The Student Room Group

royal mail parcel to europe

i sent a parcel to france from uk with international standard service at royal mail , my barcode doesnt work for tracking the parcel and im unable to phone post office to ask the delivery time. it says 3-5 days online but it hasnt arrived to destination yet. could this be due to covid and delays , if so how much longer do u think itll take for parcel to get there ?
Original post by Elle666
i sent a parcel to france from uk with international standard service at royal mail , my barcode doesnt work for tracking the parcel and im unable to phone post office to ask the delivery time. it says 3-5 days online but it hasnt arrived to destination yet. could this be due to covid and delays , if so how much longer do u think itll take for parcel to get there ?

Which country are you sending it to? Maybe it's stuck at customs perhaps?
Reply 2
Original post by Elle666
i sent a parcel to france from uk with international standard service at royal mail , my barcode doesnt work for tracking the parcel and im unable to phone post office to ask the delivery time. it says 3-5 days online

It says 3-5 working days, which might affect your calculations (I assume working days means Monday-Friday). What day did you post it?

but it hasnt arrived to destination yet. could this be due to covid and delays , if so how much longer do u think itll take for parcel to get there ?

It's entirely possible that there's some additional delay due to Covid. Also, bear in mind that the 3-5 working days is an aim, and that once it has left the UK it's outside of the control and influence of Royal Mail.

Was the parcel clearly and correctly addressed? Was it correctly packed? Was there a return address on the parcel?
Original post by martin7
It says 3-5 working days, which might affect your calculations (I assume working days means Monday-Friday). What day did you post it?

It's entirely possible that there's some additional delay due to Covid. Also, bear in mind that the 3-5 working days is an aim, and that once it has left the UK it's outside of the control and influence of Royal Mail.

Was the parcel clearly and correctly addressed? Was it correctly packed? Was there a return address on the parcel?

yes address was correct with return address nd it was accepted at post so i believe it was correctly packed
Original post by BabyStitch
Which country are you sending it to? Maybe it's stuck at customs perhaps?

stated in post: France
posted in a tuesday

Original post by martin7

Original post by Anonymous
yes address was correct with return address nd it was accepted at post so i believe it was correctly packed

posted on a tuesday
Reply 6
If you posted it last Tuesday, there is still time - 5 days after posting will be Tuesday coming.
Sometimes you have to go onto the country’s tracking system e.g for the US you switch to USPS the US postal service, to get further information. If it gets lost you can ask the Post Office to follow it up if there is a tracking number.
Original post by Kerzen
If you posted it last Tuesday, there is still time - 5 days after posting will be Tuesday coming.

posted 24th nov

Quick Reply