The Student Room Group

Is Mazars a good firm to work for?

I'd really appreciate advice on this if anyone can offer it.

I've received an offer from Mazars in M&A and restructuring as an apprentice. This is my dream job as I'm keen on Mazars as a company and I'm aware of how hard it is to break into transactions at graduate level.

I'm curious how good Mazars is? Do you think I'd be able to transfer into the big 4 once qualified?

I also have offers from Durham and Warwick for A&F as alternatives.
Hi, I've just been offered an apprenticeship at Mazars in FAS too! What office location did you apply to?

I really like Mazars as a company and found the people there really friendly! I think Mazars has a really nice working culture and is a big global company.

At the end of the apprenticeship you would be ACA qualified which will open up lots of doors for you so I'm sure you would be able to transfer to the big 4 if you wanted to.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous0902
Hi, I've just been offered an apprenticeship at Mazars in FAS too! What office location did you apply to?

I really like Mazars as a company and found the people there really friendly! I think Mazars has a really nice working culture and is a big global company.

At the end of the apprenticeship you would be ACA qualified which will open up lots of doors for you so I'm sure you would be able to transfer to the big 4 if you wanted to.

Great to hear! I agree I think they're a great company to work for after speaking to a lot of people and I'm really looking forward to joining.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous2585484
I'd really appreciate advice on this if anyone can offer it.

I've received an offer from Mazars in M&A and restructuring as an apprentice. This is my dream job as I'm keen on Mazars as a company and I'm aware of how hard it is to break into transactions at graduate level.

I'm curious how good Mazars is? Do you think I'd be able to transfer into the big 4 once qualified?

I also have offers from Durham and Warwick for A&F as alternatives.

Hi - I trained with Mazars and went in as a school leaver.

Good time to join, they are benefiting greatly from market reform as one of the key challenger firms to the big four.

Friendly culture, punch above their weight in terms of client base and a great place to train. You’ll learn far more in your training contract than you would ever would from the big four with a better work life balance.

As for joining big four later in your career - door would be firmly open. Drop me a private message if you want any more specifics.
Original post by Diagonalgerm
Hi - I trained with Mazars and went in as a school leaver.

Good time to join, they are benefiting greatly from market reform as one of the key challenger firms to the big four.

Friendly culture, punch above their weight in terms of client base and a great place to train. You’ll learn far more in your training contract than you would ever would from the big four with a better work life balance.

As for joining big four later in your career - door would be firmly open. Drop me a private message if you want any more specifics.

Oh and baffles me why anyone consider do an accounting and finance degree if you’ve got the opportunity to join a top accounting firm as a school leaver.

Saddled with debt, delay qualification (by 3 years in most cases) and your degree is about as useful as toilet paper once you’ve got your ACA.
Reply 5
yes. go for the apprenticeship unless you're obsessed with the idea of the 'uni lifestyle'
Reply 6

Hey what’s the salary for a apprenticeship?
Reply 7

Congratulations on your offer.
I just did online test so how long till I get phone interview ? How long did it take you?
Reply 8
Original post by Ht_445
Hey what’s the salary for a apprenticeship?

Depends if it's London or regions, probably looking at 16-18k tops

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending