The Student Room Group

Anyone else hate eggs?

Like any form of eggs absolutely disgusts me like I’d rather eat my own shite

Scroll to see replies

I hate eggs with a passion for ethical reasons.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous1502

The concept is gross 🤢 like isn’t it chicken miscarriage
Original post by hootdoot04

And the hens are treated really badly in small confined cages, even if you buy organic or free range you aren't guilt free as when the chicken stops producing eggs they will be slaughtered.
Reply 4
And the hens are treated really badly in small confined cages, even if you buy organic or free range you aren't guilt free as when the chicken stops producing eggs they will be slaughtered.

Are you a vegan? Not judging just wondering
Are you a vegan? Not judging just wondering

Yes for nearly 2 years now, it's not easy but my conscience is clear.
Reply 6
Yes for nearly 2 years now, it's not easy but my conscience is clear.

Ah nice 👍
Reply 7
I like an omelette or egg mayo. Sometimes a fried egg can be nice depending on what else I've got.
eggs are the unborn children of hens. they are delish :drool:

No, that is not how science works. It is simply an unfertilised egg.
Original post by the bear
eggs are the unborn children of hens. they are delish :drool:

I prefer real children :colone:
I prefer real children :colone:

:spank:
Reply 12

What about the person who just has a couple of pet chickens in their back garden that lay eggs? Whats unethical about that?
:spank:

Spank me papi
Spank me papi

:spank: :naughty:
Eggs really gross me out too. I used to feel so sick every time I could smell them. Boiled eggs freaked me out the most - I think it's because of all of the primary school memories of when they'd boil them until they turned greyish and made the lunch hall absolutely stink.
Unrelated but I'm also vegan for ethical reasons like the person above.
:spank: :naughty:

:colondollar:
Original post by LoveAmore
Eggs really gross me out too. I used to feel so sick every time I could smell them. Boiled eggs freaked me out the most - I think it's because of all of the primary school memories of when they'd boil them until they turned greyish and made the lunch hall absolutely stink.
Unrelated but I'm also vegan for ethical reasons like the person above.

Ewwww
Original post by Napp
What about the person who just has a couple of pet chickens in their back garden that lay eggs? Whats unethical about that?

Well you are paying the farmer or supplier for the chicken so you are paying into the whole system.
Reply 19
Well you are paying the farmer or supplier for the chicken so you are paying into the whole system.

Somewhat reaching... Someone with a pet chicken is obviously not being unethical merely eating an egg that is laid on their doorstep

Quick Reply

Latest