Original post by Fluffysweetfries
We haven't, hi :smile: and thats cool !
I'm doing crime and tragedy (AQA)
Crime - Atonement and The murder of Roger Ackroyd
Tragedy - Othello and Death of a salesman
And then there's the crime and tragedy poems lol
Also it's cool ur applying to law

hi hope you are well.
idk why that sounded so formal, i feel like a teacher or smt.
so anyway- i’m studying streetcar named desire, handmaids tale, feminine gospels, great gatsby and othello.
how are you finding othello? i like it, i think it’s my favourite among gatsby.
thank you i think it’s cool you’re applying for psychology.

i do apologise for my grammatical errors i’m running on 4hrs of sleep
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by LiSkinDicaprio
hi hope you are well.
so anyway- i’m studying streetcar named desire, handmaids tale, feminine gospels, great gatsby and othello.

Just inserting myself in this lol I take English lit too and I’m doing feminine gospels and othello , how do you find it?
Original post by Tashax2
Just inserting myself in this lol I take English lit too and I’m doing feminine gospels and othello , how do you find it?

its all good.

see Othello, i get off my head for me Shakespeare has always been my strong suit but Fem Gosp, there are some poems I get. others i really don’t like laughter of stafford girls high, white writing, the cord, gambler etc.

wbu?
i apologise for my **** grammar. i am honestly so tired
hi hope you are well.

Haha ur grammar is fine, I hope you're getting some rest !
And ur studying TGG? no wayyy, thats my favourite book but they didn't choose to study it ): whos ur favourite character :h:
I like Shakespeare and loved Othello when we went as a class to watch it and tbh thats my fav out the bunch im reading, just a bit hard to remember certain quotes but ill get there, how do u find it?
Also thanks, I just wanna get into a career that'll hopefully help others
What attracted u to law? sorry for the many questions
Haha ur grammar is fine, I hope you're getting some rest !
And ur studying TGG? no wayyy, thats my favourite book but they didn't choose to study it ): whos ur favourite character :h:
I like Shakespeare and loved Othello when we went as a class to watch it and tbh thats my fav out the bunch im reading, just a bit hard to remember certain quotes but ill get there, how do u find it?
Also thanks, I just wanna get into a career that'll hopefully help others
What attracted u to law? sorry for the many questions

Ahh I am trying to get rest but alas it doesn’t happen.
Hmmm in TGG it was Gatsby I can’t lie because I see a lot of me in him (not to be depressing) however I hated him. He was blinded by loved and always did things for Daisy who never truly loved him, which made me so mad. wbu?
I can’t lie, Shakespeare is easy as I like it and find it good. Who was your favourite character in Othello? Mine was Cassio. I can remember the quotes, it’s just applying to the themes to be fair.
I agree I like Law because it’s about helping the little guy and like I want to make a difference in the world (as corny as that sounds). I find it cool and want to Abroad after my degree and experience. Wbu?
The questions are fine x
Ahh I am trying to get rest but alas it doesn’t happen.
Hmmm in TGG it was Gatsby I can’t lie because I see a lot of me in him (not to be depressing) however I hated him. He was blinded by loved and always did things for Daisy who never truly loved him, which made me so mad. wbu?
I can’t lie, Shakespeare is easy as I like it and find it good. Who was your favourite character in Othello? Mine was Cassio. I can remember the quotes, it’s just applying to the themes to be fair.
I agree I like Law because it’s about helping the little guy and like I want to make a difference in the world (as corny as that sounds). I find it cool and want to Abroad after my degree and experience. Wbu?
The questions are fine x

Awh hopefully today will be better for you. Maybe drink tea or listen to ASMR? they would help me :smile:
WHAT omg i feel the exact same thing about Gatsby and he's my favourite toooo hahah, however instead of me hating him, i pity for him because he is blinded by Daisy but it's bc he's passionate about everything and ambitious, which makes me hate Daisy tbh, it's nice to see ur opinion as it's different :')

Cassio is a really good one, very loyal and whatnot, my fav is Desdemona bc of how lovely she is but also Iago because he perfectly fits the antagonist role, and as i study psychology i can just link certain stuff to him lol

I think may be a bit corny too because what you've said about law is how i feel about psychology :smile: I wanna probably be a forensic psychologist one day and work in rehabilitation with offenders, i can sense you being a great human rights lawyer tbh
Also im glad, i tend to explain things in details sometimes haha
Awh hopefully today will be better for you. Maybe drink tea or listen to ASMR? they would help me :smile:
WHAT omg i feel the exact same thing about Gatsby and he's my favourite toooo hahah, however instead of me hating him, i pity for him because he is blinded by Daisy but it's bc he's passionate about everything and ambitious, which makes me hate Daisy tbh, it's nice to see ur opinion as it's different :')

Cassio is a really good one, very loyal and whatnot, my fav is Desdemona bc of how lovely she is but also Iago because he perfectly fits the antagonist role, and as i study psychology i can just link certain stuff to him lol

I think may be a bit corny too because what you've said about law is how i feel about psychology :smile: I wanna probably be a forensic psychologist one day and work in rehabilitation with offenders, i can sense you being a great human rights lawyer tbh
Also im glad, i tend to explain things in details sometimes haha

Sadly today was very poor as I got little to no work done.
I’m hoping to do my NEA tomorrow.

I agree Gatsby was blinded by love and that is what consumed him fully and led him to lose himself.
I think abt ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’ In Gatsbys case it was “what doesn’t make you stronger kills you” referring to his love for Daisy.
However I could argue that Daisy was restricted due to the society that they lived in and even if she had gotten out of a marriage of Tom, she would’ve gone with Gatsby and tarnished his reputation because who would want a woman who has been divorced. Being divorced contextually has very negative implications towards women. that’s what I mean.
I still like Gatsby there’s times where I just want to hug him but where i just wanna punch him in his smug face.

Iago is the character that you love the hate. He is so manipulative and conniving it’s amazing. He is the puppet master and everybody else are his puppets. The way the plot of the play and every single thing he does that suit his own needs is amazing to me. I don’t know I found Desdemona annoying maybe that’s just me.

Thank you I appreciate that, like human rights and criminal law or something that I am really fascinated by. You seem very nice and sweet.

I felt like I just waffled. Let me know if there was too much waffle or it was okay so I can work on it for next time.
Sadly today was very poor as I got little to no work done.
I’m hoping to do my NEA tomorrow.

I agree Gatsby was blinded by love and that is what consumed him fully and led him to lose himself.
I think abt ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’ In Gatsbys case it was “what doesn’t make you stronger kills you” referring to his love for Daisy.
However I could argue that Daisy was restricted due to the society that they lived in and even if she had gotten out of a marriage of Tom, she would’ve gone with Gatsby and tarnished his reputation because who would want a woman who has been divorced. Being divorced contextually has very negative implications towards women. that’s what I mean.
I still like Gatsby there’s times where I just want to hug him but where i just wanna punch him in his smug face.

Iago is the character that you love the hate. He is so manipulative and conniving it’s amazing. He is the puppet master and everybody else are his puppets. The way the plot of the play and every single thing he does that suit his own needs is amazing to me. I don’t know I found Desdemona annoying maybe that’s just me.

Thank you I appreciate that, like human rights and criminal law or something that I am really fascinated by. You seem very nice and sweet.

I felt like I just waffled. Let me know if there was too much waffle or it was okay so I can work on it for next time.

Hows ur NEA going? my teacher made me finish it at Sept, for marxism and feminism

And yeah that actually explains Jay's situation and his character overall, i hope to never fall like that for someone, it looks dangerous haha
The impact on society and all really impacted Daisy's situation, i see that, I just dont think she should have pursued what she had with Jay in that case furthermore :frown:

Iago is definitely manipulative, his words really overpower everyone elses thoughts and he perfectly executes his plan until the ending ofc :') tragedies huh

Also no im saying what's true haha, i really do think that ur going down the right route :smile: i like law too, so i learn criminal, tort and contract, they're all interesting (except contract lol) but the content is just heavy

Dw about ur replies btw, theres nothing wrong with them :h:
Hows ur NEA going? my teacher made me finish it at Sept, for marxism and feminism

And yeah that actually explains Jay's situation and his character overall, i hope to never fall like that for someone, it looks dangerous haha
The impact on society and all really impacted Daisy's situation, i see that, I just dont think she should have pursued what she had with Jay in that case furthermore :frown:

Iago is definitely manipulative, his words really overpower everyone elses thoughts and he perfectly executes his plan until the ending ofc :') tragedies huh

Also no im saying what's true haha, i really do think that ur going down the right route :smile: i like law too, so i learn criminal, tort and contract, they're all interesting (except contract lol) but the content is just heavy

Dw about ur replies btw, theres nothing wrong with them :h:

Right so with my NEA, I gave my teacher my plan in November, as I changed my question three times and I have had no information back. So I am starting it tomorrow on gender representation anyway so wish me luck. It’s not that hard to read somebody’s plan and tell you know what it looks good which is annoying to me.

I just feel bad for all the characters in Literature because they all seem to have one fatal flaw that inevitably leads to their downfall such as: Iago’s greed and jealousy and Jay’s obsession with Daisy etc. I do feel bad for Daisy, even though the girls in my English class hate her guts(i am the only boy), part of me just feel something for her but I don’t know what if you feel me.

I felt like Iago got off way too easy in the ending, it was so aggravating.

Have you heard of something called an Aristotelian hero?

Oh thank you I appreciate that. I want to learn criminal and corporate because it’s interesting to me and like I can’t explain it though.

It is currently 10:37 pm and I am organising my Gatsby notes on characters and themes-send help for me x
Right so with my NEA, I gave my teacher my plan in November, as I changed my question three times and I have had no information back. So I am starting it tomorrow on gender representation anyway so wish me luck. It’s not that hard to read somebody’s plan and tell you know what it looks good which is annoying to me.

I just feel bad for all the characters in Literature because they all seem to have one fatal flaw that inevitably leads to their downfall such as: Iago’s greed and jealousy and Jay’s obsession with Daisy etc. I do feel bad for Daisy, even though the girls in my English class hate her guts(i am the only boy), part of me just feel something for her but I don’t know what if you feel me.

I felt like Iago got off way too easy in the ending, it was so aggravating.

Have you heard of something called an Aristotelian hero?

Oh thank you I appreciate that. I want to learn criminal and corporate because it’s interesting to me and like I can’t explain it though.

It is currently 10:37 pm and I am organising my Gatsby notes on characters and themes-send help for me x

Ahhh my law teacher is exactly like that, however good luck, i have faith in you !

It's all the tragedies I suppose thst contain these characters with tragic flaws, same with Othello himself and Jay ur definitely right. Yeah i can see why you feel bad for her, i have mixed feelings bc of how she's portrayed in the book and movie itself haha, the movie portrays Daisy as being a bit reckless of her actions, under Nick's narrative too, and its so cool to hear a guy doing English Lit, its all girls in mine :')

I know Aristotle and his theories on tragedy but not that, what's it about?

Since you like criminal, I highly recommend you to watch How to get away with murder :biggrin: it's really good

I wish i could help ):
Ahhh my law teacher is exactly like that, however good luck, i have faith in you !

It's all the tragedies I suppose thst contain these characters with tragic flaws, same with Othello himself and Jay ur definitely right. Yeah i can see why you feel bad for her, i have mixed feelings bc of how she's portrayed in the book and movie itself haha, the movie portrays Daisy as being a bit reckless of her actions, under Nick's narrative too, and its so cool to hear a guy doing English Lit, its all girls in mine :')

I know Aristotle and his theories on tragedy but not that, what's it about?

Since you like criminal, I highly recommend you to watch How to get away with murder :biggrin: it's really good

I wish i could help ):

I can’t lie I like being the only guy in my class cause you know all the girls give me all the attention and want to hear my viewpoint, as vain as it sounds 😂😂

Prefer for some Greek Mythos waffle x.
In a sense the Aristotelian hero is a tragic hero is a man who enjoy prosperity and renown, but he is found involved in misfortune and suffering out of some great flaw in his characters or a fatal error in his judgement, action or conduct. This can be applied to both Jay and Othello.

I have watched How To Get Away With Murder. I finished it. wbu? (:
Planning of doing the diploma course plus msc to get M. Pharm certificate, i hope it is possible for the 1year duration?
Hi,

I'm applying for marketing at Aston.

I am currently doing media, English language and English literature.

How tight is the university on its grade requirements, at the moment (Waiting for my December mock results) I am predicted BCC and the course requirement is ABB. My application is to a high standard and my personal statement highlights my suitability to the course. Would I expect to receive a conditional offer or a rejection?
Hi

I'm applying for Accounting and Finance at Aston

I'm currently studying double business and Computer Science
(edited 3 years ago)
anyone got offers for the engineering foundation course?
Hi my name is Subhaan, from east London going to study at Aston Uni this September, was going to rent out my own studio but would be easier with a 2 bedroom flat with all utilities covered for a good price, as if you were to go for Aston accommodation you will have to share the kitchen and bathroom with others so this is for a good price for 2 people and your own flat, thank you, if your interested contact me on my Instagram, and if you want to be added to an Aston University Groupchat for 2021 Admission follow me on Instagram and say your from student room, @subzz.sb
Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
i recently got an offer from aston to do business and economics but i'm undecided between aston and NTU anyone else??
Original post by GiselleQE
i recently got an offer from aston to do business and economics but i'm undecided between aston and NTU anyone else??

Me too but for marketing!
Reply 59
I’m applying for business management

Quick Reply

Latest