The Student Room Group

Revising over Christmas?

Poll

Are you revising over Christmas?

Do you revise over the Christmas break?

Has COVID changed your holiday revision plans at all?

Do you have any recommendations for people planning to revise over the break? Or will you be taking the holiday period as a time to rest and recuperate?

If you're revising, don't forget we've got A-level and BTEC study groups, and group chats with your year level:
Year 9
Year 10
Year 11
Year 12
Year 13

If you're soooooo done with studying over the break, you can also check out our Christmas Grotto for a bit of festive fun. Or if you're finding this time of year a bit tough, you're not alone. We've put together some support here.

Scroll to see replies

I will definitely be revising over the Christmas break, but this is mainly because I have 4 topic tests when I return to school. It's important to give myself a break as well, which is why I will be taking the 24th and 25th off.
I’ll be revising over Christmas cos I have an exam in January. Also I have hw
I have a 4000 word assignment due 4th January. :bricks:
Original post by 04MR17

Oh no :redface: good luck :smile:
Original post by BluMoon06
Oh no :redface: good luck :smile:

:lol: Thanks.
I've done around 1200 words and hoping to get to 2000 today, so it's not too hard going at the moment. :colondollar:
Original post by 04MR17
:lol: Thanks.
I've done around 1200 words and hoping to get to 2000 today, so it's not too hard going at the moment. :colondollar:

Gosh you’ve done a lot :clap2:
definitely, will be taking 24th-26th and my birthday off from revision though.
I don't have a choice! :lol:

Year 13 mocks in the first and second weeks back in January and Grade 6 piano exams. What's worse is that if corona messes up next summer, these grades will be used in place of it.

So you know, fun stuff! :h:
Original post by RazzzBerries

Year 13 mocks in the first and second weeks back in January and Grade 6 piano exams. What's worse is that if corona messes up next summer, these grades will be used in place of it.

Haha I feel ya. I’m in yr 10 and have my first exam in January :frown:
I’ve now learned that my area could go into tier 4 lockdown and I might have to do the exam online :bawling:
Original post by BluMoon06
Haha I feel ya. I’m in yr 10 and have my first exam in January :frown:
I’ve now learned that my area could go into tier 4 lockdown and I might have to do the exam online :bawling:

Oh nooo! Good luck, whatever happens! :hugs:
Oh nooo! Good luck, whatever happens! :hugs:

You too!! :console:
definitely, got my 2nd set of mocks coming up in february so i need to work really hard for them since my 1st ones werent that good
im totally revising for mocks and im doing quite great
Business as usual, which means revising or not revising, whichever comes first

Grade 6 piano, how wonderful, good luck.
Reply 16
Original post by barnetlad
Grade 6 piano, how wonderful, good luck.

I am doing grade 8 and I am seriously behind schedule!
I was robbed of distinctions in grades 6 and 7 (The former was held on the day my city's train network had its worst ever delay which shut down four lines. It took me almost two hours for a 30 minute commute and my hands were very shaky when I made it to the centre, missed out by 3 marks, and the latter due to corona, causing my exam to be cancelled)
(edited 3 years ago)
i really need to revise for mocks, but I have no motivation. i also need to catch up on further maths!
Definitely going to be revising. I have 2 1000 word essays to do and maths, french, Spanish, geography, chemistry and biology test to revise for!
Original post by 04MR17

The real question is...how prepared are you? Will you pin it down?

Quick Reply

Latest