The Student Room Group

Is Nursing Easier than Podiatry?

Is the Nursing degree course easier than the Podiatry and Physiotherapy degree courses?

This is not to insult the degree course, I am just trying to find which is more difficult to undertake in terms of biochemistry and other science topics involved.
The Nursing course is easier and more prosperous, Nursing jobs are readily available and pay more money than other band 5 NHS professions , reason beingn nurses get unsociable hrs pay, time and a half for night and Saturday, just under double time on a Sunday . Nurses also can work on agencies were they earn a fortune £40 per hour.

Physio is a respected occupation within the NHS, the course is more difficult as you need to learn the muscular skeletal system, along with anatomy physiology and a understanding of health conditions and put it to practice. (you need to be a thinker, problem solver) there is decent amount of jobs for physios.

Podiatry is a solid medical type course however has a very limited scope of practice. Req a indeph medical knowledge, lots of patient assessments resulting in referrals to the real pros, whilst u get to cut the patients cheesy nails. No NHS jobs either and they fail so many students.

I studied podiatry for a good while , my sisters a nurse and best mates are physios.
Original post by Jamesbd36
The Nursing course is easier and more prosperous, Nursing jobs are readily available and pay more money than other band 5 NHS professions , reason beingn nurses get unsociable hrs pay, time and a half for night and Saturday, just under double time on a Sunday . Nurses also can work on agencies were they earn a fortune £40 per hour.

Physio is a respected occupation within the NHS, the course is more difficult as you need to learn the muscular skeletal system, along with anatomy physiology and a understanding of health conditions and put it to practice. (you need to be a thinker, problem solver) there is decent amount of jobs for physios.

Podiatry is a solid medical type course however has a very limited scope of practice. Req a indeph medical knowledge, lots of patient assessments resulting in referrals to the real pros, whilst u get to cut the patients cheesy nails. No NHS jobs either and they fail so many students.

I studied podiatry for a good while , my sisters a nurse and best mates are physios.

Thank you
Original post by Jamesbd36

Do you know if you have to learn anatomy in nursing, and whether there are more contact hours?

and if the OSCES are easier than the podiatry ones?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymonious
Do you know if you have to learn anatomy in nursing, and whether there are more contact hours?

and if the OSCES are easier than the podiatry ones?

Yes, you do need to learn anatomy & physiology in nursing. It's just not always as in depth as other health professions because there's a lot of other stuff packed into 3 years. You also have to do 2300 theory hours and 2300 practice hours to qualify.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending