The Student Room Group

Where can I find my course I'm in urgent need of help?!

I am currently predicted an AAB and I am hoping to go to Leeds university to do Business Management and Philosphy as a joint honours
I have Glasgow as a second option as well as Leeds who require the same grades for the course
Kent and Essex are my safe options (BBB-BBC)
However I need to find a third option to put but I cannot seem to find my course anywhere despite me looking over unis that provide combined/flexible joint honours
The third option needs to preferably be ABB or AAB
You dont have to use all choices if you don't want to - or you could go for a single honours Business or Philosophy course.
Original post by famusallam
I am currently predicted an AAB and I am hoping to go to Leeds university to do Business Management and Philosphy as a joint honours
I have Glasgow as a second option as well as Leeds who require the same grades for the course
However I need to find a third option to put but I cannot seem to find my course anywhere despite me looking over unis that provide combined/flexible joint honours

Exeter offer a flexible combined honours where you can combine most things. Both subjects are AAA unless you are entitled to a contextual offer. It is worth looking into. Exeter tend to be quite flexible with grades on results day and may accept you with AAB or ABB.

Hello, congrats for choosing Kent as one of your final options, I am student at Kent so I do understand the struggle of finalising your options. Just for a bit of advice, you can send off your application as 4 options and decide later to include the final option or leave it as four. Or like said above, you could apply as a single honour but you could also apply to one of the uni's twice. For instance, you could apply to the university of Kent's either Philosophy or Business Management course, but here at Kent we do have what we call wild modules which means as a part of you course you choose, we have wild modules which allows you to add modules from other courses to study alongside your degree modules, which means you'll still be able to have the sense of studying both degrees.
Hope that helps, good luck!
Reply 4

Maybe Liverpool?
Southampton uni is what you’re looking for with those grades.
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
Exeter offer a flexible combined honours where you can combine most things. Both subjects are AAA unless you are entitled to a contextual offer. It is worth looking into. Exeter tend to be quite flexible with grades on results day and may accept you with AAB or ABB.

Sorry for the late reply, I have reached out to Exeter after reading this and it turns out they are able to fit Business Management and Philosophy into a joint honours course so thank you. However I am not sure I'll be a good fit in Exeter if I'm going to be honest.
Reply 7
Original post by StudentRep Canterbury
Hello, congrats for choosing Kent as one of your final options, I am student at Kent so I do understand the struggle of finalising your options. Just for a bit of advice, you can send off your application as 4 options and decide later to include the final option or leave it as four. Or like said above, you could apply as a single honour but you could also apply to one of the uni's twice. For instance, you could apply to the university of Kent's either Philosophy or Business Management course, but here at Kent we do have what we call wild modules which means as a part of you course you choose, we have wild modules which allows you to add modules from other courses to study alongside your degree modules, which means you'll still be able to have the sense of studying both degrees.
Hope that helps, good luck!

I have applied to Kent and was able to find Business Management and Philosophy as a course they provide, if only other uni's weren't so restricted with choices combining management.
Reply 8
Original post by Tashax2
Maybe Liverpool?

Liverpool would have been a great fit for me, but sadly I reached out to them and they told me I cannot combine these two subjects at their institution.
Reply 9
Original post by BedfordMom
Southampton uni is what you’re looking for with those grades.

Thanks for the advice! I contacted Southampton asking them about their flexibility in combining these two courses, hopefully they get back to me soon.
Sheffield uni offer a joint honours course, so you could maybe reach out to them? And Durham also offer a flexible honours course, but I think theirs is a bit more complicated than just being able to pick which two subjects you want to study together.
I feel so dumb, all this time I was so excited to apply for Leeds just to find out the course was for the previous year when I was putting in my UCAS codes. So now I'm left to decide between Glasgow and Newcastle as my first choice, Glasgow is a great uni but I would have to study for four years in Scotland as opposed to the 3 years BA in the rest of the UK. That leaves me with Newcastle which I think is a great uni both socially and academically, however I was hoping to have a uni a bit better than Newcastle academically with the same social experience. I've contacted Southampton and fingers crossed they can combine these courses, it would be a good substitute for Leeds. SORRY FOR THE WORD VOMIT

Can’t Leeds change it ?
Sorry for the late reply, I have reached out to Exeter after reading this and it turns out they are able to fit Business Management and Philosophy into a joint honours course so thank you. However I am not sure I'll be a good fit in Exeter if I'm going to be honest.

Is there any reason you arent a good fit. It would be worth looking into it in more detail rather than rejecting it.

Are you a BAME?
Are you a BAME?

Why is this relevant?
So now I'm left to decide between Glasgow and Newcastle as my first choice, Glasgow is a great uni but I would have to study for four years in Scotland as opposed to the 3 years BA in the rest of the UK.

Hello @famusallam ! Hope I don't add any confusion here but if you love the look of Glasgow and their course I'd recommend asking if you'd be eligible for an advanced entry offer :smile: Although our courses are longer in Scotland, it is sometimes possible to be admitted in to Year 2 entry. This does mean tougher entry requirements and I'm not sure if it's available for the course you're looking at but it could be an option for you to look in to.

Best of luck with your choices!
-Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Are you a BAME?

Original post by McGinger
Why is this relevant?

It’s relevant because many BAME students do not apply to Exeter as it has a negative reputation for being one of the least racially diverse universities in England.. In addition, I have lost count of the number of BAME students I have met personally who have all the right credentials for Exeter but say “I don’t think i will be the right fit”. Usually, what they mean is, I’m not the right race. Exeter is currently working on recommendations to improve this. It is therefore important to ask directly IF this is the case with the OP. Hopefully not but if is, it is understandable.
Reply 17
It’s relevant because many BAME students do not apply to Exeter as it has a negative reputation for being one of the least racially diverse universities in England.. In addition, I have lost count of the number of BAME students I have met personally who have all the right credentials for Exeter but say “I don’t think i will be the right fit”. Usually, what they mean is, I’m not the right race. Exeter is currently working on recommendations to improve this. It is therefore important to ask directly IF this is the case with the OP. Hopefully not but if is, it is understandable.

yes, you're right I've heard of a lot of the racial issues from a friend of mine who attends the uni, I've applied just to fit my final slot (our school urges us to put 5 options) but there would be no way I'd consider going.
Reply 18
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hello @famusallam ! Hope I don't add any confusion here but if you love the look of Glasgow and their course I'd recommend asking if you'd be eligible for an advanced entry offer :smile: Although our courses are longer in Scotland, it is sometimes possible to be admitted in to Year 2 entry. This does mean tougher entry requirements and I'm not sure if it's available for the course you're looking at but it could be an option for you to look in to.

Best of luck with your choices!
-Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Glasgow replied to me last Friday, they made me a conditional offer in which I have to meet ABB grades in my A level subjects, despite this being a AAB course. In light of this offer, I would have to wait for Newcastle to respond, if they do not give me the same offer I'll be off to Scotland next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending