The Student Room Group

Should I report my mum?

She did it to us, we took this guy to football in the car but the guy isn't vulnerable to the virus because he's only 21 years old and I'm younger so we all are less likely to be affected by it. My mum is more vulnerable to it, yet I woke up this morning and I saw lights flashing through my bedroom so I looked out of the window and saw my mum get into this taxi. She's gone to see her family who are all middle age, they are all atleast 45 and they will have weaker immune systems. I think its against the rules because I think I saw that you can only go to visit family on Christmas day but shes visited them today. Im not really reporting them because of the risk of it spreading its more for revenge because she reported us.

Scroll to see replies

bruh idek what to say to this. a reporting fiasco...
Reply 2
Original post by beesandtoil
bruh idek what to say to this. a reporting fiasco...

I don't
yes, if she breaks the law she is a criminal and should be doing time
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
yes, if she breaks the law she is a criminal and should be doing time

Done
Reply 5
She did it to us, we took this guy to football in the car but the guy isn't vulnerable to the virus because he's only 21 years old and I'm younger so we all are less likely to be affected by it. My mum is more vulnerable to it, yet I woke up this morning and I saw lights flashing through my bedroom so I looked out of the window and saw my mum get into this taxi. She's gone to see her family who are all middle age, they are all atleast 45 and they will have weaker immune systems. I think its against the rules because I think I saw that you can only go to visit family on Christmas day but shes visited them today. Im not really reporting them because of the risk of it spreading its more for revenge because she reported us.

i dont believe your own mother reported you..
Reply 6
Original post by ANM775
i dont believe your own mother reported you..

She did for breaking the rules
Reply 7
You should all be locked up. Report everyone in your family including yourself.
Reply 8
Original post by Plain1
You should all be locked up. Report everyone in your family including yourself.

Just shut up
Nah if she reported you then report her. Teach her the same lesson she taught you
Original post by Moonlight rain
Nah if she reported you then report her. Teach her the same lesson she taught you

I have done it
I have done it

Good. I find it so silly that she thought she was being a good influence and teaching you a lesson but then she goes and does the same thing.
Good. I find it so silly that she thought she was being a good influence and teaching you a lesson but then she goes and does the same thing.

Its not good to report your own son but I only did it for revenge normally I would have not cared and been happy that she's gone away
Its not good to report your own son but I only did it for revenge normally I would have not cared and been happy that she's gone away

honestly that’s a bit petty but I would do the same. sometimes we can all be a little petty
honestly that’s a bit petty but I would do the same. sometimes we can all be a little petty

Ok
Reply 15
She did for breaking the rules

i dont believe this topic is genuine either. you came her asking people if you should report your mum. after just one person said yes, you reported her. whats more, you reported her within 2 minutes as i can see the timestamps showing when the person posted and you posted saying you'd done it. i dont believe in that within 2 minutes, you reported her, then came back to tsr and typed that message.
Original post by ANM775
i dont believe this topic is genuine either. you came her asking people if you should report your mum. after just one person said yes, you reported her. whats more, you reported her within 2 minutes as i can see the timestamps showing when the person posted and you posted saying you'd done it. i dont believe in that within 2 minutes, you reported her, then came back to tsr and typed that message.

Of course it's a genuine topic, yes I decided to just do it instead of waiting for some replies on here
Original post by BTSARMYF.F
Why don't you stop her btw are you Asian if yes then it's really hard to stop your mum. Cuz my auntie comes to my house every weekend and we can't stop her since she is older than us. We can't report her as well it would be disrespectful.

I was in bed. Exactly its disrespectful to report your own famliy or it is disrespectful to report anyone really and I would never do it but I had to do it today for revenge
Original post by BTSARMYF.F
Sorry what revenge what do mean? If you don't want to share it's okay.

Just pay back because she's reported me so I will do it back

You don’t know what she’s planning to do: perhaps to leave notes or presents on their doorsteps or to say hi from the front garden.

It seems to me there is other stuff happening here. I suggest you think of other ways to call your mum out for what you appear to see as a betrayal. Put your relationship with her first. You only have one mum in the world.

There is in your situation a values-debate as to whether it’s more important to stick by family or to abide by the law. Personally, I would go by a case-by-case basis. If she were a serial killer then perhaps you should report her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending