The Student Room Group

i nearly died today (:

our dog pulled me on to the road, and we almost got hit by a car. i'm still shaking. contrary to some of my previous it turns out that death actually scares me. anyway, does anyone know any good non pull dog harnesses?

Scroll to see replies

What harness has your dog got? Is it a collar one or around the body? Also what in the handle/holding part like?
Original post by Ciel.
our dog pulled me on to the road, and we almost got hit by a car. i'm still shaking. contrary to some of my previous it turns out that death actually scares me. anyway, does anyone know any good non pull dog harnesses?

Do you believe in God and heaven/hell?
Reply 3
Original post by BluMoon06
What harness has your dog got? Is it a collar one or around the body? Also what in the handle/holding part like?

it's just a regular harness

thanks hun. lol, yeah, it's not my time yet, i guess
Reply 4
Original post by hanna10029492923
Do you believe in God and heaven/hell?

no
I have dogs that were born to pull and a Dogmatic head collar is a marvellous tool to use with them. A harness just encourages them to pull.
Original post by Ciel.

it's just a regular harness

thanks hun. lol, yeah, it's not my time yet, i guess

Do you know why your dog ran into the road? Also stick to the inside of the path and stick your hand through the loop then grab onto main lead bit. This is all I know. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Ciel.
no

So why are you scared?
So why are you scared?

Because he could die
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.

your dog is a puppy.

if you are getting dragged around by a little puppy then your bf was right. you do need to put some weight on..., quite a lot tbh....
Reply 10
Original post by ReadingMum
I have dogs that were born to pull and a Dogmatic head collar is a marvellous tool to use with them. A harness just encourages them to pull.

thanks will have a look
Do you know why your dog ran into the road? Also stick to the inside of the path and stick your hand through the loop then grab onto main lead bit. This is all I know. Hope this helps :smile:

he saw another dog across the road.
Because he could die

Everyone dies though.
Original post by Ciel.
thanks will have a look

he saw another dog across the road.

Oh ok. You can’t really help with that but all the other advice is good :smile:
Reply 13
Hope both you and your puppy are alright :hugs:
Exactly my point
Original post by ANM775
your dog is a puppy.

if you are getting dragged around by a little puppy then your bf was right. you do need to put some weight on..., quite a lot tbh....

They were probably taken by surprise. I doubt you’re prepared to be lurched into the road when you’re taking a casual walk with your dog
Reply 16
So why are you scared?

because i didn't want everything to end, in that moment. i wasn't afraid of hell or anything like that.
Original post by ANM775
your dog is a puppy.

he's huge tho. and really strong. i wasn't paying enough attention, so he caught me off guard. my weight is fine, lol
Yeah ok I know, I am just joking.
Original post by Ciel.
because i didn't want everything to end, in that moment. i wasn't afraid of hell or anything like that.

he's huge tho. and really strong. i wasn't paying enough attention, so he caught me off guard. my weight is fine, lol

Thought so. I had a puppy like that. Grew to be taller than grown man when standing 😯
Reply 19
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Hope both you and your puppy are alright :hugs:

we are both fine, thanks <3

Quick Reply

Latest