The Student Room Group

road to gcse2021 (hopefully!) - grow your grades <3

hey i'm maya and i'm in year 11 currently working towards hopefully getting 6s and 7s in my GCSEs - except German lol. i love documenting things i do or am going through in a journal or video diaries so i can look back at them and i feel like sharing my experience will hopefully help me feel less alone in the exam stress.
these are the subjects i study:
biology - edexcel
physics - edexcel
chemistry - edexcel
english literature - aqa
english language - aqa
media studies - eduqas
german - aqa
psychology - ocr
maths - edexcel
in light of my recent mocks results i've now begun revision for my february mocks and the real exam if that goes forward which hopefully it does.
the grades i'm hoping for are..
biology - 7
chemistry 6/7
physics - 6
psychology - 7
english lit - 7
english lang - 7
maths - 6
media studies - 7
german - 5 (i think i'll be doing foundation)

the thought of exams being cancelled is so scary to me because i KNOW that I can do well in the exam and i want to be able to prove myself in the real thing and i hate how people are asking for them to be cancelled without researching into what will actually happen with our grades should gcses be cancelled.

i want to move sixth forms for a-levels and do Biology, Psychology & English Literature.

I'LL BE UPDATING WITH MY GRADES, SCHOOL-RELATED STUFF AND REVISION REGULARLY!
(edited 3 years ago)
what aree predicted if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by ermmaya

the thought of exams being cancelled is so scary to me because i KNOW that I can do well in the exam and i want to be able to prove myself in the real thing and i hate how people are asking for them to be cancelled without researching into what will actually happen with our grades should gcses be cancelled.

You don't even understand how much I want the exams to be cancelled, it will free up my summer, I will get the grades in the mocks that I got, Euros 2021, I can start to look at ways to start some passive income etc. I'm sorry, but cancelling exams will be the greatest thing to happen, and would make 2021 the best already.
Reply 3
Original post by theoneyoulove
what aree predicted if you dont mind me asking?

all 6s except for maths&german where i'm predicted a 5 and psychology where i'm predicted a 7. these predicted grades were made for us at the beginning of year 10, i'm now in year 11 so i'm not sure if this might change.
Original post by ermmaya
all 6s except for maths&german where i'm predicted a 5 and psychology where i'm predicted a 7. these predicted grades were made for us at the beginning of year 10, i'm now in year 11 so i'm not sure if this might change.

ahhh okay yeah do well on your mocks and if exams get cancelled you'll be fineeeee. good luck!
Original post by vibinhard
You don't even understand how much I want the exams to be cancelled, it will free up my summer, I will get the grades in the mocks that I got, Euros 2021, I can start to look at ways to start some passive income etc. I'm sorry, but cancelling exams will be the greatest thing to happen, and would make 2021 the best already.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/326066

sign that lmaoo

and same bae <3 hopefully they get cancelled
Reply 6

it would literally be terrible for so many people lol. also, we saw what happened with the previous year 11s and how so many of them were downgraded from their mocks and they didn't get an accurate representative of their ability. also we already get an extra two weeks of summer? i'm sure this would be great for you but there is a lot of other people who don't feel they are in as good of a position as you with people being off for so long or even not having teachers in, ect. exams (i think) are the only way to fairly assess us.
Original post by ermmaya
it would literally be terrible for so many people lol. also, we saw what happened with the previous year 11s and how so many of them were downgraded from their mocks and they didn't get an accurate representative of their ability. also we already get an extra two weeks of summer? i'm sure this would be great for you but there is a lot of other people who don't feel they are in as good of a position as you with people being off for so long or even not having teachers in, ect. exams (i think) are the only way to fairly assess us.

Yeah I know, but to be fair, knowing our govt others should have been impulsive and ready for anything. Hence, I tried my best in the mocks because our teachers were constantly warning us they do not know what will happen. I know it will be bad, but it isn't as bad as people think. There were guys I go football with that got 5s and 6s in mocks and got 7s and 8s in predicted.

Is there a point, it says its already been debated?

Not bae:cool:
Yeah, hopefully they do get cancelled. The two new corona strains make it seem more promising.
Is there a point, it says its already been debated?

Not bae:cool:
Yeah, hopefully they do get cancelled. The two new corona strains make it seem more promising.

pain :angry: okay fine not bae .

i mean it was 170,890 yesterday at midnight now look at it. you might as well imo takes 2 mins really.

hopefully aghhhh are your predicted high thooo?
pain :angry: okay fine not bae .

i mean it was 170,890 yesterday at midnight now look at it. you might as well imo takes 2 mins really.

hopefully aghhhh are your predicted high thooo?

Yeah, my predicted are high in the 8-9 region. Fine, I'll sign it.
Yeah, my predicted are high in the 8-9 region. Fine, I'll sign it.

damn lucky you :biggrin:. safe g
damn lucky you :biggrin:. safe g

Safe
Safe

safe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending