The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc Strategic Marketing for 2021/2022 @Imperial College London

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the course yet?

Take care and all the best😊

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the course yet?

Take care and all the best😊

Hi mate. yes i did and I have been invited for an interview, please do you have any tips, thank you.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Hi mate. yes i did and I have been invited for an interview, please do you have any tips, thank you.

Congrats!

After how long did you receive the reply?

About the interview all I can share is purely based on the research I have done so far from other applicants. It will be around 6 questions of which one or two might be written requirements (It might ask to response to a specific email based on a scenario presented.
As far as I have found, usually the questions are based on general information. Might ask why you want to apply, why this course, your background, but bear in mind that they are most likely to include a marketing related question as well. They might ask about specific big companies and what strategies they use or anything else related to this. It is never the same but you can have an idea at least.(E.g. Samsung and Apple)

Hope it helps!

Best of luck with the interview:smile:
Congrats!

After how long did you receive the reply?

About the interview all I can share is purely based on the research I have done so far from other applicants. It will be around 6 questions of which one or two might be written requirements (It might ask to response to a specific email based on a scenario presented.
As far as I have found, usually the questions are based on general information. Might ask why you want to apply, why this course, your background, but bear in mind that they are most likely to include a marketing related question as well. They might ask about specific big companies and what strategies they use or anything else related to this. It is never the same but you can have an idea at least.(E.g. Samsung and Apple)

Hope it helps!

Best of luck with the interview:smile:

Thanks a bunch. I trust this will help. They responded in 1week. I submitted my application and got my referee to submit ASAP. Hope you’re applying too
Reply 4
Hi,

Any idea on how long is going to take until I receive the decision on my interview?

Thanks in advance 😊
Let me know when you receive your decision! I also had my interview 3 weeks ago :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by anon-gerswiss
Let me know when you receive your decision! I also had my interview 3 weeks ago :smile:

I have been checking other discussions and saw people who received the outcome even 4 months later. It's quite normal to take long time.

My application was completed last Friday, when the second reference was uploaded. (They will start considering your application once it's fully completed. That includes the references for which I had to wait one and half month.)

Good luck to you and please let me know if you received anything back too.

Take care and best of luck!
Hello,
I got a decision last Friday, I had my interview early November.
Hello,

May I ask when u got a confirmation that ur application was complete, and when u had ur interview?
Reply 9
Original post by anon-gerswiss
May I ask when u got a confirmation that ur application was complete, and when u had ur interview?

I applied on 27th October, had the interview on 17th November and had the full application complete on 4th of December when I received the last reference.

I am still waiting for the result. They said 6 to 8 weeks from the time when the application is complete.
I applied on 27th October, had the interview on 17th November and had the full application complete on 4th of December when I received the last reference.

I am still waiting for the result. They said 6 to 8 weeks from the time when the application is complete.

Sorry, I just realised the question was not for me.
Ignore the answer.
I am considering applying to this course, but I am unsure whether I would have a chance with my academic background. In all honesty, do you think they would consider my application as an English undergrad?
I am considering applying to this course, but I am unsure whether I would have a chance with my academic background. In all honesty, do you think they would consider my application as an English undergrad?

It's irrelevant where you come from as long as you have something that distinguishes you from the rest.
If you have some internships/work experience, took part in other projects and you are on track for the 2.1(though I would recommend something higher) then your chances are much higher.
(If you know any additional languages that will help too.)

If you don't try then the answer will always be NO. I would say that everyone's case is different so don't hesitate to try.
It's irrelevant where you come from as long as you have something that distinguishes you from the rest.
If you have some internships/work experience, took part in other projects and you are on track for the 2.1(though I would recommend something higher) then your chances are much higher.
(If you know any additional languages that will help too.)

If you don't try then the answer will always be NO. I would say that everyone's case is different so don't hesitate to try

haha thanks for your words of encouragement! Do you know how the interview process works as well? Is it a face-to-face interview online or a recorded style?
haha thanks for your words of encouragement! Do you know how the interview process works as well? Is it a face-to-face interview online or a recorded style?

Well, it's a recorded style through Kira platform. You will have a few video questions which need to be answered in 1 minute plus a written question.
These questions are interview type mixed with the questions about marketing.
Hello! For anyone who received the final decision already, how long did it take since submitting the application?
Reply 16
Hello! I just got an offer today :smile: I am super happy! I sent my documents on Nov 13th and did the Kira interview on Nov 21.

Best of luck with your application!!!
Original post by ValSal
Hello! I just got an offer today :smile: I am super happy! I sent my documents on Nov 13th and did the Kira interview on Nov 21.

Best of luck with your application!!!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your academic profile? How did you think your interview went?
Hello,

congratulations mate!
Reply 19
Just got an unofficial acceptance. Applied at the end of november, gave my kira interview on 14th dec.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending