The Student Room Group

MA Social work UEL

Hi Everyone,
Has any one being on the online interview for MA Social work with UEL.
Any ideal of study materials please?
Thanks.
Reply 1
Hey

I have been asked to attend social work written test. When is your test? Good Luck!
Reply 2
Original post by harsha21
Hey

I have been asked to attend social work written test. When is your test? Good Luck!

Thanks harsha ,I have done it last week.
Reply 3
Original post by teemama31
Thanks harsha ,I have done it last week.

Oh that's great!

Any tips you can give? What sort of questions do they ask? Mine is on 14th Jan!
Reply 4
Oh that's great!

Any tips you can give? What sort of questions do they ask? Mine is on 14th Jan!

It was a case study about a girl in Forster home who smacked another girl in the house and the case was reported to the Social work and two questions was asked how you will deal the case,and asking you to consider the values and ethnic of social work..
They just want to see your writing skills and understanding of social work.
Reply 5
It was a case study about a girl in Forster home who smacked another girl in the house and the case was reported to the Social work and two questions was asked how you will deal the case,and asking you to consider the values and ethnic of social work..
They just want to see your writing skills and understanding of social work.

Thank you so much!!!
Reply 6
Thank you so much!!!

Hi harsha, how did it go?
Reply 7
Hi harsha, how did it go?

Hey

I did not attend the interview for UEL as i got an offer from Dundee. Although, i did attend Royal Holloway's interview and written test.
Hello. Hope you are all well. I was wondering what the UEL interview is like because I have an interview next Wednesday. I have prepped but I still feel a bit nervous. All the best!

Hi Everyone,
Has any one being on the online interview for MA Social work with UEL.
Any ideal of study materials please?
Thanks.
Hiya! How did your interview go? What sort of questions did they ask you?
Original post by kpopunnie

Hey there , is UEL your first choice as well ? Which unis did you apply to🥰
Original post by kpopunnie

Hello. My interview went well. So they ask you about your motivations so why apply for social work, your skills or attributes, teamwork and a case study/scenario question. They really want you to reflect and think. This applies to all social interviews since unis ask similar questions. You got this!!
Hi
Has anyone the online exam for UEL social work and what type of questions did they ask you? x
Original post by Hannaholumide
Hi
Has anyone the online exam for UEL social work and what type of questions did they ask you? x

I did. I am applying for a Masters in Social Work and from what I remember it's a case study so read up on the PCF and law e.g. the children act 1989. The case study is the same for BA and MA applicants and the questions are about how you would work/engage with the service user, look at the possible risks. You will be fine honestly. Best of luck
Thank you
Original post by Hannaholumide
Thank you

You are welcome, Hannah. All the best
How did you find the final interview stage?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending