The Student Room Group

study bud - gcse! get myself together!

hey, i’m chrys and a year 11 student.
i made this because i’m a pretty lazy person lol and i need the motivation to keep going. also not just that, a chance to get to know some other year elevens and give off a few tips and maybe talk about certain subject!
i took:
- maths (edexcel) - higher -
- english (edquas)
- combine - higher - science (AQA)
- religious studies (AQA, Christianity and Islam)
- history (AQA) (germany - democracy and dictatorship (1890-1945), conflict and tension (1918-193) & elizabethan england (1568-1603))
- creative imedia (OCR)
- resistant materials (eduqas)
- spanish - higher - (edexcel)

if you’ve took these subjects, please feel free to talk lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by chryssucks
i made this because i’m a pretty lazy person lol and i need the motivation to keep going. also not just that, a chance to get to know some other year elevens and give off a few tips and maybe talk about certain subject!
i took:
- english (edquas)
- history (AQA) (germany - democracy and dictatorship (1890-1945), conflict and tension (1918-193) & elizabethan england (1568-1603))
- creative imedia (OCR)

hey, i take spanish too and the lack of motivation i relate so much, i literally get so easily distracted
hii i take combined science higher aqa too and history but edexcel
Original post by ruru06
hii i take combined science higher aqa too and history but edexcel

ah okii nice to know
Original post by 079rach
hey, i take spanish too and the lack of motivation i relate so much, i literally get so easily distracted

I regret spanish sm. it’s not even that I’m bad at it, it’s that i’m so lazy lol
Reply 5
I regret spanish sm. it’s not even that I’m bad at it, it’s that i’m so lazy lol

same but I had to take a language I just didn't try at all in year 10 so im so behind ughk
Reply 6
i can send all my history notes and my essays on germany. i got full marks in a couple of essays, history is my fav subject <3
Original post by demxntia
i can send all my history notes and my essays on germany. i got full marks in a couple of essays, history is my fav subject <3

omg yes please that would be so helpful!!! 😭
Original post by 079rach
same but I had to take a language I just didn't try at all in year 10 so im so behind ughk

ahh i have my writing mock on thursday😭
Hey! You can also check out the Year 11 Chat Thread, which you can find in the GCSE forum!
Reply 10
i took:
- english (edquas)
- creative imedia (OCR)

i can send u all my history notes on germany, history is my fav subject so uhh if u want the notes message me
Original post by jpsvge1
i can send u all my history notes on germany, history is my fav subject so uhh if u want the notes message me

oh okii i’ll message you, thanks
Original post by jpsvge1

in terms of history I know the knowledge and facts but I need more practise in applying it to essay questions. How do i get better at them? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by ruru06
in terms of history I know the knowledge and facts but I need more practise in applying it to essay questions. How do i get better at them? :smile:

for gcse it depends what exam board ur doing and which essay questions it is. so for me, there were only two types of essays in gcse, the 10 marker and one 40 marker. lmk what exam board and how many marks the question is worth then ill try and help!
Original post by jpsvge1
for gcse it depends what exam board ur doing and which essay questions it is. so for me, there were only two types of essays in gcse, the 10 marker and one 40 marker. lmk what exam board and how many marks the question is worth then ill try and help!

i do edexcel
i took:
- english (edquas)
- creative imedia (OCR)

- religious studies (AQA, Christianity and Islam) help me with this please x
hey! I do the same maths, history, rs (I completed it last year and got my grade) as you.
Original post by glory to god
- religious studies (AQA, Christianity and Islam) help me with this please x

feel free to dm me! i enjoy RE so yeah :smile:
Original post by inadequacykillsu
hey! I do the same maths, history, rs (I completed it last year and got my grade) as you.

ah okiii
Hiiii, I'm in year 11 too. When's your mocks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending