The Student Room Group

Year 13

Hi. I am currently in year 13 and I am struggling to cope with the workload. I am an average student and all of my subjects are essay based and two with coursework. I find that it’s really hard to cope mentally with doing both of the coursework at the same time and essays being set on top of that. I am missing deadlines which is bad but if I miss my coursework deadlines that’s even worse. Is anyone in the same boat or have any advice?
Original post by ttamgerine
Hi. I am currently in year 13 and I am struggling to cope with the workload. I am an average student and all of my subjects are essay based and two with coursework. I find that it’s really hard to cope mentally with doing both of the coursework at the same time and essays being set on top of that. I am missing deadlines which is bad but if I miss my coursework deadlines that’s even worse. Is anyone in the same boat or have any advice?

Omg same. I was preparing for an interview i had today and i was so stressed about it so i couldnt even revise and i have 2 tests tomorrow😒
Reply 2

We’ve all been there :frown:( My recommendation is just to talk to your teachers and try to work out a priorities list so you make sure things like coursework get done, then work back into missing assignments over the Christmas holidays x
I get you.
Literally!!! It gets so stressful to the point where you can’t even revise and can’t even function- at least theres other people in the same boat I guess? I hope your tests and interviews went well anyways !

Thank youu it went so well! Where are you at with ucas and all that
Reply 5
I feel you. That was me at the beginning of the year. Speak to someone you trust, speak to your teachers, family.
Honestly this is me. What subjects are you doing? I do Music, Psych, and Media, and am predicted AAA but really want A*A*A- A*AB the stress is mental. I have 5 uni offers to study Psych in Education and need ABB, so not too worried about getting into uni just the workload is INSANE.

I am completely in the same boat. I have two sets of coursework for History and English which is a work load and a half! I do feel that my mental health does suffer sometimes because of so much we have to do in Year 13 and A levels in general. If you ever want to talk about it you can message me x :smile:)
Reply 8
I'm in exactly the same position. Making a revision/homework schedule and forcing myself to stick to it has helped. I also try and avoid going into a new week with any outstanding homework (make sure all homework due in the upcoming week is done by Sunday night). I'm sure there are loads of other people feeling like this too.
Original post by millsr
I'm in exactly the same position. Making a revision/homework schedule and forcing myself to stick to it has helped. I also try and avoid going into a new week with any outstanding homework (make sure all homework due in the upcoming week is done by Sunday night). I'm sure there are loads of other people feeling like this too.

I should give a try!! I’m finding it so hard to find motivation because of the whole thing with covid and exams as well as UCAS cause now I don’t even know if I want to go to uni cause of covid due to lack of motivation. And with uni what is the point of even going next year if you don’t acc get taught xx
Reply 10
Original post by millsr

Thank you for the suggestion !!! I will give this a try and hope it works :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by MX11221
I feel you. That was me at the beginning of the year. Speak to someone you trust, speak to your teachers, family.

It’s nice to hear someone had the same experience as me. I will have a word with my teachers at some point before the Christmas holidays and ask for some advice. Thank you for the suggestion! :smile:
My application was sent 2-3 weeks ago. I’ve gotten conditional offers from all the unis that I chose (thankfully no interviews!!!!!) and I need to make a decision on my firm choice before May I think??? the worst thing about ucas is that when there’s an update on the track thing they email you but don’t actually say what the update is and it’s just like :|||| wbu???

Ikrrr it makes my heart beat LOL. I have 2 offers so far and im waiting to hear back from 2 more unis
ik like nine grand ?????? for absolutely nothing???????

Completely! I have no motivation do ucas at all. I have been looking at open universities. Tbh I really have no idea on what I’m doing with my life after A Levels. My sister started this year and she’s just in her room everyday at uni doing online classes. It just seems futile.

Do you have any idea on what you’d like to do afterwards? Xx
Reply 14
Original post by .2.0.0.3.
Ikrrr it makes my heart beat LOL. I have 2 offers so far and im waiting to hear back from 2 more unis

I hope they get back to you soonnn!! good luck !! :smile:
After a levels I plan to go to uni. I thought about taking a gap year bc of the coronavirus but my parents said it would be hard to find a job and i don’t even know what id do because i have no money to travel 💔💔But even now,, i have to go to a uni which i haven’t even visited which is kinda scary???? My sister is also in the same boat too!! xx

What would you like to study at uni? Xx

Quick Reply

Latest