The Student Room Group

Summer A-level 2021

Hello, I have an unusual problem with the 2021 Summer A-level exams. I am an ICS student (Online Learning Provider) and have been studying there for the Math, English and Economics exams as a private candidate in the AQA board. It is known that AQA can only be passed inside the UK. And I live in Russia and because of the epidemiological situation I am afraid that the borders of Great Britain will be closed. We have English schools in Moscow that accept private candidates, but these are different examination boards (Edexcel as a rule). I got 2 questions:
1. Can I take Edexcel exams instead of AQA as a private candidate and how big is the difference between them? Is there such a practice?
And the second question:
2. Since I am writing a course work on English AQA my question is whether there are NEA (course work) in Edexcel and whether it is possible not to write them to just come and pass the exam.
Thanks in advance
Original post by wiesel
Hello, I have an unusual problem with the 2021 Summer A-level exams. I am an ICS student (Online Learning Provider) and have been studying there for the Math, English and Economics exams as a private candidate in the AQA board. It is known that AQA can only be passed inside the UK. And I live in Russia and because of the epidemiological situation I am afraid that the borders of Great Britain will be closed. We have English schools in Moscow that accept private candidates, but these are different examination boards (Edexcel as a rule). I got 2 questions:
1. Can I take Edexcel exams instead of AQA as a private candidate and how big is the difference between them? Is there such a practice?
And the second question:
2. Since I am writing a course work on English AQA my question is whether there are NEA (course work) in Edexcel and whether it is possible not to write them to just come and pass the exam.
Thanks in advance

Hey! So, I can help with the second question. All exam boards for A Level English (whether it's Literature or Language) will need you to complete an NEA coursework section, which is required.
In terms of the first question, you should be able to do that I think, but don't take my word for it. Quick question though, how and why did you start learning AQA syllabus if you can't pass it in Russia? I think you should be able to switch though, from AQA to Edexcel. Hope this helped x
Reply 2
Original post by Ali-liyyah
Hey! So, I can help with the second question. All exam boards for A Level English (whether it's Literature or Language) will need you to complete an NEA coursework section, which is required.
In terms of the first question, you should be able to do that I think, but don't take my word for it. Quick question though, how and why did you start learning AQA syllabus if you can't pass it in Russia? I think you should be able to switch though, from AQA to Edexcel. Hope this helped x

Hello!
Thanks for the answer! When I started studying on the AQA examination board, it was not a problem for me to come to the UK to take exams. BUT! The coronavirus and border closures may prevent me from coming and I do not want to wait another year. Can you tell me have I time to pass the NEA (are there any restrictions until what date it must be passed in order to participate in the exam). Thank you!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey, the requirements for each exam board differ even if it’s the same subject. I study Edexcel A level history and I can tell you now that it’s not the same as studying AQA

Quick Reply

Latest