The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Official Anglia Ruskin University 2021 applicant chat

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Anglia Ruskin University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I am an international applicant for undergraduate. Has anyone else applied for September 2021 intake yet?
I have applied for Computer Science BEng with placement year.

Waiting for an offer since a month and a half, God knows how much more time will it take •_•
Anyone who has received an offer?
(edited 3 years ago)
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
I’ve applied for children’s nursing 🙂 still waiting to hear back !! submitted my application last Thursday x
Hi everyone! I am a current student at ARU. I am a second year law student based at Cambridge Campus. Feel free to say hello or ask any questions you may have :smile:

Syeda
Reply 4
Just had my interview for children’s nursing!
Original post by lxtte23
I’ve applied for children’s nursing 🙂 still waiting to hear back !! submitted my application last Thursday x

Reply 6
Original post by Tljl

How did it go?!! That’s exciting. How long did it take them to offer you an interview after you sent off your Ucas application? X
Original post by lxtte23
How did it go?!! That’s exciting. How long did it take them to offer you an interview after you sent off your Ucas application? X

It went okay was very laid back! Shortest interview I’ve had so far. I sent my application off in September and got an interview invite on 3rd November!
Reply 8
i'm applying for midwifery and i'm really nervous hahah i hope i can get an offer :s-smilie:x
Original post by cashra1n
i'm applying for midwifery and i'm really nervous hahah i hope i can get an offer :s-smilie:x

Hiya, I've got an offer for midwifery and my interview on the 26th (also happens to be my 21st birthday haha) but they've been really bad about replying to my emails...where I've had to go home from my current uni because of lockdown I've left all my ID and exam docs at my address there and they've not got back to me about what to do. I've emailed three times now, hope I hear something soon...
Original post by erwinterbone
Hiya, I've got an offer for midwifery and my interview on the 26th (also happens to be my 21st birthday haha) but they've been really bad about replying to my emails...where I've had to go home from my current uni because of lockdown I've left all my ID and exam docs at my address there and they've not got back to me about what to do. I've emailed three times now, hope I hear something soon...

They’ve been bad at replying to me as my school wouldn’t allow me to collect certificates due to COVID, I assume they have seen it however as they have given me a conditional offer for nursing with the certificates as one of the conditions!
Heyyy,
Im applying for Medicine and I am currently doing Bio, Chem and French
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Anglia Ruskin University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I got an unconditional offer to study psychology with a placement year. Still deciding on unis tho.
Original post by ARUStudents
Hi everyone! I am a current student at ARU. I am a second year law student based at Cambridge Campus. Feel free to say hello or ask any questions you may have :smile:

Syeda

Hiya, how hard is it to find a placement. Does the uni help out a lot in finding good contacts
Original post by Vanessa03
Hiya, how hard is it to find a placement. Does the uni help out a lot in finding good contacts

Hello! If you are specially asking about law then, I do know the answer! Law is quite competitive so it is hard but ARU hosts various events such as careers events, mentorship schemes where you are usually paired with a mentor who belongs to the field of law, law clinic on campus offers work experience with solicitors and barristers where you make great contacts with lawyers from law firms. We also have guest speakers who are lawyers and academics themselves so I can assure overall you are exposed to plenty of connections.

Just have to be proactive and always attend :smile:

Feel free to ask more questions and I hope I was helpful (if you asked for law students).

Stay safe.
#ARUSyeda

Syeda

@ARUStudents could you help me with something? So I received a conditional offer about 3 weeks ago. I was asked to upload my GCSE certificates on the ARU portal. Though, Im still waiting for other unis to respond back so that I could accept offer from ARU via UCAS. I have recieved 2 reminders from ARU so far that I still have pending tasks and should upload the required documents. So should I upload the documents right now or after I have heard back from all the unis and have accepted ARU? Contacted the Admissions Team regarding this a week ago - no response so far. Im an international student btw.
Hello! If you are specially asking about law then, I do know the answer! Law is quite competitive so it is hard but ARU hosts various events such as careers events, mentorship schemes where you are usually paired with a mentor who belongs to the field of law, law clinic on campus offers work experience with solicitors and barristers where you make great contacts with lawyers from law firms. We also have guest speakers who are lawyers and academics themselves so I can assure overall you are exposed to plenty of connections.

Just have to be proactive and always attend :smile:

Feel free to ask more questions and I hope I was helpful (if you asked for law students).

Stay safe.
#ARUSyeda

Sorry haha I should’ve specified. I was asking about psychology
Original post by Vanessa03
I got an unconditional offer to study psychology with a placement year. Still deciding on unis tho.

hey how long did it take for you to hear back ? I've also applied for psychology and feels like I've been writing forever, ARU is the only place yet to get back to me!!
Original post by surahthompson
hey how long did it take for you to hear back ? I've also applied for psychology and feels like I've been writing forever, ARU is the only place yet to get back to me!!

I think about 2-3 weeks. Maybe check your junk Mail
Original post by Aashir Siddiqui
@ARUStudents could you help me with something? So I received a conditional offer about 3 weeks ago. I was asked to upload my GCSE certificates on the ARU portal. Though, Im still waiting for other unis to respond back so that I could accept offer from ARU via UCAS. I have recieved 2 reminders from ARU so far that I still have pending tasks and should upload the required documents. So should I upload the documents right now or after I have heard back from all the unis and have accepted ARU? Contacted the Admissions Team regarding this a week ago - no response so far. Im an international student btw.

Hi Aashir,

Yes that will be after you have accepted the offer. However, I would just upload since it might be in your benefit firstly, it is one thing out of the way and secondly it might give time to ARU to properly access your current situations too.

Many thanks,
~ARUSyeda

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending