The Student Room Group

Coleraine PGCE 2021/22

Hi everyone! Wondering if anyone has had any contact with the university for the Primary PGCE application? I’ve submitted my storytelling interview but so far heard nothing about a yes/no for the next stage

Scroll to see replies

Hi,I am the same. I have not received feedback yet, and I think it could be the New Year until hearing now.
Reply 2
Original post by Maria202093
Hi,I am the same. I have not received feedback yet, and I think it could be the New Year until hearing now.

I think at this stage you might be right there. I was hoping it might be before Christmas for the interviews being in January but not seeming likely.
I’m in the same boat was hoping to hear before Xmas
Reply 4
Original post by jkroberta
I’m in the same boat was hoping to hear before Xmas

Yeah it’s a shame, but at least we’re in the same position I guess :smile: makes me feel a tad better anyway
Absolutely! 😁 fingers crossed 🤞
Reply 6
Haven’t heard anything back yet either. Maybe with covid they’re figuring out how to conduct the interview and exam. This time last year when I’d applied, I had word that the interview and exam was taking place in January so probably a bit delayed this year
Reply 7
Original post by Shan93_
Haven’t heard anything back yet either. Maybe with covid they’re figuring out how to conduct the interview and exam. This time last year when I’d applied, I had word that the interview and exam was taking place in January so probably a bit delayed this year

Sounds about right yeah. I’d be surprised if the interview wasn’t held over zoom with the way things are going. Hadn’t heard there was an exam aspect to the interview though, what was that like last year?
Reply 8
Yeah there’s an hour exam/test, mixture of maths and English. We all worked on the exam and were called out to do our interview and then back in to finish the exam when our interview was over. So maybe trying to figure out how to include the exam somehow before contacting people
Reply 9
Original post by Shan93_
Yeah there’s an hour exam/test, mixture of maths and English. We all worked on the exam and were called out to do our interview and then back in to finish the exam when our interview was over. So maybe trying to figure out how to include the exam somehow before contacting people

Ahh okay, and was this in addition to the professional skills tests? Well fingers crossed we get some word next week perhaps
Reply 10
There was no professional skills test last year. It was storytelling, followed by the 1 hour test which was basically like a past 11+ paper and interview. That was all
I haven’t heard anything after story-telling either! Hopefully hear something soon since they said interviews would be happening in January 😊
Hello everyone,
Has anyone heard anything back yet?☺️
Hi, no personally I have not received feedback yet since submitting my storytelling video.
Reply 14
Yeah I’ve still not heard anything back, hopefully won’t be much longer
Nothing here either!
I am constantly checking my emails!🙈
Reply 17
I’ve sent an email in just to see if there are any updates. With schools on rota at the minute it would be super handy for interviews in January but it’s not looking likely :frown: I’ll let you all know if I hear anything back though!
Reply 18
Okay, so the email I got back basically just said the videos are still being marked and things are very likely to be delayed. She didn’t mention any sort of timeline - just to keep checking emails.
Original post by Ann2202
Okay, so the email I got back basically just said the videos are still being marked and things are very likely to be delayed. She didn’t mention any sort of timeline - just to keep checking emails.

Aw thanks for letting us know! Who did you email if you don’t mind me asking? I had sent an email just before Christmas and still haven’t had anything back.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending