The Student Room Group

I resent my mum for creating me

I wish I wouldn't exist I hate life, I hate people who just create children and don't think how it would effect them e.g. they come from a poor background and can't afford to look after themselves let alone give a kid a good quality of life. I hated growing up poor, every birthday and Christmas was so depressing. My mum is always so critical of me and so mean and not understanding, I just can't wait to move out. It was hard being raised by a teen single mum. Don't tell me to be grateful or that it could be worse, because life could be a lot better and it isn't.

I feel like I was denied so many things in life as a result of coming from a disadvantaged background. It makes me feel like life isn't worth living and there isn't anything out there for me. For me to get anywhere in life it is always me doing all the work, I have no one I could depend on.
Ok - your mum didnt create you on her own btw.
(edited 3 years ago)
i’m telling you this, as life could be a lot worse. the fact you have access to some kind of technology and internet is an example of it.
that’s what life is, you can’t expect people to give you things without you working for it. I’m sorry your mother is “mean” to you. also there are many ways your life could be worse.
Original post by Anonymous
I wish I wouldn't exist I hate life, I hate people who just create children and don't think how it would effect them e.g. they come from a poor background and can't afford to look after themselves let alone give a kid a good quality of life. I hated growing up poor, every birthday and Christmas was so depressing. My mum is always so critical of me and so mean and not understanding, I just can't wait to move out. It was hard being raised by a teen single mum. Don't tell me to be grateful or that it could be worse, because life could be a lot better and it isn't.

I feel like I was denied so many things in life as a result of coming from a disadvantaged background. It makes me feel like life isn't worth living and there isn't anything out there for me. For me to get anywhere in life it is always me doing all the work, I have no one I could depend on.

You do have to do the work to get anywhere in life, and so do other people e.g. me. watch the The Pursuit of Happyness because it's a true story. I do have sympathy with you but the strongest limitation that is put on you is the one that you put on yourself, keep ur head up.
How old are you? Parents are fallible human beings too and some parents are downright ****** people. What would you like to do with your life? Let go of the bitterness because it’s pointless and it will hold you back.
i feel similarly, and the people in these comments saying "it could be worse!!1!1!" are irrational. why should we just accept that life is terrible and continue breeding, only to create more people who will suffer everyday and also hate life. best choice you can make in life is to not reproduce.

sorry, I've been thinking and my first reply was a bit too harsh.
I only responded like that because you remind me of myself and I'm absolutely determined to make something of myself so I really believe that you can too. Things will feel better for you in the future, I feel like a lot of my stress and unhappiness comes from material/ monetary things but that kind of thing can be changed.
Remember, the strongest person is the one who has nothing to lose, and that's us. We can do it, we will reach the best version of ourselves.
Reply 8
Original post by YaliaV123
How old are you? Parents are fallible human beings too and some parents are downright ****** people. What would you like to do with your life? Let go of the bitterness because it’s pointless and it will hold you back.

I am 20 (currently living at home-I do want to move out but I can't afford to) I always dreamed of studying medicine but now I have stoped dreaming I am studying languages and I have no plans for my future.
Reply 9
T

i feel similarly, and the people in these comments saying "it could be worse!!1!1!" are irrational. why should we just accept that life is terrible and continue breeding, only to create more people who will suffer everyday and also hate life. best choice you can make in life is to not reproduce.

That's exactly my point PRSOM
there’s nothing we can do about that is there?
You do have to do the work to get anywhere in life, and so do other people e.g. me. watch the The Pursuit of Happyness because it's a true story. I do have sympathy with you but the strongest limitation that is put on you is the one that you put on yourself, keep ur head up.

Some people are given things in life, they are given the best education, they have two loving and doting parents and others have to self teach themselves using google and have 1 absent parent who would go to a party and not come back for two days.
Some people are given things in life, they are given the best education, they have two loving and doting parents and others have to self teach themselves using google and have 1 absent parent who would go to a party and not come back for two days.

bro please read my other reply im no. 3
Original post by chryssucks
that’s what life is, you can’t expect people to give you things without you working for it. I’m sorry your mother is “mean” to you. also there are many ways your life could be worse.

i’m sorry too. i still stand by what i said about life could be worse. but maybe for you how you’re feeling/going through at the moment it feels like it couldn’t be any worse, so i apologise. please keep going though!
This position is called antinatalism and is completely rational, if not pessimistic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending