The Student Room Group

In a relationship but ex bf wants to meet

I'm in a dilemma I thought I was in a happy relationship with my bf of 4 months but last night my ex got back in touch and we talked and he wants to meet up I'm not sure what to do all the memories came flooding back he was my first love we were together for a year and broke up at the start of the first lockdown, it has got me questioning my current relationship, I'm 16 my bf is 19 and my ex is 18. Should I end it and go back to my Ex?

Scroll to see replies

Um, no lol. Don't you know that when a guy says he wants to "meet up" it doesn't end there? Don't go, unless you're ready to end your current relationship. If you were fine with your bf until your ex showed up then I suggest you don't go and ruin what you have.
Reply 2
Original post by Kei Park
Um, no lol. Don't you know that when a guy says he wants to "meet up" it doesn't end there? Don't go, unless you're ready to end your current relationship. If you were fine with your bf until your ex showed up then I suggest you don't go and ruin what you have.

He says he just wants to talk nothing more
well either way im guessing it ain't gonna end well
don't try it out it will have terrible consequences if you do go to talk to your ex
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

You already talked. He wants something more. You don't sound committed to either of them really.

That's what they all say :rolleyes:
Teenage relationships are hilarious

GIRL. I'm telling you, don't go lmaoooo. i'm saying this because I've seen it myself. "I just wanna talk" doesn't mean that when it comes to certain guys. Even if he just wants to have a convo, there is no reason for you to be conversing with your ex. Thank you, next...
Reply 8
Original post by Kei Park
GIRL. I'm telling you, don't go lmaoooo. i'm saying this because I've seen it myself. "I just wanna talk" doesn't mean that when it comes to certain guys. Even if he just wants to have a convo, there is no reason for you to be conversing with your ex. Thank you, next...

Just all my feelings have come back I thought they had gone when he finished with me
I'm in a dilemma I thought I was in a happy relationship with my bf of 4 months but last night my ex got back in touch and we talked and he wants to meet up I'm not sure what to do all the memories came flooding back he was my first love we were together for a year and broke up at the start of the first lockdown, it has got me questioning my current relationship, I'm 16 my bf is 19 and my ex is 18. Should I end it and go back to my Ex?

That’s a no no
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you. :smile:
But remember that you can't change the past nor relive it again and that he is your ex for a reason.

If you want to dump your current bf because you are no longer attracted to him or bored with the relationship- that is your choice.
Your ex may have got in touch looking to be friends, play mind games or even to hookup while he is single & bored/in between relationships.
But the main reason that you broke up is unlikely to have completely vanished.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you. :smile:
But remember that you can't change the past nor relive it again and that he is your ex for a reason.

If you want to dump your current bf because you are no longer attracted to him or bored with the relationship- that is your choice.
Your ex may have got in touch looking to be friends, play mind games or even to hookup while he is single & bored/in between relationships.
But the main reason that you broke up is unlikely to have completely vanished.
Good luck!

My ex was better in bed plus he messaged saying he missed me a lot my current bf is lovely but he's not very good in bed and can be a bit clingy
My ex was better in bed plus he messaged saying he missed me a lot my current bf is lovely but he's not very good in bed and can be a bit clingy

And they say women are more mature than men. If your current bf doesn't do it for you in bed then why not communicate to make it more pleasurable for both of you. Sometimes it just clicks (as it seems to have done with your ex) and other times you need to put a bit more effort into the communication of what you like etc. (as it seems to be with your current bf). Despite the better sex, he is still your ex, so it's hardly like the sex was a real staple to your previous relationship.
Were you 15 when you were in a relationship with him?
I'm just so confused with my feelings
Original post by YaliaV123
Were you 15 when you were in a relationship with him?

Yeah I was 15

Sounds like you are not mature enough to be in a relationship
I think the single life would be good for you.
Yeah I was 15

You had sex when you were 15?

Are you happy or not? Fact you are even considering speaks volumes, but you arent telling us why you split?

I would say your current relationship isnt great, but neither was your old one. On the one side you are only 16 and the other you seem very flaky.
This is why horse riding, BTS fan club or studying yields a lot more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending