The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc Economics for Development Oxford

Has anyone applied for MSc Economics for Development at Oxford?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 92163
Has anyone applied for MSc Economics for Development at Oxford?

Hey, yes I recently did so. Low 1st class degree in Econ from Warwick with some internships and research experience. GRE quant 168. Will see how good my chances are. What does your profile look like?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by terrano1111
Hey, yes I recently did so. Low 1st class degree in Econ from Warwick with some internships and research experience. GRE quant 168. Will see how good my chances are. What does your profile look like?

Wow, your profile is amazing! I am doing econ from uni of delhi, 166Q in GRE and 6 research related internship. I’m still in my final year but will probably finish with a first division ( which is like 1:1 )
What did you submit as your written work?
Original post by 92163
Wow, your profile is amazing! I am doing econ from uni of delhi, 166Q in GRE and 6 research related internship. I’m still in my final year but will probably finish with a first division ( which is like 1:1 )
What did you submit as your written work?

Oh, that's really nice. Good luck!

A short paper I wrote as summer researcher and a paper in econ from a module I did a year ago. What about you?

Let me know how it goes!
Reply 4
Original post by terrano1111
Oh, that's really nice. Good luck!

A short paper I wrote as summer researcher and a paper in econ from a module I did a year ago. What about you?

Let me know how it goes!

I submitted an international trade report and a short policy analysis.
Reply 5
Has anyone heard from them yet? It has not been 8 weeks but I am already impatient hahah
Hi, I applied too! Same here, lol. Getting a bit antsy. Really want this one, but wondering if I should apply to more back-up courses.
Reply 7
Original post by robustestimate
Hi, I applied too! Same here, lol. Getting a bit antsy. Really want this one, but wondering if I should apply to more back-up courses.

Hey, happy to talk to someone who is in the same boat. I hold offers from Kings and Trinity College Dublin as back ups. Still waiting on UCL and Oxford.
Ooh! Congrats on your offers! Does UCL have a Dev Econ course?
Reply 9
Ooh! Congrats on your offers! Does UCL have a Dev Econ course?

Noo, it’s MSc Economics
Hi, I also applied for the MSc Economics for Development. I also applied for MSc Development Economics at Sussex, and MSc Emerging Economies and International Development at King's. I am so impatient! I have a 3.8 from a university in the States (graduating in May), 167Q 166V GRE, and not much research but I'm doing a development economics thesis for undergrad.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by lindeelindee
Hi, I also applied for the MSc Economics for Development. I also applied for MSc Development Studies at LSE, and MSc Development Economics at Sussex, and MSc Emerging Economies and International Development at King's. I am so impatient! I have a 3.8 from two honors programs (Economics and Business) at the University of Texas at Austin (graduating in May), 167Q 166V GRE, and not much research but I'm doing a development economics thesis for undergrad. My first sample was an excerpt from my thesis, my second sample was an analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic through the light of Keynes' essay "How to Pay for the War," on Great Britain and WW2 that I wrote last May.

Your profile is so impressive! I hold an offer from the same program at Kings.
Reply 12
I emailed ODID for MSc Economics for Development decisions. I got a response telling me that we will receive them on or before 19th March.

Best of luck!
Reply 13
Any update?
Nothing yet.
Getting more impatient as the hours pass. :woo:
Reply 15
Nothing yet.
Getting more impatient as the hours pass. :woo:

Same here
Reply 16
Any news?