The Student Room Group

Become a Forum Helper for Life and Style!

We're looking for Forum Helpers in our section and you could be one of them!

The old community assistant role has been refreshed and is now called ‘Forum Helper’. This new role means we can accept slightly newer users with fewer posts (quality is what we’re looking for!)

I'm the Life and Style volunteer section leader (VSL) for Life and Style covers forums like relationships, mental health, and food and drink along with (many) more. We're looking to find people for the following forums:

But feel free to apply for any other of our sub-forums!

What we need from you

Must have been on TSR for at least 3 months

Must have an established posting history in the relevant forum

Aged 16+

Be willing to work in a super diverse team

Able to commit a few hours a week to the role

Have an interest in chatting to people, creating engaging content, and helping other members

Have an interest/passion in the subject of the relevant forum

What's in it for you?

You’re spending time on TSR anyway, get the most out of it!

Shiny new Forum Helper title

Ability to move threads and keep your forum tidy

Being a part of a friendly and diverse team with lots of skills and experience

It’s great for your CV and interviews!

Developing new skills in your role for the UK's number 1 education website read by 11 million people each month

Opportunity to receive training from various organisations such as university applications and clearing advice from UCAS, offering peer support from Samaritans, and editorial feedback on articles and content from our editor

Opportunity for progression to the Volunteer Team (VT) (16+, dependant on DBS check), which means training opportunities, virtual and possible meet ups on results day.

Are you interested? If so, make an application thread (and tag us in) here telling us where and why you want to volunteer, your age, why you'd be an awesome choice, any ideas you have, and anything else you feel would be relevant and we'll check it out :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Shiny new Forum Helper title
Any updates on this? If not, here’s a bump to get it on ‘Latest’. It is a pretty busy time right now, especially for this forum section. 😇
Original post by ClubNeon
Any updates on this? If not, here’s a bump to get it on ‘Latest’. It is a pretty busy time right now, especially for this forum section. 😇

On what? have you applied? If so please tag me in your application thread. If not and you want to join please apply in the section by creating a thread and saying why you'd like to apply (see the first post in this thread by me for more detail). I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
On what? have you applied? If so please tag me in your application thread. If not and you want to join please apply in the section by creating a thread and saying why you'd like to apply (see the first post in this thread by me for more detail). I hope this helps :smile:

No as in like have we found anyone yet. Thanks for asking though
Reply 5
As far as I know you need a life to be a forum helper on the Life and Style section, with that said count me out.
Reply 6
There are way too many requirements for this role, they expect to find someone with a life AND style on TSR. No wonder they haven't found anyone in 3 months.
No as in like have we found anyone yet. Thanks for asking though

Oh I see. Yes, applications are in a private forum that's why you don't see them on this thread. This thread is more of an advertisement for people to get the link (inthe original post) and apply. We don't have a set number of people who can apply, since it's a volunteering role - the more the better :smile:
Im so confused LOL.. How do I apply?
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
Im so confused LOL.. How do I apply?

Original post by BurstingBubbles

Are you interested? If so, make an application thread (and tag us in) here telling us where and why you want to volunteer, your age, why you'd be an awesome choice, any ideas you have, and anything else you feel would be relevant and we'll check it out :smile:

Please see the information from the first post in the thread above. Post in this forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=361

Original post by The Mogg
There are way too many requirements for this role, they expect to find someone with a life AND style on TSR. No wonder they haven't found anyone in 3 months.

:rofl:

Trust me it's hard to have style (or both with style) whilst volunteering with multiple places and holding down a full time job. But it's worth it :biggrin:
These are not just Forum Helpers. They are L&S Forum Helpers. :coma:
Original post by AngryJellyfish

PRSOM :lol:
Reply 13
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Probably should be paid roles to be honest!
Original post by mgi
Probably should be paid roles to be honest!

Did someone mention pay???
Reply 15
Original post by harrysbar
Did someone mention pay???

:u: i dared to suggest such an idea!
I can't apply. Don't meet 3 month requirement :rolleyes:
I have over 600 posts in the relationship section. You guys think I have a chance? :lol:
Interested
@BurstingBubbles
:hi:
Is this opportunity still open?

Latest

Trending

Trending