The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by coainecoins
I'm already submitted my Malta application.

yeh same hope we get in !!
Original post by em2102
yeh same hope we get in !!

I've submitted as well! 🤞
Reply 22
Original post by Marissa1258
I've submitted as well! 🤞

Nice!!
Have you had a confirmation email yet or anything because mine hasn't come through 🤔
Original post by em2102
Nice!!
Have you had a confirmation email yet or anything because mine hasn't come through 🤔

I've only got the ''Receipt of Application'' email, just a message saying thank you for your application. Hopefully we all hear back soon!
Does anybody know if there’s any difference in the degree title between medicine in barts and medicine in Malta?
Reply 25
Original post by Madformedic
Does anybody know if there’s any difference in the degree title between medicine in barts and medicine in Malta?

no difference, it just says "MBBS (Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry)" I'm pretty sure
Reply 26
Do QMUL do scholarships for this course?
Original post by Rita03
Do QMUL do scholarships for this course?

It sounds like a few years ago they did, but the website no longer exists:

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/malta/scholarships-available/

https://scholarship-positions.com/queen-mary-university-london-mbbs-malta-scholarships-international-students-uk/2018/05/17/

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 28
Thank you :smile:
Hi I am predicted ABB (A in Maths and B in Biology and Chemistry) and A in EPQ, with UCAT 2610 SJT Band 1. I saw a Medicine course with campus in Malta but degree from Queen Mary University of London, with A Level requirements AAB for which applications are now open not through UCAS. Should I apply even though my predictions don't meet the actual A Level requirements, although I have not achieved any A Levels yet? Also, the course seems almost too good to be true, are there any drawbacks I should know of?
Original post by DaQuestioner
Hi I am predicted ABB (A in Maths and B in Biology and Chemistry) and A in EPQ, with UCAT 2610 SJT Band 1. I saw a Medicine course with campus in Malta but degree from Queen Mary University of London, with A Level requirements AAB for which applications are now open not through UCAS. Should I apply even though my predictions don't meet the actual A Level requirements, although I have not achieved any A Levels yet? Also, the course seems almost too good to be true, are there any drawbacks I should know of?

Are you a home or international student? The drawback is the amount you'll have to pay :lol:

I don't know if predicted grades are used, hopefully someone in this thread (the one we're in now) will be able to answer your question.

Anyone hear back so far?
Hi I'm a UK student in Year 13. Oh, yes, I didn't realise the cost! :eek: Thank you, I think I'll let it pass :laugh:
Original post by DaQuestioner
Hi I'm a UK student in Year 13. Oh, yes, I didn't realise the cost! :eek: Thank you, I think I'll let it pass :laugh:

Yes, there's always a bottleneck somewhere for medical schools - whether it's GCSE-heavy, UCAT-heavy, BMAT-heavy, or just plain ol' money (look at Buckingham, they don't need BMAT or UCAT!).

There's no secret back door, sadly. Good luck to your other choices.

Anybody received an interview invite/rejection?
Original post by jeremy.green2002
Anybody received an interview invite/rejection?

i attended their open day and they were like they will send out the interviews just before Christmas
Reply 36
Is there a deadline to the applications? Ive just heard about this and i’m very interested but I can’t really find a definitive answer anywhere
Just got an Interview from Malta !!
Original post by jeremy.green2002
Just got an Interview from Malta !!

Congratulations! May I ask what's your stats and when did you apply?
Anyone else still waiting or get an interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending