The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Official University of Derby 2021 applicant thread

Welcome to the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Derby for 2021!

This is a place where you can:
Chat to other people who are applying to Derby
Find applicants who are looking at the same course as you
Chat with us and ask us anything that’s on your mind

If you're not sure where to start, here are a few ice-breaker questions you can answer:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?
How are you feeling about starting university?
How far along the application journey are you?

We also have separate threads where you can chat about accommodation and student life in Derby.

If you are looking for information about the Covid-19 pandemic and our response to it, please take a look at our coronavirus information pages. We update these pages as circumstances change. They contain advice on things like remote working and on looking after your wellbeing, and we answer a host of FAQs.

For general information about coming to the University of Derby, our Study pages are a good place to start.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Heyyy, I'm wanting to go to Derby next year (2021) to study policing. Is anyone wanting to do the same or go to Derby for a different course?

Also if there's any current students let me know what it's like :smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by 20Ellie03
Heyyy, I'm wanting to go to Derby next year (2021) to study policing. Is anyone wanting to do the same or go to Derby for a different course?

Hi @20Ellie03,

We have a Policing student called Thomas available through our Unibuddy page if you wanted to text chat with someone already studying the course at Derby - hope this helps :smile:

^Ryan
Thank you!

I'm hopefully studying the sound light & live event technology course :smile:
I've applied for Sound Light and Live Event Technology, and right now studying a-levels in maths, physics and economics :smile:
Reply 6
I've applied for Computer Game Programming and I'm currently studying IT, Media studies, Business and I've already completed Computer Science :smile:
Reply 7

I'm hopefully going to be doing Computer Game Programming, I've already picked it as my firm choice and applied for St Christopher's Court halls :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by brandon.l.hill
I'm hopefully studying the sound light & live event technology course :smile:

Oooo that sounds very interesting haha. Will you choose it as your first choice? :smile:
Original post by Cole8910
I'm hopefully going to be doing Computer Game Programming, I've already picked it as my firm choice and applied for halls :smile:

Oh wow you're so far ahead haha. I haven't been able to send off the application yet as my college is taking agessss
Oooo that sounds very interesting haha. Will you choose it as your first choice? :smile:

Yep :smile: already picked it + got my offer to stay in Darley Bank this morning
Original post by brandon.l.hill
Yep :smile: already picked it + got my offer to stay in Darley Bank this morning

Jeezzzz I wanna be that prepared 😭😭 I actually hate my college rn lol. That’s so exciting tho!
Jeezzzz I wanna be that prepared 😭😭 I actually hate my college rn lol. That’s so exciting tho!

Ahh yeah mine took ages to send it off too lol, good luck :smile:

I’ve got an offer for their primary education course but havent made it my firm choice yet :smile:
Original post by msxdavid
I’ve got an offer for their primary education course but havent made it my firm choice yet :smile:

Ooo exciting. I’ve got my offer now too just need to put it as my firm
Ooo exciting. I’ve got my offer now too just need to put it as my firm

Awh congrats :smile: have you looked at accommodation yet

I have but not enough to remember what ones are best for me 😂 some of them are expensiveee

got a place for cathedral court now, have you applied to any?
Have anyone heard anything about BSc Computer Science? I been waiting since the beginning of November.
I’m thinking of applying for business management :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest