The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Official University of Huddersfield 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Huddersfield for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is a thread for students who are applying for Huddersfield for next academic year (so courses that start from September 2021). Basically as a place to chat about what people are taking, whether they are living in accommodation etc :smile:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm applying for BA (Hons) Filmmaking :smile:

I take Media Studies, Sociology and English Language for A-level and I will be living away if I get in :smile:
Reply 3
I’m applying for Bsc (hons) Health and social care
And at the moment I take level 3 diploma health and social care and a level history 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by Katepat6
I’m applying for Bsc (hons) Health and social care
And at the moment I take level 3 diploma health and social care and a level history 🙂

Ooooh cool! :smile:
I'm applying for English language and History Joint Honours

Right now I'm studying; History, English language and English literature :smile:
Reply 6
I'm applying for interior design!!
I'm currently studying Media Studies, English Literature and Graphic Communication at a level. My predicted is BBA, but I don't know if I'll meet it rip. I did an EPQ last year on Social And Mental health diagnosis and got a C. Anyone else?
Hi there! Applicant for Games Development (Design) here.

I'm doing a BTEC extended diploma in IT and the moment and will be moving to Huddersfield if I get in!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
anybody applied/thinking of applying for any music/music tech courses? i've recieved my offer & thinking of making it a firm choice - some musician friendos would be gud to know before acc going tho so hmu if dats you <3

(if my musicianship totally flops and im not good enough then backup plan is a games development course so u peeps hit me up too :^))
Reply 9
Original post by Ellioats
anybody applied/thinking of applying for any music/music tech courses? i've recieved my offer & thinking of making it a firm choice - some musician friendos would be gud to know before acc going tho so hmu if dats you <3

(if my musicianship totally flops and im not good enough then backup plan is a games development course so u peeps hit me up too :^))

Heya, I received an offer for music tech and composition, it’d be great to know someone before I go too, are you just doing music tech?

Original post by Luna316
Heya, I received an offer for music tech and composition, it’d be great to know someone before I go too, are you just doing music tech?

Hey, I got an offer for music technology and audio systems!
Original post by Luna316

Original post by regzzbo
Hey, I got an offer for music technology and audio systems!

I originally applied for creative music production, but imma switch to music & sound for screen im pretty sure - i got my offer for music production, so im p sure ill be fine switching over - i think that's what the applicant day thingy early next year is about, deciding which course is good for you? itd be good to get to know some peeps thinking of going, so hmu either here or on discord @Elliot#3259 or ig @Just_Elliot005
I'm applying for Games Development (art)! Ive already started booking my accommodation as well, and it looks pretty good.

At 6th form I studied Art & Design: Graphic Communications (B), Music(C), and Media Studies (Distinction*).
I went to a different uni for a semester to study music tech but dropped out because it wasn't at all right for me. I still really like music stuff, i just wasnt any good at the tech side of it (Im used to studying traditional music things) & learning music in an academic environment didnt work very well with me
(edited 3 years ago)
I originally applied for creative music production, but imma switch to music & sound for screen im pretty sure - i got my offer for music production, so im p sure ill be fine switching over - i think that's what the applicant day thingy early next year is about, deciding which course is good for you? itd be good to get to know some peeps thinking of going, so hmu either here or on discord @Elliot#3259 or ig @Just_Elliot005

Hey guys! I got an offer for Popular Music. Is anyone else attending an audition to do the performance module?
Original post by Henners_
Hey guys! I got an offer for Popular Music. Is anyone else attending an audition to do the performance module?

Sounds great!
I think I’d like to do a performance module but I haven’t been told anything about that, whens your audition?
Original post by Henners_

i havent been asked to do an audition yet, going to the open day in january tho. i think id like to take a performance module but idk what kinda group id like to perform in; maybe an electronic group or something

maybe i'll have to take an audition at the time of applying for that module?
Original post by Luna316
Sounds great!
I think I’d like to do a performance module but I haven’t been told anything about that, whens your audition?

They was a bunch of dates to choose from. I'm doing mine on the 24th of February. You might wanna check if you need to do an audition.
Hi, I plan on going to Huddersfield to do international politics in September! I’m currently doing my alevels.
I am going to Huddersfield to study Costume with Textiles! Has anyone booked accommodation? I’m about to book in for Storthes Hall :smile:
Original post by ellen1raine
I am going to Huddersfield to study Costume with Textiles! Has anyone booked accommodation? I’m about to book in for Storthes Hall :smile:

I haven't booked yet but will be soon! I'm staying in Storthes Hall too :smile:

Im studying Film Production

Quick Reply