successfully suppressed opposing voices on mainstream media and work hard to keep on doing this.

They have indeed, not just in the media but in almost all areas of life, education, publishing, unions, the judiciary, to name but a few other examples. They have their hands on all the levers of power. You struggle to publish anything slightly critical of some leftist extremist ideologies here. Many authors self publish using pseudonyms, afraid to use their real names. They've pretty much criminalised criticism of all of their ideas here under different legislations. So you can't criticise their ideas for fear of punishment. The worst offender of such legislations is the falsely named 'Equality' Act 2010, which legalised discrimination in favour of certain groups whilst forbidding discrimination in favour of others. It also legalised discrimination against certain groups whilst forbidding discrimination against others.

The situation is rapidly getting worse too. The change is exponential. I think, the Democrats specifically Kamala Harris want to impose a similar Equality Act in the US...if they do manage to successfully do that...say goodbye to more of your constitutional rights and you have already lost so many.

They probably hate him because he's conservative. The mainstream media here hates everything slightly right of Lenin.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
They are highly influential and powerful because they have hijacked the UK media and monopolised it. So they (i.e. the press and allies)

Whom has 'hijacked' it? And 'hijacked' it from what exactly?

TV is the most popular source of media and I am yet to see anyone that can highlight to me any right-leaning TV station, or even programme, in the UK. One will find probably only LBC as close to the right on radio and will have to get to print press before seeing decent representation of right-leaning life.

There are literally hundreds of tv stations from the BBC, Sky, Al Jazeera, C4, C5, RT etc. etc. etc. are you really trying to maintain that they're all "corrupt, liberal (i presume the American definition as opposed to what liberalism actually is), leftwing"?
You do know you don't have to watch the normal news right? You're perfectly welcome to watch your, what i can only assume to be, hard right stuff online or via the various saterlite channels.
Original post by Pinkisk
They have indeed, not just in the media but in almost all areas of life, education, publishing, unions, the judiciary, to name but a few other examples. They have their hands on all the levers of power. You struggle to publish anything slightly critical of some leftist extremist ideologies here. Many authors self publish using pseudonyms, afraid to use their real names. They've pretty much criminalised criticism of all of their ideas here under different legislations. So you can't criticise their ideas for fear of punishment. The worst offender of such legislations is the falsely named 'Equality' Act 2010, which legalised discrimination in favour of certain groups whilst forbidding discrimination in favour of others. It also legalised discrimination against certain groups whilst forbidding discrimination against others.

The situation is rapidly getting worse too. The change is exponential. I think, the Democrats specifically Kamala Harris want to impose a similar Equality Act in the US...if they do manage to successfully do that...say goodbye to more of your constitutional rights and you have already lost so many.

They probably hate him because he's conservative. The mainstream media here hates everything slightly right of Lenin.

Very well said.
Original post by Napp
Whom has 'hijacked' it? And 'hijacked' it from what exactly?

I am sure the answer to these questions are clear from my post you quoted.

There are literally hundreds of tv stations from the BBC, Sky, Al Jazeera, C4, C5, RT etc. etc. etc. are you really trying to maintain that they're all "corrupt, liberal (i presume the American definition as opposed to what liberalism actually is), leftwing"?

What do you think they are?

Right-wing stations?

You do know you don't have to watch the normal news right? You're perfectly welcome to watch your, what i can only assume to be, hard right stuff online or via the various saterlite channels.

Yeah!

So the people with opposing views are "free" to not watch mainstream media. If they don't choose that, then they can choose that we will force our opinions and ideologies on them.

Then when they get the upper hand later and they do the same to us, we start shouting and whining about "dictatorship", "nazism", "intolerance" and "censorship".

I get it!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
I am sure the answer to these questions are clear from my post you quoted.

Not especially, hence the question.

What do you think they are?

Right-wing stations?

They span the spectrum with most being center or simply 'not biassed' (hardly a bad thing) Although i have yet to hear anyone accuse AJ and RT of being soft liberal sop shows.

Yeah!

So the people with opposing views are "free" to not watch mainstream media. If they don't choose that, then they can choose that we will force our opinions and ideologies on them.

Then when they get the upper hand later and they do the same to us, we start shouting and whining about "dictatorship", "nazism", "intolerance" and "censorship".

I get it!

Whose forcing anything on anyone sorry?
I'm not entirely sure what the nazis have to do with tv channels sorry?
Original post by Napp
Not especially, hence the question.

Very implicitly clear.

"They span the spectrum with most being center or simply 'not biassed' (hardly a bad thing) Although i have yet to hear anyone accuse AJ and RT of being soft liberal sop shows."

Okay.

Can you explain the ideology/positions that you have seen of/in/from the TV channels that led you to see them as "center" or "right-leaning"?

RT, I don't watch it and is not definitely what I would call "mainstream". Neither is CCTV, France 24 or Euronews.

AJ: when you do your assessment of this, please focus on AJ English.

The part of the mainstream you have missed out includes ITV and CNN. Feel free to add them if you feel they are also "center" or "right-leaning".

So here are the list of channels: BBC, Sky, Al Jazeera English, C4, C5, ITV and CNN (If you wish or see a point in it, split BBC and ITV by their different channels)

Please group each of them under these 3 categories (as best as they fit): Left, Center, Right.

Then explain how you concluded about the ones under "center" and "right".

"Whose forcing anything on anyone sorry?
I'm not entirely sure what the nazis have to do with tv channels sorry?"

When you are a gatekeeper to a benefit/facility and you choose to impose your will on others who heavily depend on the benefit/facility (otherwise you tell them they are "free" to go to a less beneficial source or inferior facility, if they cannot take your terms), then you are forcing something on others. It is that simple, not rocket science!

Even Weinstein was charged to court for that behaviour.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest