The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Management 2020/21 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Applying to Management but my PS is for E and M at Oxford, was hoping my grades might boost my chances, any thoughts?:
GCSE's: 9999999888
A level predictions: A*A*A* (Maths, History, Econ) with A* in EPQ already achieved
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
I'm planning to apply to LSE Management only over UCAS (as my enrolment at HSG is practically assured). Also, with the fees increasing for EU students, I feel like the course is the only one that fits my criteria of being suitable, interesting, good for IB placement, and not too expensive (UCL is 31k which is above my budget).

As this is the case, I can tailor my personal statement very specifically to the course which should increase my chances of acceptance. I know there is a general notion against this, but can I mention LSE and the course in my PS to show determination or is this looked down upon?
Original post by Kuroom
I'm planning to apply to LSE Management only over UCAS (as my enrolment at HSG is practically assured). Also, with the fees increasing for EU students, I feel like the course is the only one that fits my criteria of being suitable, interesting, good for IB placement, and not too expensive (UCL is 31k which is above my budget).

As this is the case, I can tailor my personal statement very specifically to the course which should increase my chances of acceptance. I know there is a general notion against this, but can I mention LSE and the course in my PS to show determination or is this looked down upon?

You can make it very tailored to LSE, but don’t mention their name and don’t make it super obvious my mentioning the name of any unique modules etc... write it as normal, but make the content only LSE content
Reply 43
Is it easier to get an offer on a deferred entry?
Reply 44
Also, LSE breaks down the 'ideal' personal statement into 80% academic interests and 20% extra-curriculars. What exactly is meant by academic interests? Obviously books, podcasts, articles, lectures, subjects about the topics of the degree and reflection/opinion on those (perhaps how it sparked interest in another topic). Are degree-related experiences, however, also considered academic interests? Let's say, "I managed the family business, because... I have learnt... this has made me more aware about... " Would that be an example of an academic interest too?
Reply 45
What are some management books/resources you guys recommend and perhaps include in the personal statement?
Reply 46
Original post by Anonymous
You can make it very tailored to LSE, but don’t mention their name and don’t make it super obvious my mentioning the name of any unique modules etc... write it as normal, but make the content only LSE content

Makes sense... I also found a resource on LSE that states it's not regarded as something good. Thanks for the advice.
Has anyone heard back yet?
Original post by ashkash22

no!! :frown:
Original post by ashkash22

Nahh
hwy guys, thank you so much for starting this thread! 1. Date applied: 16th december, 2. Have you received a decision, if so, send the date- no response from LSE yet. 3. What other unis are you applying for? Any offers? : KCL, LSE, Warwick, Loughborough, Southampton (recieved an offer).4. Predicted grade- AAA* - maths, economics, business i am really concerned that having econ and business for my A levels as they are both essay writing subjects may put me at a disadvantage, as it is also mentioned something similar on their website, and my personal statement is quite strong, but i haven't spoken much about academics, more about my personal experience etc...and lastly, im just worried generally whether there are other candidates with all A* s for example, if they get higher preferance :smile: please do reply telling me what you think!
hey guys, thank you so much for starting this thread!

1. Date applied: 16th December,
2. Have you received a decision, if so, send the date- no response from LSE yet. :frown:
3. What other unis are you applying for? Any offers? : KCL, LSE, Warwick, Lough borough, Southampton (received an offer).
4. Predicted grade- AAA* - maths, economics, business

i am really concerned that having econ and business for my A levels as they are both essay writing subjects may put me at a disadvantage, as it is also mentioned something similar on their website, and my personal statement is quite strong, but i haven't spoken much about academics, more about my personal experience etc...and lastly, i'm just worried generally whether there are other candidates with all A* s for example, if they get higher preference :smile:
please do reply telling me what you think!
Reply 52
I applied to LSE Management back in October as I was applying to Oxford as well. My grades are very strong (seven9's three8's at GCSE, predicted 3 A*s (Econ, history, maths, A* already achieved at epq) although my statement is tailored for e and m so about 50% of it is economics based. Is this likely to affect my chances much?
Original post by orange653
hwy guys, thank you so much for starting this thread! 1. Date applied: 16th december, 2. Have you received a decision, if so, send the date- no response from LSE yet. 3. What other unis are you applying for? Any offers? : KCL, LSE, Warwick, Loughborough, Southampton (recieved an offer).4. Predicted grade- AAA* - maths, economics, business i am really concerned that having econ and business for my A levels as they are both essay writing subjects may put me at a disadvantage, as it is also mentioned something similar on their website, and my personal statement is quite strong, but i haven't spoken much about academics, more about my personal experience etc...and lastly, im just worried generally whether there are other candidates with all A* s for example, if they get higher preferance :smile: please do reply telling me what you think!

Having econ and business is generally a bad idea, not necessarily because they’re both essay subjects. I recommend you email or call LSE to see if you are all good or not.
Original post by Bow566
I applied to LSE Management back in October as I was applying to Oxford as well. My grades are very strong (seven9's three8's at GCSE, predicted 3 A*s (Econ, history, maths, A* already achieved at epq) although my statement is tailored for e and m so about 50% of it is economics based. Is this likely to affect my chances much?

Ik someone who done the same thing and has just graduated recently from LSE.
Reply 55

Well that's slightly reassuring.
Thanks.

oh omg can you please get me in contact with them? or can you please elaborate on that? like so what exactly was it that got them into LSE?
thank you so much for responding, this is rather comforting :smile:
Having econ and business is generally a bad idea, not necessarily because they’re both essay subjects. I recommend you email or call LSE to see if you are all good or not.

oh but what if i have already applied?
anything further i can do to enhance my chance at LSE?
oh but what if i have already applied?
anything further i can do to enhance my chance at LSE?

If you’ve already applied... then no.
Reply 59
What GCSE and predicted grades are people applying with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending