The Student Room Group

RSM Graduate 2020 audit assistant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ROC10
Hey, did you hear back? She took around a week to get back to me. She advised there would be social events in the summer but obviously these may no longer go ahead.

Hey! yeah I did, they just said they'd chase it up for me and I should hear back soon!
What office are you joining? btw x
Reply 41
Original post by TSR_DzTz
Hey! yeah I did, they just said they'd chase it up for me and I should hear back soon!
What office are you joining? btw x

Ah good to hear! Although with everything that's happening, I'm not holding out hope for a contract anytime soon tbh.

I'll be joining the Edinburgh office, yourself?
Reply 42
Original post by Vinceyboi
If I recall correctly, it was a strength-based interview.

I recommend just looking up common video interview questions online and writing a short answer (~100 words) for every single one. I created a word document with a contents page and sorted my answers into categories so I could easily read them while doing the video interview. With enough prep, video interviews can be easily passed (of course, try not to sound like you're reading off a script).

When writing and saying your answers, always follow the S.T.A.R. technique. The person who will watch your video interview will be looking for it.

hi , im applying for a placement in Internal audit too! Do you remeber any specific questions they asked you ?
Original post by ROC10
Ah good to hear! Although with everything that's happening, I'm not holding out hope for a contract anytime soon tbh.

I'll be joining the Edinburgh office, yourself?

haha yeah neither am I! I'll be joining Manchester
Reply 44
haha yeah neither am I! I'll be joining Manchester

Cool, which service line?
Original post by ROC10
Cool, which service line?

I'm joining audit, you? :smile:
Reply 46
I'm joining audit, you? :smile:

Indirect Taxes

I believe we are all supposed to go to London at some point for training in August/September so I may see you then (if it goes ahead, that is)!
Original post by ROC10
Indirect Taxes

I believe we are all supposed to go to London at some point for training in August/September so I may see you then (if it goes ahead, that is)!

Yeah I heard that too! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for everyone who i've seen on the forums haha :smile:
For those who have had a virtual AC, what is the structure? I've never gotten this far before so am quite worried and don't want to mess up! I don't know how to prepare so any general tips would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by protopic03
For those who have had a virtual AC, what is the structure? I've never gotten this far before so am quite worried and don't want to mess up! I don't know how to prepare so any general tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, have you had your AC yet? Just been shortlisted for one myself.
Original post by TheGentry
Hey, have you had your AC yet? Just been shortlisted for one myself.

still no, got told id been shortlisted in october
Original post by protopic03
still no, got told id been shortlisted in october

And not heard anything since October?! Wow.

It's a bit weird that everyone seems to have been shortlisted for one, rather than just offered one straight up. Wonder why.
Reply 52
Hi! I have to do a similar task, quite struggling on what company to pick :frown: could you help by any chance? It’d be much appreciated Thanks
Reply 53
Thanks! did you get an offer/how long did they take to get back to you?
for my pre-work I had to write about a company thats been in the new recently
Thanks!:smile:

Hi! I have to do a similar task, quite struggling on what company to pick :frown: could you help by any chance? It’d be much appreciated Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending