The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

USW working with children and families degree

Has anyone recently or in the past doing the working with children and families degree at USW at newport.

I have got my place and was wondering how good the course was or is , does it give you much job opportunity and how was or how is it assessed?
Hi there, the BA (Hons) Working with Children and Families is a really popular course, further details are on the link below. You will be assessed through a combination of essays, case studies, project reports, in-class exercises, online tests, posters, preparing resources and presentations. Assessments aim to provide you with skills you can apply in practice alongside key academic skills. Career paths typically include opportunities to work in schools, children’s charities, integrated children’s centres, and social care settings. Additionally graduates may select to progress onto postgraduate studies in education (PGCE) or social work. There are some lovely students stories on the link below for you to have a look at.

You will be invited shortly to an offer holding day, to meet the teaching team and have the opportunity of asking any questions you may have We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Newport City Campus in September, it is a lovely modern campus in an ideal location and is where I am based too. If I can help further, please do ask me on here.

Thanks

Rebecca :smile:

https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/ba-hons-working-with-children-and-families/
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Original post by University of South Wales
Hi there, the BA (Hons) Working with Children and Families is a really popular course, further details are on the link below. You will be assessed through a combination of essays, case studies, project reports, in-class exercises, online tests, posters, preparing resources and presentations. Assessments aim to provide you with skills you can apply in practice alongside key academic skills. Career paths typically include opportunities to work in schools, children’s charities, integrated children’s centres, and social care settings. Additionally graduates may select to progress onto postgraduate studies in education (PGCE) or social work. There are some lovely students stories on the link below for you to have a look at.

You will be invited shortly to an offer holding day, to meet the teaching team and have the opportunity of asking any questions you may have We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Newport City Campus in September, it is a lovely modern campus in an ideal location and is where I am based too. If I can help further, please do ask me on here.

Thanks

Rebecca :smile:

https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/ba-hons-working-with-children-and-families/

Thank you for your response? when does an offer holding day usually be ??
Original post by Welshgirl2021
Thank you for your response? when does an offer holding day usually be ??

Good morning!

The offer holding days will be taking place between week commencing 22nd February and week commencing 19th April 2021. We will send you confirmation of the exact date, along with further details by email. If there's anything else that we can help with please do not hesitate to contact us! Thanks, Carrie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending