The Student Room Group

6th form applications without preditions

i'm applying to Charter and kingsdale 6th forms right now but my shcool hasn't given us predictions because we're still doing our mocks. We've been told to use our target grades but mine are: Biology 6, Chemistry 6,Physics 6,Maths 5,Eng Lang 7,Eng Lit 7, Computing 5, German 5,History 5, RS 7.Despite this i've been told by my computer science teacher i'm on track for a 6 and my history teacher said i was a 7/8. My school said i could email teachers and use those predictions instead but i'm worried because charter north dulwich's applications close by the 11th and i may not get all my grades by then.Do 6th forms deny applications based on prediction grades are mine good enough for 6th form?
Reply 1
Original post by FantasyAngel
i'm applying to Charter and kingsdale 6th forms right now but my shcool hasn't given us predictions because we're still doing our mocks. We've been told to use our target grades but mine are: Biology 6, Chemistry 6,Physics 6,Maths 5,Eng Lang 7,Eng Lit 7, Computing 5, German 5,History 5, RS 7.Despite this i've been told by my computer science teacher i'm on track for a 6 and my history teacher said i was a 7/8. My school said i could email teachers and use those predictions instead but i'm worried because charter north dulwich's applications close by the 11th and i may not get all my grades by then.Do 6th forms deny applications based on prediction grades are mine good enough for 6th form?

For the sixth forms I'm applying to they ask for your predicted grades. If you give them your predicted and mention that your mock results are not complete yet I assume it should be fine as this is what im doing and what my school says we can do, hope this helps!
Original post by ermmaya
For the sixth forms I'm applying to they ask for your predicted grades. If you give them your predicted and mention that your mock results are not complete yet I assume it should be fine as this is what im doing and what my school says we can do, hope this helps!

Charter's website says it will review changes in the Spring, i'm just worried this grades aren't good enough because i'm thinking of doing maths a level.
Have you called up the school your applying to and told them or is there somewhere on the application you are supposed to state it?
Thanks, it helps. best of with your applications!

Schools you apply to usually write to your school for a reference which gives them up-to-date predictions. Places are usually offered subjext to you achieving certain grades.
Original post by Muttley79
Schools you apply to usually write to your school for a reference which gives them up-to-date predictions. Places are usually offered subjext to you achieving certain grades.

do your prediction/target grades determine whether you get an offer?
i'm certain i can do much better in the real thing. Thanks
do your prediction/target grades determine whether you get an offer?
i'm certain i can do much better in the real thing. Thanks

Each school will have its own process - we'd give an offer if grades looked 'in range' for the courses applied for. All grade 3/4 would probably not.
Reply 6
Charter's website says it will review changes in the Spring, i'm just worried this grades aren't good enough because i'm thinking of doing maths a level.
Have you called up the school your applying to and told them or is there somewhere on the application you are supposed to state it?

for the area i live there is a website to apply to any schools and it only asks for predicted grades so i didn’t need to explain, in your case i would put my predicted grades, and make a note that your grades have not yet been updated by your school and i’m sure you should be fine. also mention that you can update them with your grades soon just not yet! thankyou, all the best you too :smile:
Reply 7

Have you heard back from charter or kingsdale yet because I applied ages ago and I've still heard nothing. Also which charter did you apply to?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by bmpr123
Have you heard back from charter or kingsdale yet because I applied ages ago and I've still heard nothing. Also which charter did you apply to?

He said North Dulwich, so I'd assume that one
Who got into Kingsdale and is considering it?
Original post by frances.slight
Who got into Kingsdale and is considering it?

You mean kingsdale foundation school right? i don't know who got it, it's been 3 weeks since my interview and i've heard nothing so far.

Quick Reply

Latest