The Student Room Group

Merseyside Police Recruitment February 2020.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erg97
Hey! congrats, well done!
when I got an email for my interview, the latest i could do it was 2 weeks from that email so thats the date i chose! then about 3 days after my interview i got my results!

Thank you! Great surprise in work today haha.

That's good, that'll give enough time to do any necessary prep. I can enjoy Christmas now without thinking about the application process most days 😂.

Thanks for getting back to me pal and hopefully we might be working together one day!
Original post by JessRoseP
Hi! Huge congrats on passing! I had my email about my results end of Nov (it said the same thing, expect an email in around 4 weeks etc) but I had my email to book my interview this week so much quicker than expected. I’m sure it won’t be long! My interview is early next week.

Thank you!

Oh, well maybe I won't be able to procrastinate for too long then haha. Thanks for letting me know!

Good luck for your interview! Smash it.
Hey guys, congratulations to all of you for doing so well, I've got my interview booked for Wednesday, do they send you a separate email on the day or prior to the interview with the number to call via Skype and the conference ID? The Skype guidance attachment they sent me was a bit confusing! Would appreciate any advice anyone can give!
Reply 43
Original post by tomgold93
Hey guys, congratulations to all of you for doing so well, I've got my interview booked for Wednesday, do they send you a separate email on the day or prior to the interview with the number to call via Skype and the conference ID? The Skype guidance attachment they sent me was a bit confusing! Would appreciate any advice anyone can give!

hi tom! good luck with your interview! i got my link for the skype call the day before ! i will private message you with any advice now!
Reply 44
Original post by JohnathanPM
Thank you!

Oh, well maybe I won't be able to procrastinate for too long then haha. Thanks for letting me know!

Good luck for your interview! Smash it.

I’ve just had an email to say tomorrow’s interview has been cancelled and I’ve re-booked for 14th Jan now instead, there was quite a few appointments for the second week in January so maybe you’ll get one of those dates and can at least procrastinate a little over Christmas haha!
I’ve just had an email to say tomorrow’s interview has been cancelled and I’ve re-booked for 14th Jan now instead, there was quite a few appointments for the second week in January so maybe you’ll get one of those dates and can at least procrastinate a little over Christmas haha!

Haha good to know. You've got more time to enjoy Christmas yourself now, hope you enjoy it! 😊 We might not see Christmas for another few years if we make it on to the police haha.

Hahha good luck for when you have your interview. Is anyone else so nervous? I only got told 3 days ago I’d passed and already I’m like THERES NOT ENOUGH TIME
Reply 47
Original post by Hopey123
Hahha good luck for when you have your interview. Is anyone else so nervous? I only got told 3 days ago I’d passed and already I’m like THERES NOT ENOUGH TIME

Aww thank you. I am really nervous but I know I shouldn’t be! We’ve all applied that long ago that so much time has passed where nothing happened and now it’s like aaah haha! I think most people will be equally as nervous!
Reply 48
Hey guys. I know vetting takes different lengths of time per person, but has anyone had their vetting back yet? How long did it take roughly?
Reply 49
Hi, I found out just before Christmas I had passed the interview. I have been following this thread throughout the process, and it has helped alot with nerves. Good luck to everyone.
Reply 50
Original post by Tom531
Hi, I found out just before Christmas I had passed the interview. I have been following this thread throughout the process, and it has helped alot with nerves. Good luck to everyone.

brilliant what a great christmas touch! congrats!
Original post by Tom531

Hey congratulations that’s amazing, was it hard what kind of things do you get asked or what would you recommend studying?
Reply 52
Hey congratulations that’s amazing, was it hard what kind of things do you get asked or what would you recommend studying?

Alot of the questions was name a time where you have....I would recommend reading the competencies values framework, and think of parts of your life you have demonstrated this. I would think of a couple for each. It wasnt as hard as the assessment day, as if they need more information they will ask. They made me feel quiet relaxed when answering questions.
Original post by Tom531
Alot of the questions was name a time where you have....I would recommend reading the competencies values framework, and think of parts of your life you have demonstrated this. I would think of a couple for each. It wasnt as hard as the assessment day, as if they need more information they will ask. They made me feel quiet relaxed when answering questions.

The “tell me about a time questions” are the ones I’m dreading I don’t have a whole lot of experience hoping I can make up for it in knowledge but that’s helps a lot thank you. It’s made me feel a lot better that they made you feel relaxed
The “tell me about a time questions” are the ones I’m dreading I don’t have a whole lot of experience hoping I can make up for it in knowledge but that’s helps a lot thank you. It’s made me feel a lot better that they made you feel relaxed

Hey, I've got my final interview 12th Feb. I'm preparing by watching Richard McMunn on YouTube, as I have through a lot of this process. His channel is CareerVidz. It's really helped a lot for getting preparation together and a lot of his stuff is bang on.

There's also Bluelight Consultancy which is good as well.

Hope this helps!
Hey, I've got my final interview 12th Feb. I'm preparing by watching Richard McMunn on YouTube, as I have through a lot of this process. His channel is CareerVidz. It's really helped a lot for getting preparation together and a lot of his stuff is bang on.

There's also Bluelight Consultancy which is good as well.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much I’ll have a look now, I have my interview on the 19th January. I feel like I have done quite a lot of preparation now but making sure I’m fully prepared this week and if my lack of experience let’s me down that’s something I can’t change so no point worrying about it
Thanks so much I’ll have a look now, I have my interview on the 19th January. I feel like I have done quite a lot of preparation now but making sure I’m fully prepared this week and if my lack of experience let’s me down that’s something I can’t change so no point worrying about it

No worries, I hope everything goes well! Best thing to do is try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

Good luck!
No worries, I hope everything goes well! Best thing to do is try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

Good luck!

Thank you, good luck too!
Reply 58
I’ve just had my interview cancelled for the second time due to current circumstances, I’ve got to rebook again for a future date, hope everyone else’s goes ahead! Good luck guys :smile:
I’ve just had my interview cancelled for the second time due to current circumstances, I’ve got to rebook again for a future date, hope everyone else’s goes ahead! Good luck guys :smile:

Oh really did they not give a reason? I guess it’s more preparation time for you, hopefully you get it soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending