The Student Room Group

am i overweight?

is it bad for a 5’9, 14 year old girl to weigh 70kg?
i feel like it is tbf but idk
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
BMI is one metric you can use. You are considered a healthy weight according to this metric:
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/

I would also make sure you continue to eat a healthy diet, following the advice here:
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/
Reply 2
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx

That's actually not heavy at all, especially as you're quite tall. Also, the bmi calculator is quite inaccurate and it doesn't take into accord muscle mass for example you could be 'skinny' but also be 'overweight'. As long as you eat in proportion, I don't think you should worry too much about your weight, the target is to be healthy not skinny :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Are you healthy?
Happy with your appearance, bmi, diet and exercise levels?

If all the answers are yes, you are fine.
Don't allow the insults of nasty trolls or rude people you know to ruin your self-esteem.

Omg khadija we’re the same age and weight.....
It isn’t bad hun. Ur 5”9?! - I’m only bl**dy 5”5
Honestly tho I look and feel healthy (okay I do be a bit curvy but still I feel healthy) so if u feel and or look healthy then there’s nothing to worry about lovely!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Honestly tho I look and feel healthy (okay I do be a bit curvy but still I feel healthy) so if u feel and or look healthy then there’s nothing to worry about lovely!

yesss i wish i was shorter
ty bby🤍
yesss i wish i was shorter
ty bby🤍

*u who wishes u were shorter then there’s me over here who wishes she was taller....*
aw np hehe 🤍
Nope, perfect. You're still a child so I'm not even sure BMI is appropriate for someone your age.
Original post by Kinah128
That's actually not heavy at all, especially as you're quite tall. Also, the bmi calculator is quite inaccurate and it doesn't take into accord muscle mass for example you could be 'skinny' but also be 'overweight'. As long as you eat in proportion, I don't think you should worry too much about your weight, the target is to be healthy not skinny :smile:

This is vastly overstated for normal people. It's not accurate for elite athletes or people who exercise a lot. But for the average person it's pretty accurate.

Idk if it's proper to use it for 14 year olds. She still has years to develop fully.

For your age, you are on the 87th gentile. Anything above the 90th gentile is overweight. So you are at the upper end of normal but not overweight.
Original post by black tea
For your age, you are on the 87th gentile. Anything above the 90th gentile is overweight. So you are at the upper end of normal but not overweight.

ok thank you x
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒

ahaha i feel so short im 5'2 lmao

Quick Reply

Latest