The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE optometry assessment

Last week, I submitted my UCAS application and got sent a from to fill in from UWE. Its titled 'optometry assessment' and its basically a replacement interview. Its timed to half an hour and each question is timed. I cant find much on it online and was wondering if anyone else has to do it/has done it and can give me any tips on how to prepare/what was on it. Many Thanks

Scroll to see replies

How did it go? What did they ask?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Was fairly straight forward. Had to say what qualities I thought an optician should have, what professions I'd be working with, and a situation where to had to pick a best fit response.
Original post by SolidSnake23
Was fairly straight forward. Had to say what qualities I thought an optician should have, what professions I'd be working with, and a situation where to had to pick a best fit response.

Was it a written assesment or was it an assesment over the phone
It was written on my computer
Reply 5
Did u get an offer back and any tips on it ?
Reply 6
Hi could you email me some tips as to what you wrote and what the questions were and how many. Thank you
Reply 7
Original post by Alex018
Hi could you email me some tips as to what you wrote and what the questions were and how many. Thank you

Yh it’s basically replacement interview and they ask stuff like what other professions would u be in contact with daily and what’s the most important skill to have and why/when have u used it.
Reply 8
Original post by Mof11
Yh it’s basically replacement interview and they ask stuff like what other professions would u be in contact with daily and what’s the most important skill to have and why/when have u used it.

Hi i have a few questions for my Optometry 2021 online assessment at uwe if you could help!
What other questions were asked ?and how many questions were there in total? what was the video part regarding? what did you have to do in the video recording?

Would appreciate anyone assistance and guidance thanks!!!!!
Original post by iallii
Hi i have a few questions for my Optometry 2021 online assessment at uwe if you could help!
What other questions were asked ?and how many questions were there in total? what was the video part regarding? what did you have to do in the video recording?

Would appreciate anyone assistance and guidance thanks!!!!!

Hey! The one for our year was a bit different...we have to record ourselves doing a video to post on YouTube (post it as unlisted so only they can view it with the given link) and you answer the questions which you can find on their instructions bit before you actually start the assessment. You do this first then some short little questions, the first one was just listing skills required by an optometrist and the rest were multiple choice. This bit is timed. Hope this helped! pm me if you have any other questions :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by jammypop101
Hey! The one for our year was a bit different...we have to record ourselves doing a video to post on YouTube (post it as unlisted so only they can view it with the given link) and you answer the questions which you can find on their instructions bit before you actually start the assessment. You do this first then some short little questions, the first one was just listing skills required by an optometrist and the rest were multiple choice. This bit is timed. Hope this helped! pm me if you have any other questions :smile:

Hi

thanks for the reply, so will the video consist of me answering questions they have provided? How long is the Video?
Original post by iallii
Hi

thanks for the reply, so will the video consist of me answering questions they have provided? How long is the Video?

Yeah you get to see the questions before you do the video which should be 2-3 minutes long. There’s a lil instructions doc on the bit after you login with your welcome ID :smile:
Reply 12

Did you record yourself answering the questions they provided and then uploaded onto YouTube?

I have an assessment to complete but I’m confused on how to prepare. Any help would be much appreciated .
Original post by mjali1
Did you record yourself answering the questions they provided and then uploaded onto YouTube?

I have an assessment to complete but I’m confused on how to prepare. Any help would be much appreciated .

Yeah exactly what you said! You post it as unlisted and then copy the link to the video on the assessment page bit so only they can view it, hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by mjali1

What course is it for?
What course is it for?

Oh wait nvm looooooool
Reply 16
What course is it for?

For Optometry 2021
Reply 17
Yeah exactly what you said! You post it as unlisted and then copy the link to the videophone on the assessment page bit so only they can view it, hope this helps! :smile:

Oh okay thanks. What’s the sort of typical questions they might ask?
Original post by mjali1

If you login to their page using your welcome ID they have instructions about the video and the questions. There were 4 which were just basic ones like why optom and why do you think you’d make a good optometrist. Check the doc they attached on the instructions bit. Pm me if you can’t find it or need help or whatever :smile:
Original post by mjali1

What are your top choices for uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending