The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2021 offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by homuntan02
Hey guys i've applied for BSc Econs on the 15th of october and have yet to receive my email of acknowledgement, should i be worried?

same i still haven't received any ack email, but i wrote an email asking them whether they have received my application and they said yes.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
I've applied to lse for Econ and politics
my gcses weren't great at:98888777776
predicted A*A*A and doing epq

do I have a chance at getting an offer?

no chance luv
Original post by cloudyh
hello, does anyone received an offer from LSE Undergraduate degrees 2021.?

no, I am also waiting to receive notification about my application from LSE
no chance luv

yeah absolutely 0% chance
Original post by firedblocki

couldnt of said it better myself
Reply 25
Original post by kekekelly
same i still haven't received any ack email, but i wrote an email asking them whether they have received my application and they said yes.

What are you predicted grades and what subjects?

cheers guys, son's crying
no chance luv

Ah **** It's my dream uni as well
Ah **** It's my dream uni as well

Honestly, no one can say with conviction that you have no chance. Whist GCSEs are important so are predicted grades and yours are amazing. LSE care the most about your personal statement and if that's good then you're not out of the game!!
Reply 29
no chance luv

how is there no chance when that's above the entry requirements
Original post by LVSDH
What are you predicted grades and what subjects?

all A*s and applied to pure econ and econ and math
Reply 31
Original post by kekekelly
all A*s and applied to pure econ and econ and math

Oh thats great, congrats on those predicted grades. Do you by any chance know if LSE have heavy dependency on personal statement
Anyone got an offer for straight Econ, or know when they usually go out?
Reply 33
Anyone got an offer for straight Econ, or know when they usually go out

As i am applying for straight econ my teacher received an email saying that if they were to give me and offer it would be in February. But as LSE opens back up on the 4th of Jan id assume stuff will happen from then
Original post by LVSDH
Oh thats great, congrats on those predicted grades. Do you by any chance know if LSE have heavy dependency on personal statement

yes it does look at your personal statement, in fact it is one of the main things they look at before selection
Reply 35
yes it does look at your personal statement, in fact it is one of the main things they look at before selection

Thank you, I have also heard that they don't necessarily look at grades as much as we think. So, for example, I am applying for straight Econ and you need A*AA with A* in maths , as long as you meet the minimum requirements they don't really look at your grades any more after that unless they are comparing two very similar people but even then the PS should differentiate. Have you got nay idea if that's true
Original post by LVSDH
Thank you, I have also heard that they don't necessarily look at grades as much as we think. So, for example, I am applying for straight Econ and you need A*AA with A* in maths , as long as you meet the minimum requirements they don't really look at your grades any more after that unless they are comparing two very similar people but even then the PS should differentiate. Have you got nay idea if that's true

"I have also heard that they don't necessarily look at grades as much as we think" I am not sure about this but I can tell you that there is a lot of competition for highly competitive undergraduate degrees but for the degree I am applying to(actuarial science) the competition is not necessarily high likewise the number of students they take is also lower. so basically its about the degree your applying for that determines how important your grade is
Original post by LVSDH

Whilst it heavily ps dependent, predicted grades also play a role, someone with 4 A*s would have better chances than someone with just 1 for a course as competitive as econ.

Grades do play an important factor.
Reply 38
"I have also heard that they don't necessarily look at grades as much as we think" I am not sure about this but I can tell you that there is a lot of competition for highly competitive undergraduate degrees but for the degree I am applying to(actuarial science) the competition is not necessarily high likewise the number of students they take is also lower. so basically its about the degree your applying for that determines how important your grade is

Yea thats fair
Reply 39
Original post by Incede
Whilst it heavily ps dependent, predicted grades also play a role, someone with 4 A*s would have better chances than someone with just 1 for a course as competitive as econ.

Grades do play an important factor.

However, LSE especially look at you in the context of your school so, for example, my GCSE are nowhere near the standard they look for however I was ranked 4th in my year 11 cohort and that was put in my references so they'd like that. Also, my general schools ability in achieving a/a* is very low like 5% of grades in my school, I have been predicted A*A*AB with A*in maths and econ, A in physics and B in further so in that context its very good and so my personal statement will have a major impact as that shows who i am as person

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending