The Student Room Group

Be honest here, how are you?

Just a safe space to talk about your feelings and how you are at the moment given how turbulent everything is right now.

Scroll to see replies

Like u said turbulent I’ve had my off days like I usually do but these days I’ve been picking myself up instead of being upset for the whole day. I guess that’s progress. This week has been amazing tho eventhough I have exams starting from Monday. I hope you are great!
Terrible
My posts usually get deleted when I say how I'm feeling. But today, I'm actually feeling OK.
Tired and drained from my first year at uni. Unmotivated, procrastinating. Stressed from the work load. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Tired and drained from my first year at uni. Unmotivated, procrastinating. Stressed from the work load. :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that
My posts usually get deleted when I say how I'm feeling. But today, I'm actually feeling OK.

That's good.
Original post by finezeal123
Terrible

I'm sorry to hear that, it gets better I promise.
Original post by learner38
Like u said turbulent I’ve had my off days like I usually do but these days I’ve been picking myself up instead of being upset for the whole day. I guess that’s progress. This week has been amazing tho eventhough I have exams starting from Monday. I hope you are great!

Wow I'm so glad to hear that your week was amazing! That's defintely progress!!!
Bored
Original post by tinygirl96
Bored

Is there anything you can do to combat that right now?
Original post by Purplemonkeys
Just a safe space to talk about your feelings and how you are at the moment given how turbulent everything is right now.

@Purplemonkeys How are you feeling?
Original post by Purplemonkeys

I'm feeling like **** to be honest, I'm crying in bed right now
not really
wondering how to stop comparing to others but also not wanting to stop comparing as it is a form of motivation.
@Purplemonkeys How are you feeling?

I'm great, thanks for asking! What about you?
I'm feeling like **** to be honest, I'm crying in bed right now

I'm here for you, please talk to me. You can always use your account to message me. It gets better. I promise 💗
Original post by tinygirl96
not really

Fair enough
I'm really upset right now and I give up with this one specific user on TSR. I am done with it.
wondering how to stop comparing to others but also not wanting to stop comparing as it is a form of motivation.

Not sure if this will help you much, but how about you stop comparing yourself to others and their lives and achievements, which are probably going in a different direction to yours, and start comparing yourself to your past self? Recognise the progress you've made from where you were vs where you are for a self esteem boost, and look at where you want to be for motivation! The only person you need to compare yourself to is you, at the end of the day. It isn't easy, but it helps, I promise!
L x

Quick Reply

Latest