The Student Room Group

How to schedule a large meeting at work

Just been handed a task of scheduling a meeting with 12 senior outside stakeholders by my boss's boss.

Not to sound like a total numpty but I am not an administrative assistant so have no clue how to set up such a large meeting!

I was thinking I could email them all with 2 dates + times and ask which one they could or couldn't do. The issue is they really all of them ought to be there and no doubt they believe they so important that they must be there, so if one comes back and says that they can't do either whereas everyone else can I will have to find new date and time.

I reckon I should really be dealing with their PAs but don't have any contacts for them.

Or am I just over thinking it?

Cheers
You are overthinking it, send them the dates and see what they say. Ideally do one email and bcc all the different stakeholders, that way it is easier to keep track of responses.
Reply 2
Original post by DiddyDec
You are overthinking it, send them the dates and see what they say. Ideally do one email and bcc all the different stakeholders, that way it is easier to keep track of responses.

Thank you for your reply. Do you think 2 proposed dates is enough? I feel adding any more would just complicate things.
Original post by ed98
Thank you for your reply. Do you think 2 proposed dates is enough? I feel adding any more would just complicate things.

Just give them two.
Wow your job seems cool
Reply 5
Just give them two.

Thanks 😀
Original post by ed98
Thanks 😀

I knew all those years of being an admin assistant would pay off :woo:
Reply 7
I knew all those years of being an admin assistant would pay off :woo:

Haha yup all worth it for my one rep!
Hello

Do not overthink this. Merely email them the meeting information via a Outlook email and see what happens as a result of that email. Be very honest. Include the correct time, location, date and a brief list type outline of important meeting topics to discuss as well in that email. Ask for their acceptance or denial, Outlook has a way to do this (you need to select the right feature). Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending