The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Ask me anything regarding Aston University/Birmingham.

Scroll to see replies

Also, how long does it take for aston to give out offers?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, my predicted grades are BBC and pharmacy requires BBB. Do you think I would get an offer? Btw im not eligible for a contextual offer.

Hiya,
Seeing as it is a competitive course i don't think you'll get in without a contextual offer seeing as your grades are below the minimum threshold
Good luck hope you get in :smile:
Hiya,
Seeing as it is a competitive course i don't think you'll get in without a contextual offer seeing as your grades are below the minimum threshold
Good luck hope you get in :smile:

I know someone who got an interview from a different uni for pharmacy with BBC when they needed BBB (not contextual). And btw on their website it says they still consider applicants with lower grades given that the application is of a high standard.
I know someone who got an interview from a different uni for pharmacy with BBC when they needed BBB (not contextual). And btw on their website it says they still consider applicants with lower grades given that the application is of a high standard.

If the uni you are applying to gets a lot of applicants due to it being a competitive course then those with higher grades are considered first.
Original post by Aston University
Hi all!

A bit about myself: I have lived in Birmingham my whole life and I will be graduating from Aston University in a few months time.

Are there any questions you have regarding your courses? student life? Birmingham? or the student union?

I will be more than happy to answer them for you.

*Amna

What different scholarships are available for 2021 students. I am an international prospective student, pursuing a course in business and marketing
Hello, my predicted grades are BBC and pharmacy requires BBB. Do you think I would get an offer? Btw im not eligible for a contextual offer.

Hello there,

First of all I’m so glad to hear your considering Aston University - unfortunately I cannot guarantee if you will or will not be given an offer as the University looks at grades, UCAS points and personal statements when considering.

I have pasted below the email of our admissions team who will be able to help you more with this query but if you have any other questions please let me know!

[email protected]

- Poppy
Original post by iamnoteshaan
What different scholarships are available for 2021 students. I am an international prospective student, pursuing a course in business and marketing

Hello there!

First of all it’s great to hear you are considering Aston University!

Aston offers a wide range of scholarships for students so I have pasted the link to see more below to see if you qualify for any!

https://www2.aston.ac.uk/scholarships

I hope this helps!

- Poppy :smile:
Hi, I'm Ryo.I'm thinking about taking Strategic Marketing Management MSc 2021.So, if you know anything, please tell me the detail , such as competition rate, what I should appeal on the statement or what person this course demand.I'm waiting for your answer!!!
How long does it take to get a reply from Aston for biomed? :smile:
How long does it take to get a reply from Aston for biomed? :smile:

I applied for pharmacy more than a month ago and still not heard back from them
Hello there!

First of all it’s great to hear you are considering Aston University!

Aston offers a wide range of scholarships for students so I have pasted the link to see more below to see if you qualify for any!

https://www2.aston.ac.uk/scholarships

I hope this helps!

- Poppy :smile:

Hi, I'm Ryo.I'm thinking about taking Strategic Marketing Management MSc 2021.So, if you know anything, please tell me the detail , such as competition rate, what I should appeal on the statement or what person this course demand.I'm waiting for your answer!!!
I just got an offer 😊 , what’s living in Birmingham like ?
Original post by Tashax2

For what course?
For what course?

Marketing wbu?
Original post by Tashax2

Hello,

Congratulations on your offer!

Living in Birmingham is honestly great, especially around the Aston Uni campus. Its located in the Birmingham city centre and within walking distance of the Bullring shopping centre which puts you at a convenient distance from everything you need. There are also loads of nice restaurants to eat at, from five-star restaurants to award-winning street food.

Birmingham is a very dynamic and diverse city as well with one of the youngest populations in Europe. Needless to say, the nightlife is great.

There's so much to see in Birmingham, from Edgbaston to Digbeth, that it's basically an adventure. I could go on and on about Birmingham, it is overall a great place.

*Ethel
Original post by Bckbnkvbjgg
How lenient can they be with their entry requirements during clearing?

Hey I’ve seen accounting and finance in clearing CCC
Reply 36
Hi! I want to do a MA in Translation but I’m unsure whether to go for Aston or University of Birmingham. Any advice will be more than welcome! Thank you 😊
I am contacting you in connection with Undergraduate Medicine interviews. I have applied for medicine 2021 entry but have not received an interview offer yet.
Given the lockdown announcement and schools closure until mid February, what changes could be made to the medical interviews. Are they possibly going to be delayed.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Hi all!

A bit about myself: I have lived in Birmingham my whole life and I will be graduating from Aston University in a few months time.

Are there any questions you have regarding your courses? student life? Birmingham? or the student union?

*Amna

Do you think Aston university emphasizes interviews? I'm not good at it and I'm afraid this would affect my performance
Hi all!

*Amna

When do you apply for accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest