The Student Room Group

Biomed

Has anyone who got rejected by unis for dent been offered a place for biomed and other courses like that
I might go for it and accept it because I’ve been rejected heft
you could take a gap year and re apply? I have the same case lol, what unis did u apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by Shefalix
you could take a gap year and re apply? I have the same case lol, what unis did u apply for?

I’ll only take a gap year if I get AAAB
I applied plymouth bristol Liverpool and Newcastle w
Still waiting for that rejection from Newcastle
Where did you apply
Original post by Aaran64
I’ll only take a gap year if I get AAAB
I applied plymouth bristol Liverpool and Newcastle w
Still waiting for that rejection from Newcastle
Where did you apply

I applied to kings, queen Marys, Cardiff and queens Belfast, I got a rejection form queens Belfast but not heard from others.
id actually be rlly lucky to get into any because my ucat score was so bad
Reply 4
I applied to kings, queen Marys, Cardiff and queens Belfast, I got a rejection form queens Belfast but not heard from others.
id actually be rlly lucky to get into any because my ucat score was so bad

What were your grades
I reckon my whole application was good but like my predicted grades screwed me
Original post by Aaran64
What were your grades
I reckon my whole application was good but like my predicted grades screwed me

my gcses and ucat is are quite trash but they are
predicted A*AA
ucat 2300 b2
wbu?
Reply 6
predicted A*AA
ucat 2300 b2
wbu?

Abbb and 2700 b2 and 8766666644
Very bad compared to everyone else
predicted A*AA
ucat 2300 b2
wbu?

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but QMUL don't interview anyone with a UCAT below the 3rd decile...
Reply 8
Even if you have to resit exams?
Reply 9
I’m doing dentistry and I know 3people and they all said go for the graduate route if not successful this time
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but QMUL don't interview anyone with a UCAT below the 3rd decile...

lol ik, im expecting a rejection anyways
lol ik, im expecting a rejection anyways

Hi!
I got an interview last year from QM with 2360 and band 3 but got rejected post-interview:frown:
Original post by aspireddentist
Hi!
I got an interview last year from QM with 2360 and band 3 but got rejected post-interview:frown:

omg that gives me so much hope! ty :smile:, may I ask what your other stats were?
omg that gives me so much hope! ty :smile:, may I ask what your other stats were?

I applied as a graduate with a 1st in biomed and distinction in msc nutrition and food science. Where else did you apply?
I think QM has a cutoff the 3rd decile. Last year it was 2280 so you will still be considered I think. :smile: I got my interview invite on the 17/12 last year but I think they look at the SJT (I had band 3) when making offers and also the ucat cutoff must be much higher for graduates so maybe that might explain why I got rejected post-interview. They didn't reply to me with further feedback.
Original post by aspireddentist
I applied as a graduate with a 1st in biomed and distinction in msc nutrition and food science. Where else did you apply?
I think QM has a cutoff the 3rd decile. Last year it was 2280 so you will still be considered I think. :smile: I got my interview invite on the 17/12 last year but I think they look at the SJT (I had band 3) when making offers and also the ucat cutoff must be much higher for graduates so maybe that might explain why I got rejected post-interview. They didn't reply to me with further feedback.

The 3rd decile this year was 2370 so I don’t think it would be kind to get up their hopes.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
The 3rd decile this year was 2370 so I don’t think it would be kind to get up their hopes.

Yeah true this year the cutoff is much higher than last year. I didn't apply to QM this time round because it was too risky with my new score. I sat the bmat and the uclan exam. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest