The Student Room Group

Websites like Seneca?

Need to find websites like Seneca to help with GCSE revision?

Scroll to see replies

Seneca is not as good, in my opinion.
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Seneca is not as good, in my opinion.

I like it but I need more websites to help with revision. Do you know any?
Original post by blue.bear
I like it but I need more websites to help with revision. Do you know any?

I used free science lessons on YouTube

My experience with Seneca wasn’t a very good one, I remember I’d use it during GCSE days, the most I use to get was grade 7’s. When I switched to free science lessons, I started seeing the grade 8/9’s coming in.

But if it works for you, keep using it.
Reply 4
I used free science lessons on YouTube

My experience with Seneca wasn’t a very good one, I remember I’d use it during GCSE days, the most I use to get was grade 7’s. When I switched to free science lessons, I started seeing the grade 8/9’s coming in.

But if it works for you, keep using it.

Ok. I am only getting 5s so need to find something that helps get to 6s and 7s
Ok. I am only getting 5s so need to find something that helps get to 6s and 7s

I reckon if you used Seneca only, you’ll get a grade 7 easily. You do combined science right?

Just use it then do past paper/ questions from online and then from the textbook

Make sure you’re comfortable in answering it all
Reply 6
I reckon if you used Seneca only, you’ll get a grade 7 easily. You do combined science right?

Just use it then do past paper/ questions from online and then from the textbook

Make sure you’re comfortable in answering it all

Thank you. Very helpful.
Thank you. Very helpful.

Update with what grade you get in your next test, once you do what I just said
Reply 8
Update with what grade you get in your next test, once you do what I just said

I will. Do you think it will work with maths too? I’m not very good at maths :frown:
I will. Do you think it will work with maths too? I’m not very good at maths :frown:

For maths, I did everything the long winded way but just using hegartymaths, this wasn’t very sustainable. I was very good at algebra but there’s no point learning or answering questions you already knew you were good at. I use to get like 7’s from it.

But then I switched to just attempting past paper questions and replicating the exam as much as possible. I used past papers from www.mathsgenie.co.uk
I mainly targeted the grade 9 papers so I could answer the last questions on the paper. I got the 9 in the end of gcse so it’s totally worth it.

If you want grade 6, you can just do the exact same thing but prioritise what grade you want. Or you can just work your way up, which is completely fine
Reply 10
For maths, I did everything the long winded way but just using hegartymaths, this wasn’t very sustainable. I was very good at algebra but there’s no point learning or answering questions you already knew you were good at. I use to get like 7’s from it.

But then I switched to just attempting past paper questions and replicating the exam as much as possible. I used past papers from www.mathsgenie.co.uk
I mainly targeted the grade 9 papers so I could answer the last questions on the paper. I got the 9 in the end of gcse so it’s totally worth it.

If you want grade 6, you can just do the exact same thing but prioritise what grade you want. Or you can just work your way up, which is completely fine

Thanks 😊
Thanks 😊

Update with what grade you get

If you need help with maths, or science, I’m here :smile:
Reply 12
Update with what grade you get

If you need help with maths, or science, I’m here :smile:

Thank you. My next tests are in January so I will tell you what I get!
Need to find websites like Seneca to help with GCSE revision?

What subjects do you need help with? I can list a couple of websites
Reply 14
Original post by Salli00
What subjects do you need help with? I can list a couple of websites

All of them lol. Mainly maths and science.
All of them lol. Mainly maths and science.

For science:
Cognito and Freesciencelessons on YouTube
Malmesbury Education on YT for required practicals
Quizlet is also good for learning required practicals
BBC bitesize is good when taking notes

This website has a lot of recourses if you do AQA:
https://www.nusa.org.uk/page.php?d=science&p=revgcse

Also for science, I recommend getting a CGP revision guide. Everything you need to know is in there

Maths:
If your school has MathsWatch, use it!!
Mathsgenie - watch a video then do all the questions on the website
DrFrostMaths
Corbettmaths - do their daily worksheets
Onmaths - I LOVE THIS SITE!! I recommend doing every past paper on here

English:
Mr Bruff and Mr Salles on YouTube will save your grades
If you search your literature texts up on google you can find many revision booklets online, they’re really helpful
Reply 16
Original post by Salli00
For science:
Cognito and Freesciencelessons on YouTube
Malmesbury Education on YT for required practicals
Quizlet is also good for learning required practicals
BBC bitesize is good when taking notes

This website has a lot of recourses if you do AQA:
https://www.nusa.org.uk/page.php?d=science&p=revgcse

Also for science, I recommend getting a CGP revision guide. Everything you need to know is in there

Maths:
If your school has MathsWatch, use it!!
Mathsgenie - watch a video then do all the questions on the website
DrFrostMaths
Corbettmaths - do their daily worksheets
Onmaths - I LOVE THIS SITE!! I recommend doing every past paper on here

English:
Mr Bruff and Mr Salles on YouTube will save your grades
If you search your literature texts up on google you can find many revision booklets online, they’re really helpful

Thank you 😊😊

How do you use past papers? I find it hard using the mark schemes when I don’t fully understand a question.
Original post by TurtlePowerXII
How do you use past papers? I find it hard using the mark schemes when I don’t fully understand a question.

If you don’t understand a question, asks yourself 3 questions.

Why don’t you understand it?
How can I understand it?
How will I remember it?

You can overcome the “not understanding” stage by either watching videos on it, until it eventually clicks. So I watched YouTube videos, it helped me pick up the concept quickly

For the mark schemes; I normally attempted 5 questions each at a time, before I checked the answer. The reason you might not understand something from the mark scheme is because you actually don’t understand the topic well enough, so you might have to do some ground work.
If you don’t understand a question, asks yourself 3 questions.

Why don’t you understand it?
How can I understand it?
How will I remember it?

You can overcome the “not understanding” stage by either watching videos on it, until it eventually clicks. So I watched YouTube videos, it helped me pick up the concept quickly

For the mark schemes; I normally attempted 5 questions each at a time, before I checked the answer. The reason you might not understand something from the mark scheme is because you actually don’t understand the topic well enough, so you might have to do some ground work.

Ok thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending