The Student Room Group

GCSE 2021- Can i get from a grade 4-9?

Hello,
I'm doing my GCSE this year, I take triple science, English, geography, Spanish, sociology and economics. I wanted some opinions on whether you think that if I started studying hard right now I will be able to go from a grade 4 which is what I'm predicted and mainly all of my subjects to a grade 9 for my real GCSEs. If so can anyone please give me some really good tips; websites, youtubers, study methods etc. I really am aiming for all grade 9s. The only GCSE I have is RS which I got a 7 which is amazing but for the rest of my subjects I really want a grade8/9.
I've found that bitesize is really helpful. Also freesciencelessons on youtube have been helping me understand my science lessons a lot, as well as Cognito. Sometimes Khan academy too, but not as much.

As for study methods, id recommend using flashcards, and you could try teaching someone what you've learnt in the lesson or during revision. I've found that this method somehow works too

goodluck! you can definitely achieve high grades by the end of the year if you really put your mind to it
you're going to have to work hard- if you were getting 4s with little or no revision then your grades will probably improve if you study for the exams. if you did do some revision for mocks etc you might want to look at your methods and see if they're effective at enabling you to recall the information ie. perhaps you need to do more active recall methods during revision.
seneca is good for all subjects but i definitely wouldn't rely on it as my only revision resource.
i found litcharts, sparknotes, shmoop and genius all helpful for english :smile:
Original post by study62
Hello,
I'm doing my GCSE this year, I take triple science, English, geography, Spanish, sociology and economics. I wanted some opinions on whether you think that if I started studying hard right now I will be able to go from a grade 4 which is what I'm predicted and mainly all of my subjects to a grade 9 for my real GCSEs. If so can anyone please give me some really good tips; websites, youtubers, study methods etc. I really am aiming for all grade 9s. The only GCSE I have is RS which I got a 7 which is amazing but for the rest of my subjects I really want a grade8/9.

If you do the right things to revise, you can absolutely get 8/9. make sure you understand everything, then do past papers (but don't run out of papers before the exams)
Original post by Phatcat9000
If you do the right things to revise, you can absolutely get 8/9. make sure you understand everything, then do past papers (but don't run out of papers before the exams)

just to build on this, Physics and maths tutor is really good for past papers and they also have revision resources for maths, science, geography, economics and english lit i think
Do you need help with Spanish?
practice exam questions and learning the technique is one of the things which can really boost your grades
Reply 7
Original post by hootdoot04
Do you need help with Spanish?

Yes like alot
Original post by study62
Yes like alot

1. Are you on higher or foundation?

2. which exam board?
3. What things do you need help with?
Reply 9
1. Are you on higher or foundation?

2. which exam board?
3. What things do you need help with?

Yes take higher tier aqa and I need help with everything like writing listening reading I’m so bad
Trust me it’s possible you have six months
Original post by study62
Yes take higher tier aqa and I need help with everything like writing listening reading I’m so bad

For the writing you need to learn and know your key vocab. Make sure you do everything the bullet points are asking for! And don’t forget your: tenses and opinions and reasons. What i did was make mock paragraphs for each topic and memorise them
Reply 12
For the writing you need to learn and know your key vocab. Make sure you do everything the bullet points are asking for! And don’t forget your: tenses and opinions and reasons. What i did was make mock paragraphs for each topic and memorise them

What did u get on your exam?

Quick Reply

Latest