The Student Room Group

Applications to LSHTM 2021/22

Hi, I'm applying for the MSc in Control of infectious disease at LSHTM, was wondering if anyone else is?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I applied to LSHTM as well (MSC Public Health) and received an offer in December. Best of luck @Kess_Rowe!
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m planning on applying for immunology of infectious diseases! How’s your application going?
Reply 3
Original post by hazisgolden
I’m planning on applying for immunology of infectious diseases! How’s your application going?

It's gone ok so far, just waiting nervously for a response. How about you?
Original post by Kess_Rowe
It's gone ok so far, just waiting nervously for a response. How about you?

Good luck, hope you get in!! I’ve not submitted mine yet, still getting my personal statement checked over. I keep worrying I’m submitting it a bit late but I know it’s probably fine lol
Original post by czph216
Hi! I applied to LSHTM as well (MSC Public Health) and received an offer in December. Best of luck @Kess_Rowe!

Attending this September as well!
Hi, everyone! Congrats on your offers so far. :smile:

I will be applying to LSHTM for the MSc in Public Health. I'm hoping to apply later this semester as I am waiting on responses from other institutions. I wonder if anyone else is in the same position as me! I don't want to be in a position where I have to pay £500 to keep my offer when I haven't back from anywhere else!
Hey, I'm doing the Msc Public Health course at LSHTM currently; feel free to ask me any questions or drop me a pm!
Reply 8
Received an offer for Health Policy, Planning and Finance (joint programme with LSE). I am waiting to hear back from LSE regarding a separate application for International Health Policy. Anyone got any thoughts/experience about which school to go for? I am torned between LSE prestige and LSHTM attractive list of modeules (some of which overlaps with LSE).
Original post by Nagapow
Received an offer for Health Policy, Planning and Finance (joint programme with LSE). I am waiting to hear back from LSE regarding a separate application for International Health Policy. Anyone got any thoughts/experience about which school to go for? I am torned between LSE prestige and LSHTM attractive list of modeules (some of which overlaps with LSE).

It’s a no brainer. The joint program will offer the best of both prestigious worlds.
Reply 10
Original post by gradstudebt
It’s a no brainer. The joint program will offer the best of both prestigious worlds.

I incline to agree... :wink: its a nice problem to have i guess.
Reply 11
Has anyone else waited over 6 weeks for a response? If so was it because it was a rejection? 😂
Reply 12
I'm still waiting too and would love to know the answer to this :')
Reply 13
Original post by EPres
I'm still waiting too and would love to know the answer to this :')

I received an offer about 2 hours after posting that. What course have you applied to, hope to meet you all in September!
Reply 14
Oh I'm so jealous! Congratulations 💖. I've applied for medical statistics so 🤞🤞 might see you in a module or two! Btw - was it 6 weeks from application to offer or 6 weeks from interview to offer?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by EPres
Oh I'm so jealous! Congratulations 💖. I've applied for medical statistics so 🤞🤞 might see you in a module or two! Btw - was it 6 weeks from application to offer or 6 weeks from interview to offer?

They didn’t require an interview for mine but I applied mid November and they didn’t email one of my references so they didn’t start to process the application for a while, so it was 10 weeks from when I actually applied. Id recommend to anyone to check that your references heard from them just in case.
Reply 16
Original post by Kess_Rowe
They didn’t require an interview for mine but I applied mid November and they didn’t email one of my references so they didn’t start to process the application for a while, so it was 10 weeks from when I actually applied. Id recommend to anyone to check that your references heard from them just in case.

Ah I had an interview and then they requested a reference from my second referee and its been like 3 weeks since they got that 😅
Reply 17
Original post by EPres
Ah I had an interview and then they requested a reference from my second referee and its been like 3 weeks since they got that 😅

Aha nice, I wouldn’t worry, even if they take over 6 weeks to reply there are probably a decent amount of places still available this year with covid and everything
I applied end of November and still haven't heard back and no interview :frown: Fingers crossed for all of us! Does it just say 'Academic Team Review' for y'all?
Reply 19
Original post by m1432109
I applied end of November and still haven't heard back and no interview :frown: Fingers crossed for all of us! Does it just say 'Academic Team Review' for y'all?

Yeah that's what mine says still!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending