The Student Room Group

2020/21 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Hello! I just thought I would start a new thread for people applying to the Met police Detective Constable pathway this year (2020) to start in late 2020/early 2021.

I know there are several rounds of recruitment a year - has anyone begun an application to the Detective Constable pathway with the Met police? Does anybody have any experience with the Detective pathway?

I've just completed Day One and have no idea of the time line so thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread to chat to other potential applicants!

Scroll to see replies

I have the assessment day to complete; VI, written task and a brief!
Original post by Maddie088

Hi there, Maddie!

When did you apply and register with the College of Policing before you got the assessment day dates?

Thank you!
I compelled all the assessments yesterday, though I never had the opportunity to attend any workshops. It appears that getting a start date with the Met could a lot way in the future. Over a year from application to start.
Original post by PizzaIsMyLife
Hi there, Maddie!

When did you apply and register with the College of Policing before you got the assessment day dates?

Thank you!

I applied late November, and week after got the dates
Reply 5
Original post by augustusiii
I compelled all the assessments yesterday, though I never had the opportunity to attend any workshops. It appears that getting a start date with the Met could a lot way in the future. Over a year from application to start.

I was wondering this too - the other thread looks like people started their applications over a year ago and are still yet to hear a start date.

But I also think there must have been serious delays on their recruitment process this year, so there is a big backlog of applicants to give start dates to. So my thoughts were that they're now starting to get through that backlog, so they have been able to accept new applicants again, so hopefully we won't have to wait quite so long - fingers crossed anyway!
Reply 6
Original post by Maddie088

Have you completed these now? I found the briefing task so nerve wracking!
Original post by mjb176
Have you completed these now? I found the briefing task so nerve wracking!

I haven't yet! Any tips??
Reply 8
For the video interview: having examples for each of the parts of the CVF they are assessing is probably the best way to prepare

For the written and briefing: these are really difficult to prepare for so I would say read the CVF they are assessing well. For the written exercise they say most people only need 45 minutes but don't let that stress you out as you have 2 hours. For the briefing I would say try not to worry about if you don't think you did well on a previous answer, keep a clear mind and focus on the next question
Reply 9
Does anyone know what the next steps after doing the online assessments are and how long it will take to know if you have passed them?
Reply 10
Original post by NyxiePyx
Does anyone know what the next steps after doing the online assessments are and how long it will take to know if you have passed them?

What stage are you at?

same did assessment last week
Original post by mjb176
What stage are at?

I’ve completed the first online assessments where you complete a written assessment and The video interviews but I’m still waiting to hear whether I was successful or not
I’ve completed the first online assessments where you complete a written assessment and The video interviews but I’m still waiting to hear whether I was successful or not

me too, I did these around a week or 2 ago now
Reply 14
Hi All,I did my online assessment a week ago, desperately waiting for the results. I've read on other threads it takes upto 5 weeks and on an older thread where someone got their results after 8 weeks!!The online chat is not helpful, one advisor said within 14 working days and another said there is no set timeframe. Checking my emails constantly lol
Original post by skaka
Hi All,I did my online assessment a week ago, desperately waiting for the results. I've read on other threads it takes upto 5 weeks and on an older thread where someone got their results after 8 weeks!!The online chat is not helpful, one advisor said within 14 working days and another said there is no set timeframe. Checking my emails constantly lol

sameee I am waiting and checking me emails
Hi guys! Just about to take the briefing exercise and I am so nervous! Any tips?
Reply 17
Original post by JadeLinsell1
Hi guys! Just about to take the briefing exercise and I am so nervous! Any tips?

Don't be nervous and look at the camera when answering.

Can't really prepare for the briefing exercise but they do give you the info before you start for the first part.

Good luck!
Hi guys!
I completed my assessments on the 1st and just heard back that I passed today!

Has anyone else heard back and know the timeline for the next round of tests?
Reply 19
Original post by Jjonesy93
Hi guys!
I completed my assessments on the 1st and just heard back that I passed today!

Has anyone else heard back and know the timeline for the next round of tests?

Hey, well done, congrats!!

I am following another forum where people applied beginning of Nov and did the online assessment early Dec.

One person on that thread passes today too! So hopefully the rest of us should hear back today or next week, fingers crossed.

The Met website says next stage is DC assessment but the online chat advisor told me it was medical and fitness..so not really sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending