The Student Room Group

How many marks out of 8 did I get?

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2018/november/AQA-87001-QP-NOV18.PDF

Question 2.

The writer uses the technique of a triplet to describe the dinosaur. This is evident where it says ‘great oiled, resilient, striding legs’. An interpretation of describing the dinosaur's legs like this can perhaps be symbolism of showing the dinosaur as a machine. The T-Rex never gets tired and can run as long as it is oiled perhaps meaning when it has food. It is also described as though it can live its life mercilessly imposing itself upon the rest of the jungle without fearing and rather getting feared of. This idea signifies the dinosaur’s might, power and strength in the jungle. What you can get from this is that the dinosaur has very little weaknesses and is far superior than the rest of the jungle which it imposes itself to.

It is also implied to have great power as seen when described as a ‘great evil god’. The choice of the writer of the word ‘god’ may show its power and force not to be reckoned with however, as it is also described as ‘evil’ ideas of it having no mercy and being destructive also come to mind. It is a machine which can altercate the rest of the jungle with its cataclysmic power and unmatched strength. Perhaps the reader is trying to tell us that when the T-rex is awake, all other beasts of the jungle are in danger of its wrath and swift and resilient abilities as they can get devoured with its ‘fence of teeth’ that are almost like ‘daggers’. When the T-Rex is awake and hungry, its superiority can out-shine all of the other creatures with its desire to satisfy its stomach.
Wow this is good. Rather than focus on final effort number grades I will say that this is worthy of a high mark overall. You have consistently used the appropriate literacy technique to describe the dinosaur and also cleverly provided some relevant examples as well. This is a impressive level of detail and piece of coursework overall too. I would add that I was feeling like I was right there living in the jungle as I briefly read over your coursework in addition.
Seriously you are a very talented writer. No doubt about it at all. I wish you all the best. BTW you may wish to divide your work up into three or four paragraphs in order to make it easier on the reader. Just a helpful suggestion. Other than that there is nothing literally left for me to say about your coursework that is negative either.
maybe use to get a hugher mark this is 7-8 marks

The writer employs an extended metaphor of power
and strength to describe the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
He says it ‘towered’ over the trees, the verb
‘towered’ suggesting that the huge creature is
imposing itself on its jungle surroundings from a
great height, and intimidating everything beneath it.
It is personified as a ‘great evil god’, implying the
Tyrannosaurus Rex is an all-powerful being without
mercy, and also a ‘terrible warrior’, an image that
conveys the idea of an invincible fighting machine
destroying everything in its wake.
Reply 3
Original post by Ruqaiyahhhh_
maybe use to get a hugher mark this is 7-8 marks

The writer employs an extended metaphor of power
and strength to describe the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
He says it ‘towered’ over the trees, the verb
‘towered’ suggesting that the huge creature is
imposing itself on its jungle surroundings from a
great height, and intimidating everything beneath it.
It is personified as a ‘great evil god’, implying the
Tyrannosaurus Rex is an all-powerful being without
mercy, and also a ‘terrible warrior’, an image that
conveys the idea of an invincible fighting machine
destroying everything in its wake.

That's some peng analysis, fam.
Original post by Tolgash
That's some peng analysis, fam.

raaaahhh g i just copped it off the web icl mans done out when it comes to english :colonhash:
Reply 5
raaaahhh g i just copped it off the web icl mans done out when it comes to english :colonhash:

Fairs, fam. English was man's best ting at school, you get me? But I've had subjects like dat doe.
Original post by Tolgash
Fairs, fam. English was man's best ting at school, you get me? But I've had subjects like dat doe.

mans still in year 11 g but we do english lit in year 10 . man copped a 6 which wasnt very good but it is what it is g ygm. what did you man get ?

why are we talking like chavs skksks ?
Reply 7
mans still in year 11 g but we do english lit in year 10 . man copped a 6 which wasnt very good but it is what it is g ygm. what did you man get ?

why are we talking like chavs skksks ?

Man got a 9, G. I'm a top waffled doe. English lit. in year 10 is mad, fam.

We talking like chavs because that's how the mandem do it, innit.
Original post by Tolgash
Man got a 9, G. I'm a top waffled doe. English lit. in year 10 is mad, fam.

We talking like chavs because that's how the mandem do it, innit.

damn a 9? **** sakes g you were one of them man that made the grade bounderies higher.

yeah it was a mad ting icl didnt know what i was writing icl i had barely revised bc man forgets everything in the exam hall ygm and starts stressing?

yes g you a real one no cap my g
Reply 9
damn a 9? **** sakes g you were one of them man that made the grade bounderies higher.

yeah it was a mad ting icl didnt know what i was writing icl i had barely revised bc man forgets everything in the exam hall ygm and starts stressing?

yes g you a real one no cap my g

Yeah, fam. I was one of dem ones.

Yeah, I get dat. It happens to me too, bruv. You ain't alone, my G.

You too, fam! Good luck in your exams.
Original post by Tolgash
Yeah, fam. I was one of dem ones.

Yeah, I get dat. It happens to me too, bruv. You ain't alone, my G.

You too, fam! Good luck in your exams.

talking like that hurts my head djjdjd. so are you in college uni or a job rn lmao?

thank you ! you too in whatver youre doing :smile:
Original post by Kyaurix
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2018/november/AQA-87001-QP-NOV18.PDF

Question 2.

The writer uses the technique of a triplet to describe the dinosaur. This is evident where it says ‘great oiled, resilient, striding legs’. An interpretation of describing the dinosaur's legs like this can perhaps be symbolism of showing the dinosaur as a machine. The T-Rex never gets tired and can run as long as it is oiled perhaps meaning when it has food. It is also described as though it can live its life mercilessly imposing itself upon the rest of the jungle without fearing and rather getting feared of. This idea signifies the dinosaur’s might, power and strength in the jungle. What you can get from this is that the dinosaur has very little weaknesses and is far superior than the rest of the jungle which it imposes itself to.

It is also implied to have great power as seen when described as a ‘great evil god’. The choice of the writer of the word ‘god’ may show its power and force not to be reckoned with however, as it is also described as ‘evil’ ideas of it having no mercy and being destructive also come to mind. It is a machine which can altercate the rest of the jungle with its cataclysmic power and unmatched strength. Perhaps the reader is trying to tell us that when the T-rex is awake, all other beasts of the jungle are in danger of its wrath and swift and resilient abilities as they can get devoured with its ‘fence of teeth’ that are almost like ‘daggers’. When the T-Rex is awake and hungry, its superiority can out-shine all of the other creatures with its desire to satisfy its stomach.

6-7
I
talking like that hurts my head djjdjd. so are you in college uni or a job rn lmao?

thank you ! you too in whatver youre doing :smile:

Gap year. I wanna start looking for a job soon.

Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending