The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can help! Pls send task though
Reply 2
Original post by frankidoodles123
I can help! Pls send task though

Here it is: (sorry I forgot to add it before)

Your preparation for the examination should include attempting the following practical tasks by writing and testing a program or programs.
A system is required to record and count votes for candidates in school council elections. The voting system will allow for one representative to be elected from a tutor group. The school has between 28 and 35 students in each tutor group, five year groups named Year 7 to Year 11, and there are six tutor groups in each year group. Tutor group names are their year group followed by a single letter e.g. 7A, 7B, etc.
All students are allowed to vote in the system. Each student may only vote once for a representative from their tutor group in the election.
Write and test a program or programs for the voting system.
Your program or programs must include appropriate prompts for the entry of data; data must be
validated on entry.
Error messages and other output need to be set out clearly and understandably.
All variables, constants and other identifiers must have meaningful names.
You will need to complete these three tasks. Each task must be fully tested.
Task 1 Setting up the voting system to allow a tutor group to elect a representative. Write a program to:
allow the tutor to enter the name of the tutor group
allow the tutor to enter the number of students in the tutor group
allow the tutor to enter the number of candidates in the election; maximum of four candidates
allow the tutor to enter the names of the candidates and store them in a suitable data structure allow each student to input their vote or to abstain
count the votes for each candidate and student abstentions.
When all students have voted, display the name of the tutor group, the votes for each candidate and the name of the candidate who has won the election. If there is a tie for first place, display all candidates with the equal highest number of votes.
Task 2 Checking that students only vote once.
Each student is given a unique voter number by their teacher.
Extend Task 1 to achieve the following:
Allow students to enter their unique voter number before casting their vote. Check whether the student has already voted:
if so, supply a suitable message and do not allow them to vote.
if not, store the unique voter number, but not their vote, in a suitable data structure, and add
their vote to the relevant candidate count or abstention.
Task 3 Showing statistics and dealing with a tie. Extend Task 2 to achieve the following:
Calculate the percentage of the votes that each candidate received from the number of votes cast,
excluding abstentions.
Display the name of each candidate, the number of votes and the percentage of votes they
received from the number of votes cast, excluding abstentions.
Display the total number of votes cast in the election and the number of abstentions.
In the event of a tie, allow the election to be immediately run again, with only the tied candidates
as candidates, and all the students from the tutor group voting again.
Cool! I will get back to you with the finished code!
Thats awesome, you'll be helping me out too!

could you send it here too or my email?

Hello good sir, have you finished with the code?
Kay, so I finished my code, but I can't find any of y'all emails, so do y'all mind sending it to me?
Reply 8
Kay, so I finished my code, but I can't find any of y'all emails, so do y'all mind sending it to me?

Hey man, could send it to me too, my email is in my about me section. Cheers
Hello, could you please send me the code too?
Thank you !!:h:
please send it to my email too
could you send the pre release to me please
please can you send it to me too!! asap i really need it :frown:
please can you send this to me

Hey man, can you send it to me also? My email is in my about section, many thanks!

Hello, this is Anton.

Could you please send me the code for the Student Voting System too?
Thank you so much!
Do you mind sending it to me
Reply 17
please send it to me as well

Hello , i have the same task , can you send it to me , i have done half but im stuck on a part
Can you help please
Original post by cannedbeans102
Thats awesome, you'll be helping me out too!

Can you send it to my email from about section ?

Latest

Trending

Trending