The Student Room Group

year 11 mocks

my mocks start tomorrow for two weeks... a little nervous tbh. I think I know the content I just have negative confidence. having an older straight A-A* brother doesnt help, any advice?

Scroll to see replies

I don't know how helpful this is, but try to avoid people who outwardly stress out before exams or speculate what will be on the test as this won't help your nerves. Also, afterwards, try not to compare or talk to anyone about what each of you said in the test.

Sorry, that probably isn't very helpful. Good luck though!! :smile:
Reply 2
it was! thanks :smile: I'll just walk away afterwards and get it out of my mind, after all once you've handed in the paper what can you change?!
Original post by a_w_
it was! thanks :smile: I'll just walk away afterwards and get it out of my mind, after all once you've handed in the paper what can you change?!

Exactly! :smile:
What exams have you got tomorrow?
Reply 4
-Triple chemistry paper 1
-Spanish writing
-Maths Higher paper 1
Original post by a_w_
-Triple chemistry paper 1
-Spanish writing
-Maths Higher paper 1

Aww good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 6
thanks!
Original post by a_w_
thanks!

:smile:
Good luck!! im doing mine in jan but am not gonna have enough time to revise everything:/
Reply 9
you still have a long time, Don't worry! most people start to revise 2-3 weeks before. just make a revision timetable working backwards from the exam and you have no reason to stress! x
ok tysm cus like im not very smart and only got 4s and 5s in my predicted grades last week:/
Reply 11
most people go up at least one grade from now to the actual exams, so you could get 6s! not bad at all
oh dang okay hopefully cus i need 2 6s and like 4 4s for the college courses i wanna get into. update us with ur results and i'll try remember to do mine too :smile::smile:
Reply 13
i'll try and remember. good luck! x
Original post by a_w_
my mocks start tomorrow for two weeks... a little nervous tbh. I think I know the content I just have negative confidence. having an older straight A-A* brother doesnt help, any advice?

i have mine starting in 4 days. i have 3 older brothers who are outstanding in their studies and have never gotten anything below an A and I'm struggling to get A/B. i can totally relate to you but i don't let my brother's achievements get to me. I'm happy for them and their hard work but i need to focus on my own achievements. all you can do so close to an exam is practice through pass papers and test you self realistically. i wish you the best of luck on all your exams:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by iviiss.f
i have mine starting in 4 days. i have 3 older brothers who are outstanding in their studies and have never gotten anything below an A and I'm struggling to get A/B. i can totally relate to you but i don't let my brother's achievements get to me. I'm happy for them and their hard work but i need to focus on my own achievements. all you can do so close to an exam is practice through pass papers and test you self realistically. i wish you the best of luck on all your exams:smile:

thanks so much ! they're going good! good luck to you too
Hello have u had ur exams yet? how did they go??
Reply 17
Original post by AceLlamaFace
Hello have u had ur exams yet? how did they go??

exams done and actually went quite well :smile: (phew!) results will come back after the break hopefully. How about you?
Im glad to hear they went well :smile: . not sure whats happening at the min due to covid so im not sure if im ever taking my mocks:/
Reply 19
Original post by AceLlamaFace
Im glad to hear they went well :smile: . not sure whats happening at the min due to covid so im not sure if im ever taking my mocks:/

do you know yet? how is everyone anyway

Quick Reply

Latest