The Student Room Group

Snow

Have any of you experienced snow around where you live? Near me, it has started snowing.

Scroll to see replies

Sadly no, it's forecasted to snow on Thursday though.
Yes and the councils attempts at gritting main roads and bus routes have been... ineffective
Reply 3
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Sadly no, it's forecasted to snow on Thursday though.

I guess that's alright. Tbf, the snow I've seen is nice. Not minimal amounts, but decent. So if that's anything to go by, then perhaps it will be the same?

Original post by Joinedup
Yes and the councils attempts at gritting main roads and bus routes have been... ineffective

Wow. They should do a better job. Near me preparations have been done to a decent standard.
Yeah, it’s snowing, looks rather therapeutic
Reply 5
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Yeah, it’s snowing, looks rather therapeutic

I don't know why, but I was content with seeing it lol. It seemed so perfectly timed.
Original post by gtty123
I don't know why, but I was content with seeing it lol. It seemed so perfectly timed.

Same, I’m just watching it fall, it’s so relaxing & detoxifying from stress
Reply 7
None today, but enough for a good snowman and some sledging yesterday :smile:
Original post by gtty123
Wow. They should do a better job. Near me preparations have been done to a decent standard.

A lot of councils are flat broke. Gritting and potholes tends to the first to suffer in winter (harder to divert resources from horticulture, as they've sacked most)

Our council got hammered a few years ago for simply not restocking the salt/grit, apparently they thought we could squeak by with out any. I wonder how many folk that killed... :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by Interea
None today, but enough for a good snowman and some sledging yesterday :smile:

That's nice.

Original post by StriderHort
A lot of councils are flat broke. Gritting and potholes tends to the first to suffer in winter (harder to divert resources from horticulture, as they've sacked most)

Our council got hammered a few years ago for simply not restocking the salt/grit, apparently they thought we could squeak by with out any. I wonder how many folk that killed... :rolleyes:

Wow, interesting to know.

Oh wow. They thought wrong lol.
Original post by gtty123
I guess that's alright. Tbf, the snow I've seen is nice. Not minimal amounts, but decent. So if that's anything to go by, then perhaps it will be the same?

Can't understand why it's so bad cos they did send a gritter round earlier - maybe they forgot to put any grit inside it
Nope, we don't get much snow here anymore tbh.
You're so lucky though.
Reply 12
Can't understand why it's so bad cos they did send a gritter round earlier - maybe they forgot to put any grit inside it

Is this in response to me or @StriderHort?

Original post by gracieee16
Nope, we don't get much snow here anymore tbh.
You're so lucky though.

That's unfortunate. I guess I am lol.

Sounds silly, but yep, entirely possible they didn't have any/much grit to put in. but they need to go out and fly the flag anyway...

most of the staff doing it are likely temps dragged in from other roles. They won't be as familiar with the machines (like how to get a decent spread/stop jams) and frankly they know it's a crap temp job, there's no reason for them to try too hard. (You may have also noticed your local potholes no longer being filled with actual tar, just scrap)
Original post by gtty123
Is this in response to me or @StriderHort?

That's unfortunate. I guess I am lol.

Yeah, and long time, no see. My SPAG is getting much better, even without your teaching.

I know it's Christmas, but seriously, you're a private teacher for a reason. Do your job! 😂
Reply 15
Yeah, and long time, no see. My SPAG is getting much better, even without your teaching.

I know it's Christmas, but seriously, you're a private teacher for a reason. Do your job! 😂

That's good to hear.

I'm not even a "private teacher", but you do you.
no snow down in the south :frown:
Unfortunately no :cry:
Original post by gtty123
That's good to hear.

I'm not even a "private teacher", but you do you.

Don't you miss me?

(Your favourite student!)
What are you then? I "paid" for it, not.
I didn't pay because it's for FREE. How kind of you...
Reply 19
Original post by myla :)
no snow down in the south :frown:

That's unfortunate.

Original post by Hazelly
Unfortunately no :cry:

Don't lose hope, it may come?

Don't you miss me?

(Your favourite student!)
What are you then? I "paid" for it, not.
I didn't pay because it's for FREE. How kind of you...

Why would I miss you lol?

You make it sound as if I'm an actual teacher lol.

Hopefully.

Quick Reply

Latest