The Student Room Group

What Rusell Group unis can I get into with these grades?

I want to do law and my grades are ABBC ?
Reply 1
What subjects are those grades in?
Are these predicted grades or achieved grades?
And also what subjects just out of interest
Reply 3
Original post by Zuvio
What subjects are those grades in?

Original post by studentdoing
Are these predicted grades or achieved grades?
And also what subjects just out of interest

Achieved, the subjects are business, history, sociology and law
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Achieved, the subjects are business, history, sociology and law

Are those in the same order as before, because if so, it looks like law was your weakest subject. Are you sure it's the right choice?
Reply 5
I'd have said Liverpool, but their entrance requirements have increased. Anyway OP, Russell Group isn't the only 'right' direction. You may find that you attend a university (that's not a Russell Group) but you have far more fun.
Reply 6
Original post by Zuvio
Are those in the same order as before, because if so, it looks like law was your weakest subject. Are you sure it's the right choice?

Yes I’m sure, I got a B in my law mock it’s just that when it came to my CAG grades everyone in my year got under predicted by 1 grade because of the teacher. Law A level is very much different to Law at university too.
Are you eligible for any contextual offers?
Reply 8
Original post by gtty123
I'd have said Liverpool, but their entrance requirements have increased. Anyway OP, Russell Group isn't the only 'right' direction. You may find that you attend a university (that's not a Russell Group) but you have far more fun.

I had attended a non Russell group university, but left due to the lecturers being really bad. I have heard that University of Nottingham is good but they all have the same grade boundaries of AAA
Reply 9
Original post by Dexter345
Are you eligible for any contextual offers?

I’m planning to send my application off tomorrow, the only part I need to do really is put my university options in, but I don’t know where to apply as I want to go to a good law school with good teaching.
I had attended a non Russell group university, but left due to the lecturers being really bad. I have heard that University of Nottingham is good but they all have the same grade boundaries of AAA

Fair enough. AFAIK, the University of Nottingham is good. But there's equally good universities (part of the Russell Group) which are as good, if not better than Nottingham.
Original post by gtty123
Fair enough. AFAIK, the University of Nottingham is good. But there's equally good universities (part of the Russell Group) which are as good, if not better than Nottingham.

Yeah I agree, I don’t think university of Nottingham is a Russel group but I’d prefer to go to a Russell Group university. As I have ABBC I don’t know which one may accept me.
Yeah I agree, I don’t think university of Nottingham is a Russel group but I’d prefer to go to a Russell Group university. As I have ABBC I don’t know which one may accept me.

University of Nottingham is a Russell Group.
Original post by gtty123
University of Nottingham is a Russell Group.

Oops, I thought it wasn’t
I’d agree with a previous poster that a C in the subject you want to study at university isn’t going to look great so that could be a sticking point.

I’ve searched for Law with your grades on this website - have a look at the results and see what unis take your fancy:
https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/search/course?utf8=✓&c%5Bq%5D=Law&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_0%5D=2&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_1%5D=3&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_2%5D=3&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_3%5D=4&c%5Blower_points_bound%5D=144&c%5Bupper_points_bound%5D=168

It may also be worth dropping an email to the universities you’re interested in, asking the likelihood of being given an offer with your grades.
Oops, I thought it wasn’t

Ngl, unless you are eligible for a contextual offer, it's unlikely you'd be able to study Law at a Russell Group. Not impossible per se, just far harder. Or, alternatively, you could study another degree at a Russell Group (with lower requirements) and convert further on.
I want to do law and my grades are ABBC ?

Liverpool John Moore!
I’m planning to send my application off tomorrow, the only part I need to do really is put my university options in, but I don’t know where to apply as I want to go to a good law school with good teaching.

Have you checked out Leeds law school (AAA). They have the access to Leeds course which can lower the requirements to ABB. You’ll need to meet two of the requirements
Original post by Dexter345
Have you checked out Leeds law school (AAA). They have the access to Leeds course which can lower the requirements to ABB. You’ll need to meet two of the requirements

Thanks I just seen it now! I may apply there as I think I’ll be eligible
The Russell group is a lobby group for research funding, being a RG has nothing to do with undergraduate education. Their is a wide variety of universities in the group at various entry tariffs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending