The Student Room Group

Lnat 2021

I have my LNAT on Saturday and I’m so nervous. The only LNAT uni I’m applying to is University of Nottingham with A* A A predictions but I did an LNAT practise paper on the official site last night and only scored 21 and I’ve read that Nottingham have a cut off point of 25. Does anyone have any tips?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aaliyah519
I have my LNAT on Saturday and I’m so nervous. The only LNAT uni I’m applying to is University of Nottingham with A* A A predictions but I did an LNAT practise paper on the official site last night and only scored 21 and I’ve read that Nottingham have a cut off point of 25. Does anyone have any tips?

Hi there!

I sat my LNAT on November 30th, and received an offer from the Uni of Nottingham days after. (I was predicted AAA). First of all, Nottingham's cut off point is NOWHERE near 25, that is a complete lie, it's more like 14-15 ish. (I think). 25 is a PHENOMENAL score to get in the LNAT, (The averages for the LNAT literally range from 18-23, depending on the year it was taken), you'll definitely get into Nottingham with that. A score of 21 on the official LNAT sample test is also really good, and the fact you managed to get a score that high shows you definitely have a good chance of succeeding in the LNAT and receiving an offer from Nottingham. (When I was revising for the LNAT, I got 21 on the online sample test as well lol).
I'd recommend Arbitio, it's super expensive, but it really really helped with my LNAT. I have no idea what I got in my LNAT, but I'm assuming I got a high score since I got an offer from Nottingham so quickly... I also used 'The Ultimate LNAT Collection' which is a massive book of around 80 passages and 4 mock papers, that really helped too, but overall I think Arbitio really helped me the most.
Good luck for your LNAT and I hope you do really well!
Reply 2
Original post by RedLamp444
Hi there!

I sat my LNAT on November 30th, and received an offer from the Uni of Nottingham days after. (I was predicted AAA). First of all, Nottingham's cut off point is NOWHERE near 25, that is a complete lie, it's more like 14-15 ish. (I think). 25 is a PHENOMENAL score to get in the LNAT, (The averages for the LNAT literally range from 18-23, depending on the year it was taken), you'll definitely get into Nottingham with that. A score of 21 on the official LNAT sample test is also really good, and the fact you managed to get a score that high shows you definitely have a good chance of succeeding in the LNAT and receiving an offer from Nottingham. (When I was revising for the LNAT, I got 21 on the online sample test as well lol).
I'd recommend Arbitio, it's super expensive, but it really really helped with my LNAT. I have no idea what I got in my LNAT, but I'm assuming I got a high score since I got an offer from Nottingham so quickly... I also used 'The Ultimate LNAT Collection' which is a massive book of around 80 passages and 4 mock papers, that really helped too, but overall I think Arbitio really helped me the most.

Thankyou! Congrats on getting into Nottingham btw! What would you say was the difficulty of the LNAT compared to the sample papers on the official site? Was it easier, harder or the same in terms of difficulty?
Thankyou! Congrats on getting into Nottingham btw! What would you say was the difficulty of the LNAT compared to the sample papers on the official site? Was it easier, harder or the same in terms of difficulty?

Thank you, in my opinion the real LNAT is a lot easier than the sample papers on the site. The texts for me were a lot shorter too, and way more easier to read. And in comparison to the Arbitio mock exams, they were tremendously easier.
Reply 4
Thank you, in my opinion the real LNAT is a lot easier than the sample papers on the site. The texts for me were a lot shorter too, and way more easier to read. And in comparison to the Arbitio mock exams, they were tremendously easier.

Wow! That makes me feel so much better. I found the LNAT simulation on the official site outrageously difficult and scored really low on it but the other practise papers on the site a-bit easier but I was worried the simulation would be a more accurate measure of difficulty
Wow! That makes me feel so much better. I found the LNAT simulation on the official site outrageously difficult and scored really low on it but the other practise papers on the site a-bit easier but I was worried the simulation would be a more accurate measure of difficulty

It's important to remember that the average score for the LNAT last year was only 21.5/42, (they can be found here throughout the years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Admissions_Test_for_Law ) and considering that the LNAT simulation (in my opinion) is a lot harder than the real LNAT, to get a score of 21 is actually pretty good. I kind of hope the average for this year is a lot lower, and it may be due to COVID having an impact on people's revision.
Reply 6
It's important to remember that the average score for the LNAT last year was only 21.5/42, (they can be found here throughout the years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Admissions_Test_for_Law ) and considering that the LNAT simulation (in my opinion) is a lot harder than the real LNAT, to get a score of 21 is actually pretty good. I kind of hope the average for this year is a lot lower, and it may be due to COVID having an impact on people's revision.

Was the essay section the same?
Was the essay section the same?

You get a choice of 3 essays in the LNAT, and the essay choices are different for everyone. For me, my essay choices were really bad unfortunately.
Reply 8

Hi, how would you say the LNAT compared to the arbitio questions and passages? I have mine Wednesday and I’m really nervous.
Original post by Charlieefinch
Hi, how would you say the LNAT compared to the arbitio questions and passages? I have mine Wednesday and I’m really nervous.

In my opinion, the LNAT is far easier than Arbitio. Much much easier. If you're doing well on Arbitio, you have literally nothing to worry about. Just make sure that you're mentally prepared and don't panic on the LNAT test day.
Reply 10
In my opinion, the LNAT is far easier than Arbitio. Much much easier. If you're doing well on Arbitio, you have literally nothing to worry about. Just make sure that you're mentally prepared and don't panic on the LNAT test day.

Thank you! Yeah I’ve been doing alright. I’ve finished all the tests and roughly get around 18-22 each test. I started out low like 14/16 on the first few but now getting a consistency higher mark. Thank you though, I’ve seen some people say it was easy and a lot easier compared to arbitio but some saying it was equally as difficult to arbitio. :smile:
Thank you! Yeah I’ve been doing alright. I’ve finished all the tests and roughly get around 18-22 each test. I started out low like 14/16 on the first few but now getting a consistency higher mark. Thank you though, I’ve seen some people say it was easy and a lot easier compared to arbitio but some saying it was equally as difficult to arbitio. :smile:

If you're getting scores of 18-22 on Arbitio, you're set for the LNAT. It's the same scores I was getting, and everything was all good for me. Good luck for your LNAT!
Reply 12
Just finished the LNAT. Definitely easier then arbitio, but no clue how it went. Just going to have to wait and see. Fingers crossed
Was that practice LNAT from the Pearson VUE website with questions on theology, the martyrs and language complexity
Reply 14
Original post by PlzNerfAsh
Was that practice LNAT from the Pearson VUE website with questions on theology, the martyrs and language complexity

Yes
Would you say that was an east or hard LNAT. It was my first try and I did really bad (8)
Reply 16
Hi there!

How long did it take you to receive an offer from Nottingham by the way?
How long did it take you to receive an offer from Nottingham by the way?

Applied on the 12th of November, sat my LNAT on the 30th of November and received an offer 2 days after sitting my LNAT. (On the 2nd of December). Extremely quickly...
In an email sent to any applicants to Nottingham, I remember Nottingham saying something like if you get a high LNAT score and your predicted grades have met the entry requirements, you should get an offer really quickly. If you've received a low LNAT score it could take a bit longer, or if your predicted grades are lower than AAA.
Im Nervous, my exam is on early jan!!
Reply 19
I’m so nervous! My lowest is around 15 in arbitio and my highest so far is 23 I’ve done 4 tests so far. Should I be worried for the real LNAT? And are we expected to write similarly to the Arbitio model answers because although my English is very good (8.5/9 IELTS) it’s my third language and I can’t seem to have the same level of language in such a short and stressful setting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending