The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open Uni Penalty

If i leave open uni halfway through how much would i owe them if i got a student loan? I've tried reading the PDF's but if someone could summarise it for me i'd appriciate it . :smile:
Halfway through a module? Halfway through a degree?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Rybak
If i leave open uni halfway through how much would i owe them if i got a student loan? I've tried reading the PDF's but if someone could summarise it for me i'd appriciate it . :smile:

You will have to finish the year you cant leave the course halfway unless you have an EC.
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
You will have to finish the year you cant leave the course halfway unless you have an EC.

You can defer modules (almost)whenever you like-you can also withdraw from modules entirely.

How fees are effected depend on the dates and the specifics to what the OP is actually asking.
Original post by GabiAbi84
You can defer modules (almost)whenever you like-you can also withdraw from modules entirely.

How fees are effected depend on the dates and the specifics to what the OP is actually asking.

Oh. When I enquired with OU, regarding my course they informed me I couldn't leave the course midway through. Perhaps its different for different course.

Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Oh. When I enquired with OU, regarding my course they informed me I couldn't leave the course midway through. Perhaps its different for different course.

Thank you. :smile:

I’ve never heard of them not letting people leave a module before. What module were you doing?
Original post by GabiAbi84
I’ve never heard of them not letting people leave a module before. What module were you doing?

Health and social care.
Reply 7
Original post by Rybak

So if i left halfway through a module or course, would i be fined because of the student loan taken out.

From what i know the first 14 days of a new module you get a refund, so in this case will i not get charged from the loan.

Quick Reply

Latest