The Student Room Group

Kclms 2021 Interview stage

What does everyone think about the interview stage we are going to attend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m excited for it, but I don’t know how to prepare. Although if they just want to see how I think and work through problems I guess I’ll just have to practise answering UKMT style questions.
Reply 2
Do you know what will happen in the interview?
From what I know, they'll give us a maths interview where they teach us a topic that is unlikely to have been covered in school. They just want to see how well we pick up maths i think. Then, there is a personal interview where they just want to get to know us better. If you go on their website, under policies there is an interview/admission policy document.
Reply 4
Original post by ElephantEars11
From what I know, they'll give us a maths interview where they teach us a topic that is unlikely to have been covered in school. They just want to see how well we pick up maths i think. Then, there is a personal interview where they just want to get to know us better. If you go on their website, under policies there is an interview/admission policy document.

Ok thank you
I'm really scared but looking forward to it!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
@AnonPerson1
I know that currently you are a Yr 12 at the school. What are your opinions on the school and also do you learn maths and further maths from year 12. Or just maths in yr 12 and then further maths in yr 13. How many maths, further maths and physics lessons do you have each week?
Do we have 2 interviews?
Reply 8
Original post by M47H3M471C5
Do we have 2 interviews?

from what everyone is saying we should have one interview lesson where they examine our thought process, another where they examine our other personal qualities.
Original post by A__human
from what everyone is saying we should have one interview lesson where they examine our thought process, another where they examine our other personal qualities.

more maths??!!! god this school is intense
Reply 10
Original post by blobfish123
more maths??!!! god this school is intense

hey hey I see you look familiar, did you pass the test?

yhh v surprised tho!!Submit reply
how u feeling abt the school? also what was the taster day like, I couldn't go
Reply 13
The taster day was really nice, they briefed us a little and then taught us a new concept in maths. We split up into groups and answered the questions they gave us. Then we got to see current students and played a maths game and asked them questions.
Original post by Thsui
The taster day was really nice, they briefed us a little and then taught us a new concept in maths. We split up into groups and answered the questions they gave us. Then we got to see current students and played a maths game and asked them questions.

ye i attended late. Do u lot think widening participation score will be taken account in the interviews?
how u feeling abt the school? also what was the taster day like, I couldn't go

Original post by M47H3M471C5
Do we have 2 interviews?

I'm really scared but looking forward to it!

Original post by Thsui
@AnonPerson1
I know that currently you are a Yr 12 at the school. What are your opinions on the school and also do you learn maths and further maths from year 12. Or just maths in yr 12 and then further maths in yr 13. How many maths, further maths and physics lessons do you have each week?

Original post by LPR05
Ok thank you

What does everyone think about the interview stage we are going to attend?

Original post by LPR05
I’m excited for it, but I don’t know how to prepare. Although if they just want to see how I think and work through problems I guess I’ll just have to practise answering UKMT style questions.

Original post by LPR05
Do you know what will happen in the interview?

It would be nice talking to u lot on that day> If u dont mind me asking how do u guys look? im the guy on the wheelchair
dyu think it will be virtual?
dyu think it will be virtual?

I hope not! I really want to go and see the school.
I hope not! I really want to go and see the school.

sameee, I don't wanna go to a school if I haven't seen it and the atmosphere
sameee, I don't wanna go to a school if I haven't seen it and the atmosphere

It says in the website that its gonna be there. its impossible to be vertual as someone could be helping them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending