The Student Room Group

My boyfriend has a lot of friends that are females

So my boyfriend has a lot of females that are friends I wouldn’t have a problem with a few or more but I’m talking his Snapchat is full of them. He says he doesn’t talk to half of them but it makes me worried

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can relate to this well. The best thing to do here is to talk to him about it. Let him know you feel uncomfortable about it and if he respects you and has no ties with these other females he'd make boundaries and respect you enough to consider your feelings. If he doesn't that shows how much he respects you and your relationship with him. Btw by boundaries, I mean keeping these females at a distance and talking to them at a minimum, especially if they're his exes. Most people would say to trust him and let it go, but in order to trust someone, they have to prove their trust to you in some kind of way.
Some people just...mainly have friends of the opposite gender?
Talk to him about how you're feeling and hopefully he can reassure you and take your feelings on board :smile: That said, he's under no obligation to ditch his friends because of you, so I'd be wary of making him 'choose'!
Original post by Anonymous
So my boyfriend has a lot of females that are friends I wouldn’t have a problem with a few or more but I’m talking his Snapchat is full of them. He says he doesn’t talk to half of them but it makes me worried

Talk to him about it but I’m gonna be honest with you, when they say “they’re nothing to worry about” etc, there’s gonna be something to worry about. So talk to him about it and tell him how you feel & get that reassurance you’re trying to get and you’ll be fine :smile:
Reply 4
You're worrying about them, but has your boyfriend ever given you reason to worry or is the issue with you and a lack of trust in him?
Just leave the guy in peace, otherwise it's a sure road to him becoming your ex-boyfriend, which will be achieving exactly what you set out to avoid. If he's committed to you, then he's committed to you. The fact of him having a bunch of girls on snapchat isn't going to change that.
Original post by kasuke
I can relate to this well. The best thing to do here is to talk to him about it. Let him know you feel uncomfortable about it and if he respects you and has no ties with these other females he'd make boundaries and respect you enough to consider your feelings. If he doesn't that shows how much he respects you and your relationship with him. Btw by boundaries, I mean keeping these females at a distance and talking to them at a minimum, especially if they're his exes. Most people would say to trust him and let it go, but in order to trust someone, they have to prove their trust to you in some kind of way.

Ranuto?
he's just keeping his options open. most relationships dont last forever
Original post by blackugo
Ranuto?

Blackugo!
Original post by BubbleBop
he's just keeping his options open. most relationships dont last forever

brutal
Reply 10
Original post by blackugo
Ranuto?

what is ranuto?
Reply 11
expect by someone with your name
Original post by kasuke
what is ranuto?

kasuke's best friend.
Reply 13
nah not really. didn;t care to think abt it

U should have more confidence in yourself don’t compare yourself to others I have that issue i am self conscious of myself but I 100% trust my boyfriend
Original post by Surnia
You're worrying about them, but has your boyfriend ever given you reason to worry or is the issue with you and a lack of trust in him?

He puts 50% towards me and the rest towards them he says he likes to keep me in the background and to make sure nobody knows about me until they ask who I am.
He would be a wuss to allow a girl to control his interactions with other girls. Ofc it's up to the girl to decide the degree to which she will handle this reality.

Personally I'd view this as invasive and controlling and dispense immediately with a guy who tried that move on me. He doesn't own me or who I talk to, not b4 we met, not now, and not afterwards.

Also if he has female friends u can be fairly sure he's not an incel... and if u r not jelly u could get to know some cool new girlfriends too.
Original post by candydiva
He would be a wuss to allow a girl to control his interactions with other girls. Ofc it's up to the girl to decide the degree to which she will handle this reality.

Personally I'd view this as invasive and controlling and dispense immediately with a guy who tried that move on me. He doesn't own me or who I talk to, not b4 we met, not now, and not afterwards.

Also if he has female friends u can be fairly sure he's not an incel... and if u r not jelly u could get to know some cool new girlfriends too.

I don’t have a problem with it at all just this girl tried to break us up and to have sex with him so it’s not control it’s honesty and I don’t feel comfortable with him talking to her

The last senatence has me confused?? If he doesnt talk to them then why does he have them as friends ???
I don’t have a problem with it at all just this girl tried to break us up and to have sex with him so it’s not control it’s honesty and I don’t feel comfortable with him talking to her

So it's not about all the girls he chats to then... just one specific one... and girl I wanna point out, u do have a prob with it.... otherwise u would not post here or describe ur feeling as "not comfortable" as u did above.

OK u should be flattered other girls want him... so if he didn't bang her, wat is the prob? If u think he might at some point, surely then that could happen with literally any woman he meets... in class, at work, at the petrol station wherever. I know u feel uneasy but there's no win here. It's not about him (unless he actually did it, but u didn't say that), it's about u and ur xpectations.

Imagine an incel bf with no female friends at all... perfect?! I doubt it. I guarantee u, this would be much worse than ur current sit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending